Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2148

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

ORIGINAL: RPaulG87

AhΒ*I see, IΒ*thought that basically pulled out the HF diff houseing, and just put the cen gst diff houesing with gears in place...IΒ*didn't know you had to take it apart. Are there two parts in one diff?YES, PINION AND THE ACTUALLY DIFFΒ*Your saying crown and then pinon...aren't these both inside the one diff? Then IΒ*just put the out drives on the old hellfire houseing as well?Β*I'm guessing I'm thinking this is harder than it is :P. SEARCH BACK IN THIS THREAD. THERE IS A GOOD PHOTO OF A DIFF OPEN UP ETC. IT IS EASY TO DO.

Have you changed out the center diff or no need?Β*NO. YOU CAN CHANGE THE OIL IN THE CENTRE DIFF TO WHATEVER WEIGHT YOU WANT. BETWEEN 10 AND 20 IS A GOOD STARTING POINT.Also how do IΒ*install the clutch bell?Β*DoΒ*I have to take the engine off?YES.Β*And basically to get the thread lock off, IΒ*just throw the diffs they send me and put them in the oven @ 150 for like 5-10 minutes to loosen the thread lock?ONLY IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE, CHECK THE OIL INSIDE THE DIFF AND THE SCREWS ARE VERY TIGHT AND YOU CANT LOSSEN THEM. Also where could IΒ*pick up some shims? ANY LHS OR EBAY.

One more thing, looking at the back of the hellfire, and front, it seems it's not just 6 screws, but more so 10 or so. IΒ*have to take off the front and rear bumper\skid, then take out the 6 screws which will also drop the a-arms since two of them hold in the bushing that keep the a-arm up, and then the tiny little t-bone that goes around the front and back which is held in by 2 tiny screws...is this right? IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO UNDO THE SCREWS AND THE DIFF WILL PULL STRAIGHT OUT. ONCE YOU HAVE DONE IT ONCE ITS EASY.

And I see how to get out the clutch bell, I do have to take the engine out. I found a steel vented 12t clutch bell for the Revo, would this work? http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Revo-12t...ts_Accessories

Man,just have a go at it. it mite seem hard but once you do it, slowly at first, its sooo easy.

Go to page 57. There are pics of spiral diffs and the cen diffs sitting in the hellfire diff cups.
    Always OFF TAP
    Finally sold my old hellfire

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

finished product- guaranteed the most modded hellfire , 375mm wheels base, tight steering, smooth suspension.......................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eb86974.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	1369771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ig12096.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	1369772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pn37452.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	1369773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sq46571.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	1369774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ol31492.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	1369775  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Carbon fiber?I'd figure you'd want aluminum for durability, CFmakes sense for light racing, but if that stuff gets the right amount of impact, all it's going to do is snap, nice hellfire though

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm just trying to find out if Ihave to take off those t-bone bits on the back and front of the hellfire, because if you do then it's not 6 screws...but 8 or so, and I'm also trying to find out where the heck Iget shims and what size you used, as well as trying to figure out if ican use the Revo clutch bell or not...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

use shock pistons for spacers if your removing bumpers- Why does 8 screws break your enthusiasm vs 6-

I only run carbon fiber in rear because it never breaks, front I use the billet which never bends. Once in a while i cart wheel this baby at top speed and she gets right back on the track

Just get the HB D8T clutch kit for 15 bucks off ebay and laugh all season

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3130pembroke

use shock pistons for spacers if your removing bumpers- Why does 8 screws break your enthusiasm vs 6-

I only run carbon fiber in rear because it never breaks, front I use the billet which never bends. Once in a while i cart wheel this baby at top speed and she gets right back on the track

Just get the HB D8T clutch kit for 15 bucks off ebay and laugh all season

Because everyone here as well as the manual is saying "6 screws"yet it's clearly not, it's as if people are ignoring where the t-bones intersect on the front and rear, which have to come off as well. That is why Iam wondering why people are still saying "6 screws"when it's "8"or should Isay, I'm trying to find out if Ineeed to take those screws out since somehow, magically, others aren't. I'm simply trying to understand the easiest way to take this truck apart.

I'm guessing a HBD8T Clutch kit includes a 12t clutch bell?I'll look it up on ebay now. *edit*the D8 has a 16t clutch bell...that is exactly what the stock Hellfire has, why would Iwant that?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The stock hellfire CB is a 13T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your right..then why the heck would I even have to get a 12t if I'm changeing to slightly different diff gears?That's hardly a difference O.o. Nitro was talking about the new diffs "straining"the engine, I'd obviously want LOWER for more torque as to not to strain it as much, so clearly the D8 clutch bell would be a terrible choice, but is a 12t to you even worth it?Does one less tooth make a difference?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The CEN diffs have less teeth so you need to lower the CB to make up for the difference or your engine is going to bog. I dont think you would notice a difference from 13T to 12T though. Now if youwere running a 16T you might notice more bottom end with the 12T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So what would you recommend?A 10T?9T?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 13T should be fine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok perfect so I can leave it stock, I also finally saw how to take the diff out, I thought basically you pulled the front off after removing screws, and then pulled it out "forward"not lifted up, that's whyIwas so confused but this picture made it very clear! So easy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok perfect so I can leave it stock, I also finally saw how to take the diff out, I thought basically you pulled the front off after removing screws, and then pulled it out ''forward''Β*not lifted up, that's whyΒ*IΒ*was so confused but this picture made it very clear! So easy [img][/img]
    WOW 6 screws!! after you keep saying 8.[:-] 8 or 6 big deal.

