Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RCR Shockwave

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Xterestrial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCR Shockwave

Is the TRX 3.3 able to fit on this.

I have a 4tec I'd love to swap the parts over to my shockwave. And make it a beast. Would this fit or no?
Old 11-08-2015, 02:47 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume you mean the Redcat Shockwave? Yes the 3.3 will fit in the same space as both are small block engines, but it's not a bolt in affair. First I have no idea how the motor mounts are going to work out for you, the 3.3 may not bolt into the Redcat mount. If it doesn't I recommend getting a TMaxx mount and drilling the chassis to accommodate it. Second you are going to need a new exhaust system. The Redcat exhaust is for a side exhaust engine and the 3.3 is rear exhaust. The 4tec exhaust won't work because it won't point the right way. The only exhaust header I know of that will fit the 3.3 and point the exhaust the right way is for the TMaxx. Third, you'll need to modify the throttle linkage as the Redcat engine has a rotary carb while the 3.3 uses a slide carb. This is going to be the hardest part as there are no off the shelf solutions and you'll likely have to make/modify a few parts. And finally the flywheel/clutch. The are at flywheel should work on the 3.3 if you use the Redcat flywheel collet with the 3.3 flywheel nut. Then reuse the Redcat clutch and clutchbell.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:19 AM
Xterestrial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Thanks for the info. I didn't think about the exhaust. I didn't even notice that. But thank you. At least it's possible. Just with mods.