Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:16 PM
roaddell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

thanks i do appreciate the info i was thinking about the upgraded engine mount and z brace. i was reading in the jan. 06 car action they changed the center diff fluid to 10,000 weight and the front shock fluid to 50 and in the rear 40 once again thanks
Old 01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
mini ripper

Hello all I have joined the happy club of the truggy owner. I got myself a Hong Nor X1 CRT Pro. Will post some pics later on.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:59 PM
mini ripper

Here are some pics of it before I start to put it together.

What I got is.

Hong Nor X1 CRT PRO Truggy
RB Concept WS7-II .21" 7 port engine complete with 063 pipe and header
Team Orion VR6 clutch
Spare set of wheels
Hong Nor Brick pin tyres
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16542.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	386914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22590.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	386915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64085.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	386916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn31512.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	386917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Co80520.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	386918  
Old 01-16-2006, 11:25 AM
MasterJack

Hey guys - I am not here to start a flame war. I really do have a valid (in my mind) question. I have been looking at getting a Revo just because of all the hype and good price. I am new to Nitro. I have had a T-maxx for about 3 or 4 months and enjoy it but I want something a little more 'sturdy'. I want to make sure I get the righ rig. I don't do a lot of racing but from time to time I would like to. I will mostly do some light bashing - open field and a few jumps. I just wanted to know if this truck will hold up as well as a monster truck (like the Revo, Savage, etc)? I'm sure the parts for this truck are more expensive and harder to get but if it holds up well - I don't mind that.
I know a "truggy" is different than an "MT" but I just wanted some opinions on cost and durability in the long run.

Thank you.

MasterJack
Old 01-16-2006, 04:51 PM
crazysavage

All I can say Masterjack is that I own and run a Crazysavage, Twin Titan, Jammin buggy and Jammin/Hong Nor CRT. The crashes that are endured during races are just as hard as light bashing and my race truck holds up alot better than any bashing truck I have ever owned.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:20 AM
W.P Racing
My Feedback: (1)

Was supposed to sell it off @ ebay but didn't get the price i wanted ah well here it is. i'm just keeping it till the new truggy from casterracing comes out

Just too bad they don't come with a mono block[:@]
Old 01-17-2006, 12:50 PM
speedracer1129

Hi guys!

I bought my jammin from pro driver Maxy Velasco and it is awesome!!! the truck is completely dialed in and runs great! i am running it with the new mega-picco engine that i got from rcxhobbies.com and couldn't ask for more! this thing has tons of power and i get about 7 minutes of runtime from it. if you have the money, this is the way to go in my opinion!

P.S.: the fact that the truck was setup by a pro driver helps too
Old 01-17-2006, 10:07 PM
nitrosportdecals

I'm thinking of calling my truck "Bully" cuz it kicks the crap out of everything at my track. It's faster than everything there, including the pesky buggies . I can't say enough about the truck and the Rick Blake modded NovaRossi 528xr that I'm still fine tuning.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:19 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Yo Fellas!!! I am a proud new owner/sport racer of a Jammin CRT. I purchased it slightly used from a guy at my track. He did not like it. He thaught it was to fast for the small indoor track we race on (www.dbrrc.com).

Picco .27
JP-2 Pipe/header
Spektrum Rx (the trans in the pic is mine already, came with the mayhem ST)
13T/62T
Hitec HS-5645MG for steering
JR Z590 for throttle/brake

I also got a purple starter box, 2 new 1500 6 cell'ers for it, 2 1200Mah Rx packs, 2 Body's one of which is custom painted by ThermalRD. Talk about a complete package!!!

My camera sucks, sorry.

Just had one question about it. Should I stock up on any parts for this truck before I start to run it? I have some parts on hand for my Mayhem ST because it likes to bust knuckles and plastic servo saver parts sometimes. [:@]

I dig this CRT!!! I hope it races as good as it looks!!! I am still pretty new to RC and only got into it this summer. I feel fourtunate to have the best truggy around to learn how to become faster with, not to mention the guys I race with are cool as can be.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45819.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	389890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39282.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	389891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80512.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	389892  
Old 01-18-2006, 06:42 PM
flyinJ

im really limited on money right no and i am leaning to getting the jammin x1 but then i see that they came out with the rtr crt and now i dont no what to do i cant spend 600 on a truck plus a motor so what should i do Mike
Old 01-19-2006, 02:39 AM
nitrosportdecals

im really limited on money right no and i am leaning to getting the jammin x1 but then i see that they came out with the rtr crt and now i dont no what to do i cant spend 600 on a truck plus a motor so what should i do Mike
Oh hogwash, the bills can wait, truggytime overrules everything logical in life, JUST DO IT!!! Take that second mortgage out on your house and do it (you can always default on the loan, they may take your house, but they can't have truggy) Get that second job delivering newspapers or become a pimp, either way, you must have truggy. Get the r t r and work your way up, or go on a mugging spree and spring for the crazy motor, its that simple. Forget eating for a couple of weeks, it's overratted anyway, spend that extra money on truggy. This is a good time to lose those extra pounds, you'll have fun while losing weight if you spend all the money on truggy. Papa needs a new set of wheels.........
Old 01-19-2006, 07:29 AM
FE_Chris

HAHAHAHAHA Can you guys say "irresponsible" LOL

Why does it seem like the truggy department of RCU is almost DEAD?
ORIGINAL: nitrosportdecals