Using the cen diffs will be like having 2 teeth extra on the clutch bell so if you have a 13 t it will be like having a 15 tooth using the cen diffs. 15 will give you extra top speed while sacrificing some torque. The lrp you have has good torque so 15 would be ok. I personally would use a 12t as this would be equivalent to a 14 t which i and many others think is the perfect size.

Always OFF TAP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stussman

Ok perfect so I can leave it stock, I also finally saw how to take the diff out, I thought basically you pulled the front off after removing screws, and then pulled it out ''forward''not lifted up, that's whyIwas so confused but this picture made it very clear! So easy [img][/img]
    WOW 6 screws!! after you keep saying 8.[:-] 8 or 6 big deal.

Using the cen diffs will be like having 2 teeth extra on the clutch bell so if you have a 13 t it will be like having a 15 tooth using the cen diffs. 15 will give you extra top speed while sacrificing some torque. The lrp you have has good torque so 15 would be ok. I personally would use a 12t as this would be equivalent to a 14 t which i and many others think is the perfect size.

You keep getting bothered by the fact that I was asking why there was more than 6, when you said it was six and I saw more than six...it's very simple, why would Iwant to take off parts that don't need to be taken off?Then you started saying 8 big deal as if it was actually 8, gets pretty confusing. If Ihave a 13t...shouldn't Icompare it to current stock power and if Iput cen gst diffs in, go down to a 11t which would be identicle to the previous stock gearing?

I'm actually thinking about going with a 10t or 11t...or maybe just changeing the spur gear, I don't know, but I do know with the extra lb or 2 of weight due to the roll cage, my Hellfire isn't going to be popping any wheelies unless Ichange something to a more torquey gear setting

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Odds are you arent going to be popping wheelies anyway. The HF center of gravity is too low for it to get those front wheels up without sacrificing all the top speed. I have seen videos of brushless HF's doing wheelies but never seen a nitro one do it. Maybe with the LRP .30 and the right gearing but I think it would still be a stretch.

Stussman good explanation on the CEN diffs gearing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Understood. Thank you Keith and Struss for all the information, I'm waiting on all the parts to come and I'll get down to rebuilding the Hellfire.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think paul has carpol tunnel and every turn of a screw is painful- ??? Just use the HB lightnening gears- i have two seasons on mine with no wear and you don't have to worry about gear ratios. BTW the D8T comes with 13t clutch bell just like hellfire

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ithink Ipreviously explained why I was trying to figure out what screws Ihad to take out. People said 6, I saw 8, when Isaid Isaw 8, people said "oh big deal 8 instead of 6" as if Iwas supposed to take out 8, do you not grasp why that is irriating when you can't get a positive answer that dosen't go both ways?Why would Iwant to take apart tiny little t-bone holders on the back and front of the Hellfire if Idon't have to, which are the easiest screws to strip?

And yeah we already covered the D8-T being 13t, I'll look into the lightning gears.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3130pembroke

finished product- guaranteed the most modded hellfire , 375mm wheels base, tight steering, smooth suspension.......................
    You sure have put alot of effort into it. Good work.
    Always OFF TAP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So its been awhile since Iwrote anyhthing on here. One thing caught my eyeand it was Keith who said"The HF center of gravity is too low for it to get those front wheels up without sacrificing all the top speed." Which is in a nut shell true, how ever I ordered a diff locker for my HF I am running a 13T with the stock 4.6 and if I hita 1" bumpwhile excelerating it throws the front end up in the air and rides a wheelie. How ever my turning is sacrificed, but im doin the whole bashing thing not racing................

Should be leaving country in about 2 months already sent the toys home, but was a blast doing it in Iraq

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mcrazy30

So its been awhile since IΒ*wrote anyhthing on here.Β* One thing caught my eyeΒ*and it was Keith who saidΒ*''The HF center of gravity is too low for it to get those front wheels up without sacrificing all the top speed.''Β* Which is in a nut shell true, how ever I ordered a diff locker for my HF I am running a 13T with the stock 4.6 and if I hitΒ*a 1'' bumpΒ*while excelerating it throws the front end up in the air and rides a wheelie.Β* How ever my turning is sacrificed, but im doin the whole bashing thing not racing................

Should be leaving country in about 2 months already sent the toys home, but was a blast doing it in Iraq[img][/img]
    I remember you from a few months back. About time your boss brought you all home. Glad your safe.
    Iam running 100 centre at the moment for the same effect. With my drag mod os any slight bump the front will lift. Great bashing fun.
    Always OFF TAP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

with the right engine a Hellfire will wheely.....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...5989159158821#
    Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: supertib

with the right engine a Hellfire will wheely.....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...5989159158821#
    Thats an oldy of yours!
    I know its aples to oranges comparing that 427 to my os 28 but my modded os 28 is way more impressive than that. I had to decide between one of your modded piccos or one of colts but choose a massive mod due to their location in australia. Ive only got 2 lts thru it but its definately nasty. It really revs out on an 086 to. I tried taking some internal shots to post but my cam is no good. I hope to borrow a cam so i can post a vid and pics within soon.
    I do enjoy your vids
    Always OFF TAP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok so i got a problem. My hellfire has some trouble when it comes to left turns. It does not turn as sharply as it does when i turn right. Does anyone have any possible fixes for this?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: K-man 15

Ok so i got a problem. My hellfire has some trouble when it comes to left turns. It does not turn as sharply as it does when i turn right. Does anyone have any possible fixes for this?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Check that your servo saver horn is not hitting your servo on full left turn. Use a center point slightly farther forward of the servo.

Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast