Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Old 03-12-2005, 06:07 PM
IslandSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Ok....heres the deal... Im seeing alot of Truggy talk lately on here and im tired of flipping from post to post to get and remember info, So i thought it would be cool for everyone to have ONE thread to goto to find it all, (pix,info,specs, ideas, thought,etc...). What i read so far from the threads are that the Hot Bodies is the truggy of choice, then the GS Storm SUT PRO. Im gonna be either buying one of the two or taking a Kanai 3 that i have lying here collecting dust and do a NATIVE RACING TRUGGY conversion for it. I figure going this route will A-save me money, B=get some use at least of my Kanai 3, C= Have a race ready/proven design. Heres some pix of the conversion i plan on buying this week...(maybe)..Hey by the way.... Let me see your TRUGGY!!!!!!...Wheres that sweet truck Stone?lol..lol.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16751.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	242785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72749.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	242786  
Old 03-12-2005, 06:36 PM
XizzeriA

Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, Conversions..etc...

Nice pics!

I'm thinking about converting my buggy into a truggy or at least, get some bigger wheels for driving in rougher terrain. I found the Ofna Truggy rims at Hobbie Guy RC and thought the Pro-Line Maxx Mulcher tires or the Step Dawg tires would be suitable. I just wanna make sure they are compatible, they are all T-maxx/Savage-size, then there's no problem right?

I also wonder if anyone got any opinions or suggestions about the choice of tires, I'm not interested in the bow tires since I won't be racing it.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:43 PM
IslandSavage

I would have to think the Pro-Line Maxx Mulcher tires... Im gonnabe racing mine so Bowties or Response tires are what i'll be packing..Im not sure which engine.. I love the XTM 24.7PROi have in my MGT, but might wanna try something new...hmmmmm We'll find out in 6 days
Old 03-12-2005, 07:49 PM
hybridstone

HOW IS THIS OFFICIAL? there are like 6 official truggy threads lol.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:50 PM
IslandSavage

Hmmmmmm...i got it...its Officially the 7th then...LOL>>>LOL>>LOL>>>Thats y i said i was tired of flipping to different threads...found some more pix of my upcoming project..or at least what its supose to look like. the company just a few weeks ago set some track records with this conversion...very impressve... Hey what engine should i run?!?!? A good .21 (RB/NOVA/) or a .26-.28 (XTM/WASP/NOVA/)?? I cant believe i just now asked remembered i just remembered that part..lol.. Any sugestions stone?

Name:	Fd92217.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	242816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62768.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	242817  
Old 03-12-2005, 08:10 PM
IslandSavage

Nice how they did ths body to work....

Name:	Wu60340.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	242833  
Attached Images    
Old 03-12-2005, 09:59 PM
hybridstone

The front part comes off and there is a buggy body lurking under dual purpose kinda kewl! as far as engines what kind of track are you racing on long straights lots of run up to the big jumps.ect..
Old 03-13-2005, 12:48 AM
IslandSavage

It has a real long straight and tight turns in the middle...hmmmmmmmmm heres some pix...only real big jump is right out of a turn..so i need low-end that can still go high...I already know imma be using a OS T-2050 pipe..(if that helps)...

Name:	Jh16030.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	243019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26732.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	243020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40548.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	243021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx67895.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	243022  
Old 03-13-2005, 01:36 AM
crazychris7

Nice trucks everyone... Ill show my mostly stock LSRR that all of you have prolly seen so much of that youre sick of it... OR SOMETHING... We need some kind of sub forum because I'm tired of posting like 5 billion times about the same thing... or maybe I'm just bored... Well guys.. its been a long day of racing (but never long enough), I'm off to bed...

Chris

Name:	Vt57011.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	243035   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48410.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	243036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60591.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	243037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94038.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	243038  
Old 03-13-2005, 01:47 AM
IslandSavage

Sweet truck...how did you do racing today....

Hey stone...whats up with the engine info?!?!
Old 03-13-2005, 02:38 AM
crazychris7

I was gonna race my pro tonight, but a bud of mine brought me a set of Racers Edge knuckles for a 777 because i blew my molded set on the RR. So i dropped them on and went racing with the RR instead I was up against 2 LSP's, a revo, MGT, a TNX, a Kyosho Truggy with a P5 (crazy fast), and a Trinity Spyder. first qualifier i got 2nd behind the kyosho, second I got 1st, and thrid I got first again. (5 min qualifiers) Then came the 15 min Main (NICE!) The kyosho blew a diff on the second qualifier so I was safe. The only competition was a buddy of mine's LSP because of a good tune done by me... We swapped back and forth till his center diff took a crap and me being up 2 laps on everyone else I was safe until... a screw from my turnbuckle came out... but with less than a minute to go, I was safe and still got first... Plus with a new layout, the buggies were pulling mid 30 sec laps and my best of the night was a 34.2.. best buggy time was a 32.8... god i love this truck... just wait till i get the wasp .28 in the rr and the modded Novarossi .28 in the pro.. then I might as well start asking people if they need a room when im racing... cause i'll be checking out! Maybe after the swap i should start running with the buggies... At least that way ill have some competition..