Oh hogwash, the bills can wait, truggytime overrules everything logical in life, JUST DO IT!!! Take that second mortgage out on your house and do it (you can always default on the loan, they make take your house, but they can't have truggy. Get that second job delivering newspapers or become a pimp, either way, you must have truggy. Get the r t r and work your way up, or go on a mugging spree and spring for the crazy motor, its that simple. Forget eating for a couple of weeks, it's overratted anyway, spend that extra money on truggy. This is a good time to lose those extra pounds, you'll have fun while losing weight if you spend all the money on truggy. Papa needs a new set of wheels.........
Old 01-19-2006, 09:56 AM
roaddell

hey its not dead i am still waiting on my crt at the lhs .it still hasn't came in yet . you try to support the lhs because thats where you race but man it has been almost two weeks. i should have just ordered it from a main hobbies it would have been here. thats why i don't have much to say. my first race is at the farm 2 in charlotte,nc in march . i cant wait to see what it do on the track with that .21 ops power engine..
Old 01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
flyinJ

that is really funny i dont no what to do still saving up trying to get rid of airplanes what motor comes with the crt rtr
Old 01-19-2006, 08:29 PM
FE_Chris

Force .28 I have not really heard many good things about ofna engine. I am waiting to test this picco .27 of mine to see how she runs.
ORIGINAL: flyinJ

that is really funny i dont no what to do still saving up trying to get rid of airplanes what motor comes with the crt rtr
Old 01-19-2006, 08:54 PM
flyinJ

i was thinking about putting the wasp .28 truggy engine in mine wondering what it would do looks like it would be a dropin fit Mike
Old 01-20-2006, 09:07 PM
nitrosportdecals

Mike, I hear too many bad things about that Orion 28. In that price range you're much better off with a Sportwerks 26. That motor is insanely fast and I've seen my cousins go at least 4 gallons before it started to lose compression, and it still runs like a beast! The only drawback to those motors is that when its time for a rebuild, ur better off just buying a new one, they are not worth the coin to rebuild. I had good experiences with the Orion Wasp 26 same as the Ofna/Picco 26, I'm hearing great things about the Picco 27, I had great luck with the Mach 28, with the exception of a broken pullstart cord, the thing was a champ. There are a lot of great motors out there. IMO if you can spring for a megabuck motor straight away, just get the RTR and deal with the crappy Ofna motor for now. Save some greenbacks for servos then for the GOOD motor, by then, you should have ample experience tuning and maintaining, a better feel for the truck and a better idea of what you really want. YOU BUY JAMMIN, JAMMIN GOOD.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:32 PM
FE_Chris

To add to that I owned a Wasp Orion .28 and it was junk. Brand new and never ran right. Horror story. I do own the Sportwerks .26. It is WAY fast. I run a 053 pipe and a 12T CB on the mayhem st of mine, and it is SMOKING fast. I will be VERY surprised if this CRT/PICCO .27/JP-2 setup of mine is gonna seem faster.

Mike, I hear too many bad things about that Orion 28. In that price range you're much better off with a Sportwerks 26. That motor is insanely fast and I've seen my cousins go at least 4 gallons before it started to lose compression, and it still runs like a beast! The only drawback to those motors is that when its time for a rebuild, ur better off just buying a new one, they are not worth the coin to rebuild. I had good experiences with the Orion Wasp 26 same as the Ofna/Picco 26, I'm hearing great things about the Picco 27, I had great luck with the Mach 28, with the exception of a broken pullstart cord, the thing was a champ. There are a lot of great motors out there. IMO if you can spring for a megabuck motor straight away, just get the RTR and deal with the crappy Ofna motor for now. Save some greenbacks for servos then for the GOOD motor, by then, you should have ample experience tuning and maintaining, a better feel for the truck and a better idea of what you really want. YOU BUY JAMMIN, JAMMIN GOOD.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:07 PM
jr29

ORIGINAL: jr29

Got to run it today and all I can say is "wow" Got 5 tanks thru the P5 and it is running great. Did break the rear uprights but only after hitting the wall have replaced with hot body Lightning uprights do look alittle beefer wilol have to do alittle clean up and the fit will be good. This truggy will be great come summer league.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
FE_Chris

I ran it today....it seems about the same as the mayhem, they are both smoking fast!!! and I won the b-main with the jammin!!! damn stripped servo kept me out of the a-main I earned my way into....O well....another day, another race.. GO JAMMIN!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: DodamissC

To add to that I owned a Wasp Orion .28 and it was junk. Brand new and never ran right. Horror story. I do own the Sportwerks .26. It is WAY fast. I run a 053 pipe and a 12T CB on the mayhem st of mine, and it is SMOKING fast. I will be VERY surprised if this CRT/PICCO .27/JP-2 setup of mine is gonna seem faster.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:36 PM
flyinJ

thanks for all your replies hope it kind of handles like a t-maxx mine is low cg and the 2.5 is shot it lasted 3 years so i saw the jammin and that is what i going to invest in and i allready have a digital hitec servo so i will soon invest in a motor for it thanks for your commments and luckly you've changed my mine on the .28 or else i would have bought it not noing
Old 01-23-2006, 04:16 AM
roaddell

hey guys just wanted let every one know that www.debbiesrcworld.com they have the x1crt for 524.00 and the ready to run for 569.00 check them out
Old 01-23-2006, 03:36 PM
jammin_tim777

how well do you guys consider the handling?
im not done building mine and im a bit curious.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:17 AM
dominiquecockers
My Feedback: (971)

Hi, Is there a kit to convert ajammin X1 into a truggy, and if so where? Thanks...Dave
Old 01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
edge540ts
My Feedback: (1)

I am putting mine together now. Almost done. I am very impressed with everything about it from the quality to the reviews it has received. I am using the following: sportwerks .26, sportwerks pipe, hitech 9645 steering "I know there are better but I already have 4 of them", jr 450 ??? -"from mayhem steering". Does anybody have any advise on set up and on the parts that I should stock up. Should I invest in a jp1 or jp2 rather than sticking with the sportwerks pipe. And is there anything that I should do during the build that the instructions do not indicate. Thanks in advance and I can wait to run this thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.