Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
agentM192

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Try macro on the camera.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
j-boy

Thanks agent but I dont guess theres a macro option in there. At least I can't find it if there is [&o] I kind of doubt that its there cause I only paid like 100 bones at radio shack for the camera. U get wat u pay for right?[:@]
Old 05-30-2007, 07:49 PM
agentM192

Look for the little flower symbol. Check your manual too.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:37 AM
bioman35

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and have been looking into getting a slightly used Hellfire SS RTR. How much should I be expecting to pay for one that is in good condition? Anything else I should be looking out for?

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:58 PM
savagehead
My Feedback: (25)

Wecome bioman35 i just picked up a kit at ultimatehobbies.com for $299.99 and that is with free shipping. I know it not a rtr but check it out
Old 06-04-2007, 07:24 AM
j-boy

Heyguys! Ok so I finally got to test mt HF after fixing the steering. It's a whole new truck when you can turn left!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:30 AM
channah
My Feedback: (5)

Yeah- I really can't make out the pics on the steering mod... Any way of helping that out? My steering is really getting annoying. I replaced the bearings, but it still feels as if it is hung up somewhere
Old 06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
bioman35

Ok, so I talked to a trusted LHS today and they said the Hellfire breaks too easily. They said the Jammin X1CRT is a much better solid unit. What do you guys think? I was looking at the RTR versions btw.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:57 PM
aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: bioman35

Ok, so I talked to a trusted LHS today and they said the Hellfire breaks too easily. They said the Jammin X1CRT is a much better solid unit. What do you guys think? I was looking at the RTR versions btw.
Maybe the Hellfire RTR in terms of breaking.. But I doubt the Hellfire SS would break so easily. That thing is STOUT.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
bioman35

Don't the RTR and SS have the same basic chassis, suspension, etc? I would be upgrading the steering servo to a Hitech 333 if I got the Hellfire RTR. What else would I need to do to get it up to SS spec?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
bbmods

ORIGINAL: aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: bioman35

Maybe the Hellfire RTR in terms of breaking.. But I doubt the Hellfire SS would break so easily. That thing is STOUT.
You are 100% right.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
bioman35

If I wanted to build up an SS to a RTR, with the same engine, pipe, etc and Hitec 559 Steering, Good Throttle servo, etc how much would it be? Could I build the SS to be better than the RTR for under $500?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:19 AM
channah
My Feedback: (5)

Well, I crashed straight into a tree at full speed with my SS and all I broke was a plastic servo saver. The vehicle is very solid!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:34 AM
j-boy

Channah... the pics are just of places where you need to grind out some clearence to get full travel of the steering components. I'm sorry but my digital camera is a joke [&o]. The linkage coming off of the top of your servo saver will hit the upper chassis deck. Just above the screws on the right side of your steering servo. The last pic in my post above is of the corner of the upper plate/chassis/deck where the linkage hits it ( inside the circle of course ). If the pics just can't be deciphered... just sit down with your truggy and move the steering by hand and look for any places where steering linkages or components end up bumping into eachother and stopping the servo from traveling any further. will be the places you need to grind out.

If theres anybody out there with a descent camera who has figured out what I've done in these pictures and would PLEASE post good pics of the mods... well that would be SWEEEET!!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
fasteddie2

I'm looking for a turning diameter or everyone's hellfire to clear-up some confussion. If someone could do a donut in the dirt and measure the inside of the circle and let me know if you made any mods to the plate and knuckles. so we can compare #'s.

I'm looking @ my ss and i dont have the same problems that everyone else has. I could mod the steering knuckles a little to gain more but i have been happy with the seering so far.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
agentM192

Wow if people think things break easily on the Hellfire, they are very wrong. I jumped off a five foot rock at 30 MPH and hit another rock below it with one wheel and the only thing I broke was an ecentric bearing. And the little bar that held them was bent a little bit but that was easily fixed. That and the stock steering servo have been the only thing I've broken so far.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
j-boy

fasteddie... I went over my build instructions before I started grinding stuff but I couldn't find where I had gone wrong. I had to assume that it was in the engineering of the truggy so I started modding. I'm not sure what you mean by a donut. I put a Picco P 3 .28 in my Hellfire so theres enough torque ( actually too much ) that if I crank the steering and nail the throttle, I can literally spin it around like a top. So anyway, hows about this? I cranked my wheels all the way left and held a piece of chalk against the tire as I rolled it in a circle. I came out with a 40" circle on the floor so I guess that would be my off power turning radius. And no offence but you said you were happy with your hellfire so if I were you I wouldnt worry about it. I mean "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" Anyway heres the best illustration I could come up with. Hope it helps! post u later

Oops... my illustration shows a right turn but it doesn't matter, I checked it to be sure. It's the same in either direction. [sm=49_49.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30722.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	698945  
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2007, 05:17 AM
fasteddie2

Nice Job J-boy,

your way of check the turning radius is great! I'm going home today and checking my now. This should help out alot of people out there.
By the way the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comment, well you can't go faster if you dont't try!

Thanks for all the help!

UPDATE! I have checked mine and i get about 43'' both right and left turn without and mods.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:24 PM
aer-wubby

Well, good news (for me). I broke in the engine in my HF, and have it tuned. What I noticed is that the steering is very good, both direction. Guarantee people with bad steering to one side probably did something wrong during building, or don't have the truggy dialed in well. This thing truly turns on a dime in both directions!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:46 PM
vindicator65

Does anyone know when the Edit option parts for the hellfire are going to be available? the servo saver, knuckle arms hubs etc... they look awsome 7075 aluminium
Old 06-11-2007, 05:05 AM
fasteddie2

good news!

first race and i finished 2nd in the A main!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:15 AM
j-boy

ORIGINAL: aer-wubby

Well, good news (for me). I broke in the engine in my HF, and have it tuned. What I noticed is that the steering is very good, both direction. Guarantee people with bad steering to one side probably did something wrong during building, or don't have the truggy dialed in well. This thing truly turns on a dime in both directions!
I have honestly wondered about this plenty but If I did something wrong I can't seem to figure out what it is. Please... tell me what I did wrong. Or tell us all how to "dial it in".
Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 AM
fasteddie2

I think it has some thing to do with the servo's you are using and the servo mounts, there is 3 0r 4 different that comes with the kit.

When you are putting it together it says to add washers until the servo link is streight.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
j-boy

cool.... I check it out!!![sm=49_49.gif]
Old 06-15-2007, 07:55 AM
cmewse

Hi all, Must say first off love the thread, tones of info and usful stuff!

I have had my Hellfire SS for a month and a half now and quite happy, only probs have been stripped diff screws and blown rear diff (STS .30 has a LOT of power). read the Lightning Pro hardened steel diff fitts so ordered on today! Cheers for the tip.

Will post some pics sometime

Hellfire SS
STS .30
xpower 11kg/cm HT servo

HPI sf-1 servo
Traxxas TX/RX
6V Race pack

REVO 3.3
Proline wing
Revolution tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.