Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:32 PM
zJatoRad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Ok, thanks, I think i'm going to try your setup, I believe mine still have stock.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:09 PM
zJatoRad

anyone know if the JConcepts HellFire Illuzion HD body comes clear or prepainted? this is what it says on speedtechnitro:

The Illuzion - Hellfire was designed for the HPI Hellfire racing truggy. The Illuzion body body comes complete and is available in Heavy-Duty thickness polycarbonate. The Illuzion body features a stadium truck style that combines hard edge racing lines with a front hood scoop. The roof of the body has been dramatically wedged or "Illuzionized" for that aggressive look. While the rear of the body has been designed for extra bed durability.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:00 PM
bbmods

ORIGINAL: fasteddie2

I have seen them on e-bay for $500.00, but i was thinking as soon as all the hobbie shop have a change to get one they may come down in price. i have 300 buck set aside for the old v-spec but i'm going to wait until the new one comes out and see were the price is.

the new v-spec will be over $500 and its a factory tuned engine.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:25 PM
zJatoRad

yep, and the modded one will be like 640!!!!! there goes a Hellfire RTR.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:29 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they all come clear.
ORIGINAL: zJatoRad

anyone know if the JConcepts HellFire Illuzion HD body comes clear or prepainted? this is what it says on speedtechnitro:

The Illuzion - Hellfire was designed for the HPI Hellfire racing truggy. The Illuzion body body comes complete and is available in Heavy-Duty thickness polycarbonate. The Illuzion body features a stadium truck style that combines hard edge racing lines with a front hood scoop. The roof of the body has been dramatically wedged or "Illuzionized" for that aggressive look. While the rear of the body has been designed for extra bed durability.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:59 AM
zJatoRad

cool, thanks.

edit: does anyone have ever used the body from Majestic?

another question, which one is more durable, the Proline or the JConcepts body?
Old 02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
JagManSS

No the copper colored stuf is what I have heard.... RTV COPPER
ORIGINAL: chickenfarmer3

why no silicone and does that include blue rtv
Old 02-13-2007, 11:50 AM
JagManSS

Just put my order in for one .... I think that I have enough bodies that the Wife will have to let me get an air brush .... hehehe..... (thought that it was a great deal LHS 40$ canadian )...... with a little practice I hope to paint it close to the one on JC's web site.
ORIGINAL: zJatoRad

Old 02-13-2007, 12:58 PM
gojohnnygo

someone in my area is selling a used (he says 1/2 gallon, including break in) and is "almost new" condition Hellfire rtr for $380.00usd. it has a HI-TEC 645MG servo upgrade, and glo-igniter/battery/charger/futaba radio included. is that a good price? i'm considering it.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
zJatoRad

It looks like a good deal, thats what usually they go on ebay for, hopefully he did a good break in on the engine, it's a strong engine i can tell!

I got mine on ebay for 280 bone stock with goodies like glow plug ignitors, chargers, air filter oil and an Airtronics M8 Radio with Receiver!!!, yeah 280 shipped, the guy typed Hell Fire, only me and someone else bidded but I won a the end, i consider my self very lucky.

380 is a good deal IMO. I also have the same servo and it's doing it's job nice.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:08 PM
zJatoRad

Sounds Good JagMan, please post a picture when you get it, i'm consider one too! how many bodys do you have? I have the PL Crowd Pleazer II and the stock one.

[quote]ORIGINAL: JagManSS

Just put my order in for one .... I think that I have enough bodies that the Wife will have to let me get an air brush .... hehehe..... (thought that it was a great deal LHS 40$ canadian )...... with a little practice I hope to paint it close to the one on JC's web site.
[quote]
Old 02-18-2007, 11:19 AM
JagManSS

At least talk to the guy and see if, at the very least he thinks that he knows what he is talking about LOL .... and if you like the LQQK of it ( no visable damage) offer him $350 and when you have it in your hot little hands run baby run ........ in my towne that would make it like 1/2 the NIB price. Good Luck!!
ORIGINAL: gojohnnygo

someone in my area is selling a used (he says 1/2 gallon, including break in) and is "almost new" condition Hellfire rtr for $380.00usd. it has a HI-TEC 645MG servo upgrade, and glo-igniter/battery/charger/futaba radio included. is that a good price? i'm considering it.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:01 PM
zJatoRad

The Hellfire forum is kinda dead?? what's up guys [X(]

anyway, what do you guys think of these engines: Ofna Hyper .21 8 Port and OS .21 VG

which one would you choose for the hellfire?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Grover6

Hi. I can't see where anyone has asked this yet. I'm looking to buy a Hellfire, but I can't find anything on the tranny. Is it a 2 speed or a single?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:34 AM
fasteddie2

has anyone see the new jammin engines?
you can pick up a .28 with a jammin pipe for under 300.00
everyone talks about the o.s. v-spec but what about the vg
someone out there must know!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:22 AM
fasteddie2

here is some invo on the vg, you can buy this engine for 220

This is the CEO Power Mods modified O.S. .21 VG (P) Off-Road Buggy Engine. Chris O'Donnell from CEO Power Mods takes the time to fully modify these engines for maximum performance and runtime. This engine also has the rear bearing replaced with a Boca read bearing, for maximum performance and durability.

