Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2148

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

ORIGINAL: danbo5

LOVE MY HELLFIRE! Can't believe HPI discontinued it! Now they have nothing to offer in the "Truggy class". Iguess it's time to shop. Anybody know anything about Hot Bodies? Losi 8ight-t 2.0 rtr or XXL?
    They do have the HPI Trophy Truggy now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got back from bashing at a gravel pit i recently found. Sadly i spent more time fixing the HF than bashing (as usual)[]. Did give it some massive cart wheels on some bad landings which doesnt help.
    Always OFF TAP
    Finally sold my old hellfire

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

5th place ain't bad against pro drivers with new losi and mugens- congrats to me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lj23110.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	1413260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sq47395.jpg 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	1413261  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice. way to show em you dont need top dollar stuff to compete.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3130pembroke

5th place ain't bad against pro drivers with new losi and mugens- congrats to me
    You are the hellfire master
    Always OFF TAP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice! 5th place with your HF is great. Like Thef@st1 says - you don't need the best gear to do well.

The HF is still a great truggy. I'll get some pics of my baby up soon. She is waiting for an engine transplant at the moment.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

here are a few pictures of my HF. Sorry about the quality, camera needs charging so I used my cellphone.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got a modded sts 30 bump start off flea bay. Already have modded os 28s. Iam gunna bash the crAP out of it. I dont care if it doesnt last to long. I will let you no how it goes in my hf Ccompared to the os.
    Always OFF TAP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

these ofna wheels hubs work excellent on hellfire- fits tight over axles - removes slop. I put the +2 in front and +8 rear.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...enders&x=5&y=8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ugh, so my Hellfire is next to my mouse cage, right? Well apparently one of the mice got out, and decided to have a field day on the Hellfire, it ate the air filter, and then chewed a little bit on the carb sleve on the engine, air filter is no problem, but I don't know what to do about the carb sleve...it's the purple silcone sock on the throttle-body that extends in and out, I don't' even know if you can replace it..I guess I could try filling it in with silcone?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

feed the mouse to a cat......................it won't fix your carb but it might make you feel better!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RPaulG87

Ugh, so my Hellfire is next to my mouse cage, right? Well apparently one of the mice got out, and decided to have a field day on the Hellfire, it ate the air filter, and then chewed a little bit on the carb sleve on the engine, air filter is no problem, but I don't know what to do about the carb sleve...it's the purple silcone sock on the throttle-body that extends in and out, I don't' even know if you can replace it..I guess I could try filling it in with silcone?
    Thats funny as . Another way a hellfire breaks. The sleeves are cheap so easiest just to buy one.
    Always OFF TAP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Stussman,

Have you fitted your STS 30 yet? Does your HF like it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The sts 30 bump start fits nicely. I havent run it much yet. Its had a stage 5 mod.Iam trying to sort out a pipe for it. I have an 086,2035,2060,jp3. I have read you need an sts pipe to match the timing but iam not going to buy one. Iam planning to try out the jp3 and 086 tommorow if the rain lets up. I no the sts 30 can make great power but quality can be a issue.
    Always OFF TAP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys.. i'm a bit new to the nitro world.. I just bought a used Hellfire, and I would like to get into racing.. My question is.. what would be a good racing clutch setup to put in it? It has a Crono engine, modded by Rick Brake, and is setup for bumpstart. I was told, when i bought it, that the clutch is a bit worn out, and will need to be replaced soon. The flywheel still has some teeth left.. but is worn. Maybe just new shoes and springs?

Thanks to anyone who replies..

Gil.
    Zombies are cool... I can only hope to become one someday!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dynamite Max Life shoes are a good choice. The springs will depend on your driving style and the track layout. If the flywheel is worn you might as well replace it too. They are fairly cheap. Good luck with the new truck

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...rodID=DYNP5180

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm looking for some old style a-arms for hellfire- the original weaker ones first made. must be in good shape

Dropping a fresh jammin .21 in her for sat. nothing like a new motor

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I put in my LRP 30 on Friday along with a JP3 pipe. So far my baby has had 6 tanks through her not running above 180 degrees and cooling in between but she's really starting to rip. I'll start tuning it this week and get some WOT runs to see how she goes, but judging from the break in I've been doing she is going to be mental!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

riped my a-arm pretty good doing about 8 cartwheels off a jump. dogbone wouldent stay in. I used #8 rod this time.. i had to thread it threw the a-arms, tight fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt56738.jpg 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	1425757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zu66499.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	1425758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf97539.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	1425759  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nasty Ham!