Chris
Old 03-13-2005, 07:58 AM
IslandSavage

Sounds like fun. How did the Truggy do? Did its driver have skillz, or was it another Great ride,bad owner combo..lol... we have alot of that down here..lol.llol.. I was thinking of putting a P5 in my truggy. Most likely I wont. I dont wanna take it out the Mugen..i might go the .26-.28 route for my KANAI 3 Truggy project..Im glad to see that people are running different MT' and Truggys. Im getting tired of seeing all of the same trucks at a race..(20 entries 17 Revos)..not flaming, but i think its more fun to watch or race in a mix. I was gonna buy a SUT PRO or Hot Bodies PRO, but its cheaper to do a Native racing Conversion. They bought one down this way and litteraly killed the competition. So $200 is alot better to spend than $500... Plus it will be different and awsome..[8D] heres the link

http://mivasecure.abac.com/remotecon...egory_Code=SUS
Old 03-13-2005, 01:10 PM
crazychris7

The kyosho truggy lost its center diff, but he didnt feel like messing with it right away since he ran 8th scale as well. The P5 is a great motor, but i have a Collari in one of my buggies and that thing flat out FLIES! might wanna look into a B3/B7.... great engines... And you said the reason why i LOVE racing down here, the variety. Its very boring running or even watching a MT race made up mostly of 1 truck. We have 3-4 HB LS's here, but thats just because its the hot truck right now. Wait a few months and you'll see alot of HB LS's, Mugen, TTR and kyosho truggies... nothing can touch them, and with the right driver, these things WILL beat buggies lap times (those tires make a BIG difference) We were racing on a new layout so we were't yet pulling the best lap times, but once we all get used to it we're going to be pulling some crazy lap times.

Chris
Old 03-13-2005, 03:30 PM
MAXXacceleration

Anyone running th Ofna Blazer SST down there? So far its the 'unspoke of' truggy/st everywhere.
I have one & love it and most owners seem too... It has the same dimensions as the GS SUT.
I haven't raced mine yet, just done practice laps. Its been dependable & quick so far.
Just curious. Its underground.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:38 PM
crazychris7

Nah, I havent really heard much about that truck maxx. Looks good, but i havent seen one up close or run one so I can't really say much about it. Looks good, and the 2 sets of wheels/tires are a nice touch. Ofna makes some pretty good stuff so you cant really go wrong with them. I think theres none down here because not many LHS's carry ofna parts...

Chris
Old 03-13-2005, 03:52 PM
MAXXacceleration

I hear ya on availability. Everything is through NitroHouse for me.
Either no ones taking a chance with them, or maybe its not 'race worthy' enough for the fast dogs.
Driver ability would cover 90% of that I believe...
Ofnas marketing of it leaves a little to be desired imo, too.
Anyways, I'll enjoy mine.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:11 PM
IslandSavage

Hey.. you guys have any suggetstion on a good engine for my Kanai 3 truggy project? Luckily I have 5 days to make up my mind... Plus seeing how my chassis is a race buggy i see a Non-Pull in my furture...What do u guys suggest..Money isnt too much if an issue...
Old 03-13-2005, 04:22 PM
MAXXacceleration

Use up your RG and then go RB! Thats what I'll do after my Force .26 goes.
But the Jammin JP-2 pipe REALLY woke up my Force... I'm in no hurry.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:24 PM
hybridstone

WELL that makes a HUGE differance if money's not an issue then the nova rossi 28 8 port modded by ebmods he sell em premodded brand new try www.ebmods.com you will have the fastest engine $ can by.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:27 PM
IslandSavage

My RG is at the point it needs to be rebuilt....I was thinking to throw my P5 in it though...
Old 03-13-2005, 04:30 PM
crazychris7

It all depends on what size of motor you want. For a .21, a Collari B3/B7 is a great buy, and the prices are real nice. I run JP-1's on my rc's... a hellish low end is always a good thing Whatever you get, for the love of god dont baby it.. break it in good and give her hell.. nothing worse than a good motor putting around the track

Chris
Old 03-13-2005, 05:04 PM
MAXXacceleration

I was going to go JP-1 on my Force .26(it is a low end motor). Nitrohouse talked me out of in because they said I would lose rev out. I had good low end, still do and I seem to have a better(real good imo) top end now. Any additional low end(or jump out of corners) I need on this motor or my next motor will be done with clutch shoes/springs.
Does your motor rev out well with the JP-1 Chris?
Old 03-13-2005, 06:33 PM
IslandSavage

I think imma put my P5 in it and try that out...This thing was a killer in my MBX5.but im not sure how it wil take to the bigger tires... How about a .28 Wasp? I would get another 24.7 PRO..I love this this thing, but it doesnt come non-pull...
Old 03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
crazychris7

Maxx... the JP-1 is a awesome pipe for my buggies, and I'll have one on my LSRR this week. Depending on the track, the JP-1 vs JP-2 is a toss up... If you have a tight, tech track, the JP-1 will give you loads of bottom end and will rip the track apart w/o breathing heavy. The JP-2 is mostly for long straights and big tracks where you will be WOT or close to it alot. I race on alot of tight tracks so the JP-1 is the best pipe for me. Island... with a truggy you need diff gears to be able to move those tires. With the right gear setup you will be as fast or maybe faster than a buggy on the track... Those tires really do make a big difference in cornering...

Chris
Old 03-13-2005, 07:59 PM
IslandSavage

Im glad u said something... i havent put thought into that (gearing)...hmmmm..not sure what route to go..[]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.