The O.S. .21 VG (P) Off-Road Buggy Engines gives you the best of both worlds...Top-End Speed and Low-End Torque. The O.S. VG buggy engine provides exceptional performance at such a reasonable price. Not only does this engine have monster low end torque, it also has excellent top end when combined with a good tuned pipe like the OS T-2050 or Jammin JP-2. When it comes to low price sport motors, the O.S. .21 VG engine can't be beat!

Note that the cooling head on this engine is designed similar to the cooling head of the O.S. 30 VG. This larger head will run a lot cooler than the older .21 RG cooling head.

Features:

ROAR Legal
Entire engine dissipates heat more quickly.
Needle valve adjusts with a screwdriver-no need to pry up or remove the body.
Needle is set in a strong brass sleeve for durability and reduced air leakage.
Slide Valve throttle setup features ball link to resist turning, while allowing more precise adjustments.
1/4-28 pilot (SG) crankshaft for Centax type clutch
21F slide valve carburetor
Rear exhaust
Specifications:
Displacement: 0.211 cu in (3.46cc)
Bore: 0.654" (16.6mm)
Stroke: 0.63" (16.0mm)
Practical RPM: 3,000 - 36,000 RPM
Power Output: 2.0 ps / 30,000 RPM
Weight: 12.24oz (347g)
Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 AM
bbmods

ORIGINAL: Grover6

Hi. I can't see where anyone has asked this yet. I'm looking to buy a Hellfire, but I can't find anything on the tranny. Is it a 2 speed or a single?

its a single speed
Old 02-24-2007, 02:37 PM
zJatoRad

like bbmods said, it's single and use differentials.

I Believe the OS .21 VG is 146.99 on amainhobbies, 220 is the retail? Or you talking about the modded one?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Grover6

Thanks all.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:29 PM
JagManSS

Hey I got a Question ????? I even have pic's ... I just got the newest Savage X upgrade for the Diff's (aluminum SSX ones ). Now what I was thinking that I could maybe put these in the Hellfire .... it looks by all appearances that it will fit ... Has anyone tried this ???? To me I think that it will work the the exception of the bearing having a different I/D.
Attached Images     
Old 02-26-2007, 06:44 AM
fasteddie2

The o.s. vg mod motor was 220.00

but i'm thinking about going with a new jammin motor

the diff question is a good question to ask hpi support, i normal e-mail them and they get back to me in a couple of days.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:56 PM
JagManSS

Well now I know that it will work as far as fit. Now will it run well is the question ? ... I assembled it and it all lQQKs just great .... little more weight ... so I am not sure if it is worth it .... anyone know what the pos and cons are with this ... I am thinking that it will be around 4 grams over the stock set up ... hope you can make out the pics ok .... any feed back would be great [8D] update: sorry about the pics being so bad ,but I did get a chance to weigh it 8 Grams diffrence ..... so if I was to do all three (not like I would need to do the centre one ) it would total 24 grams [&o] even at two it is 16 grams.... over half an OZ ... Does anyone know what the nova aluminum diffs weigh?? http://www.rcplace.nl/popup_image.php/pID/57
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78347.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	631963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56388.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	631964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61558.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	631965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp40815.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	631966  
Old 03-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Smokey-Joes

Need Help, well i have been running my Hellfire for a while now and have only encountered a few problems, majority have been small until now. I had kept it stock for the most part as i was concentrating on another truck. Now i have time to spend on my HF and these are my 2 major issues, the turning on this truck is terrible, i need to reduce the turning circle for track racing as currently a 45 seater bus is smaller. The other issue are the servo's and radio which i now need to uprage as i ahve fired the Steering Servo. i am considering the EX-10 Helio and Spektrum Module system with Hitec servos. any feedback is always appreciated
Old 03-03-2007, 06:03 PM
JagManSS

Smokey - sounds like you have the RTR HF ..... yes Steering Servo is a must. My buddy put that 333 Ounce Hitec in his Revo ... WOW .... dry steers like lightning, just waiting to hit the track with it. [8D]......... I am not sure what radio that you get with the stock one ... but I have the Spectrum DX3.0 ..... I think that it is a sweet radio ... but I have only been really really into it for the last 1 1/2 ... Over all I have been in it for 17 years ... but just off and on ...
Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 AM
zJatoRad

I use spektrum DX2 and a Hitec 645mg as steering servo on my RTR HF, they're both good. If you get a better radio and a better servo, always remember to check your End Points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.