RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Tekno RC ET410

Old 06-09-2018, 02:41 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Thumbs up Tekno RC ET410

I patiently wait for the official word on the rumored Tekno ET410. A 1/10 scale 4wd stadium truck (truggy) would be a uplifting moment to the hobby.

There are three items listed on Tekno RC's website that got the rumors flying. The items are listed for the EB410/ET410...the ET410 doesn't exist yet . If posting a part for a platform that does not exist, and Tekno RC has not changed the website yet, that tells me (and all the other addicts looking on) that it's going to happen.

I've struggled for years battling the urge for a HoBao's Hyper 10TT to show up at my doorstep.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:19 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Why?

It's been asked...
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Why 1/10th scale? Why not 1/8th scale? They’re heaps more durable and capable, not to mention agile and nimble.
When a person has been around the hobby long enough, they think of a "truggy" as being 1/8 scale. Depending on where you look, and who you talk to, the term "Truggy" started from an adaptation of two RC platforms. Some say it started with 1/8 scale buggies and 1/10 scale stadium trucks, and others will go with the 1/8 scale buggies and 1/10 scale monster truck combo. I always thought truggies evolved from monster truck class of racing dying out and people started building monster buggies from monster trucks that were sitting in the corner; collecting dust somewhere.

I had three 1/8 scale truggies, and making long story short, they require a larger track to effectively make use of their longer wheelbase and wider stance.

All RCs can/will break eventually. It all depends on circumstances. People say you can't "bash" a 1/10 buggy. I raced, and bashed all my buggies since day one in the hobby. I bash all my "race" platforms. You just gotta know the limitations.

Stadium trucks have become my RC of choice to run on an off-road track. I find them more agile, and more nimble than a 1/8 scale truggy. A lighter weight 1/10 version of a big heavy 1/8 scale truggy would be great. A 4wd version of a stadium truck would be awesome! It's been done before, but I think the idea can be improved upon.

Would a new 1/10 scale truggy reinvent the class? Is a 4wd stadium truck needed/wanted with today's carpet, and astro turf tracks becoming more mainstream? I don't care about that stuff.

Tekno RC's reputation for building tough RC platforms should make the ET410 interesting for racers and bashers like me.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:59 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Matthew Armeni from Tekno just stated that it's based on the EB410 on the RCtech.net forums.

Now, I will just have to make the jump into shorty pack territory. I wasn't planning on that. May put a damper on my fun.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:35 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Talking

First images are showing up...

Old 06-25-2018, 02:43 AM
RustyUs