Can you tell me what size bolts and nuts you used for the replacement where the arms join the bulkhead? I still haven't done this mod and am forever buying new bushings after splitting them and knocking out my arms.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its just #8 threaded rod like I said, washers and 4 locking nuts. filed down, and drilled holes threw the busings. very stright forward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys.. it's the noob again.. As i posted before, Ibought a used Hellfire SS, that needed new clutches.. Well, I went ahead and bought the Ascendancy Effortless Clutch Kit. (done deal) This Hellfire has the Crono Engine, that has been modded by Rick Brake. I wanted to get some information about this engine, so I called Rick, since he has had hands on time with it. He told me, that it's been at least 5 years since a Crono has been in his shop, and that I should send it in to him to strip down and give it a good looking over. So I did, he called me back today with some not so good news.. He said that the engine is just about shot. He said that it's a really good engine, and that if I want, he could completely rebuild it for $275. He also suggested that for $25 more he would send me a brand new modified Go-Tech GX-5R, which he says is comparable to the Crono. My question here is.. which would be more worth the money, and why? I am looking to race this Hellfire, if I can ever get it running.

Thanks,
    -Gil
    Zombies are cool... I can only hope to become one someday!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gmoon71

Hey guys.. it's the noob again.. As i posted before, Ibought a used Hellfire SS, that needed new clutches.. Well, I went ahead and bought the Ascendancy Effortless Clutch Kit. (done deal) This Hellfire has the Crono Engine, that has been modded by Rick Brake. I wanted to get some information about this engine, so I called Rick, since he has had hands on time with it. He told me, that it's been at least 5 years since a Crono has been in his shop, and that I should send it in to him to strip down and give it a good looking over. So I did, he called me back today with some not so good news.. He said that the engine is just about shot. He said that it's a really good engine, and that if I want, he could completely rebuild it for $275. He also suggested that for $25 more he would send me a brand new modified Go-Tech GX-5R, which he says is comparable to the Crono. My question here is.. which would be more worth the money, and why? I am looking to race this Hellfire, if I can ever get it running.

Thanks,
    -Gil
    Under no circumstances would Irebuild an old outdated engine for that much money! You havn't even raced this truck yet and you won't be able to tell the difference between a modded engine or stock. There are WAY better deals to be had LOOK HERE http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...prl&filter_mfr=
    these are all .23 and up sized engines and there are over 20 of them under $200.

Honestly Iknow next to nothing about the HF truggy, only what i've heard,fragile, heavy, outdated.
    NOT BEINGA HATER, just trying to help a noob. Because if your constantlybreaking, fixing, spending money and not haveing any fun you may exit this hobbyas fast as you got into it. But with empty pockets.

And if you really want to get into racingI would not sink very much money into the HF. Instead save the money untill you can buy a newer RTR or kit.

In My Opinion...If you are willing to fork over $300 for a new engine, DONT!!! Cut your losses with the hellfire and look atone of these. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...RTR-1-8-Truggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With some fine tuning the HF will handle just as well as the newer truggies. That being said, I do have to agree about the engine. Before you drop that much on it check with the track you are going to be racing at and see what if any restrictions they have about engines. Also ask some of the other guys what they are running.
    If you are set on spending that much though I would go for the extra 25 and get a new engine. Parts will be more readily available should you need any and 5 years is a long life for a nitro engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The HF is hauling about one pound more weight than the front line truggies. You're going to need a .28 sized engine. Forget the Crono engine. I run the Jammin .28, it has all the power you'll ever need. Not the best of mileage, but the price is decent.

Before you race, you should consider some of the posted modifications to increase steering and front end durability. It's a decent club racer, but don't confuse it with the latest designs. I've had 2 HF's (which I still own) and I can honestly say that my D8T would destroy it on the track.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=12788

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast