Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

XTM Mammoth ST or Mayhem ST

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

XTM Mammoth ST or Mayhem ST

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Doahh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM Mammoth ST or Mayhem ST

Both RTR because I don't want to go through buying an engine,chassis more servos, and more.
What one would be better for me (not a first timer to nitro) and why?
I'm leaning more towards the Mayhem because of the better radio and stuff but i'd probably have to get those threaded collars unless they come with them now... and better tires

If money wan't a problem i'd gt the jammin XR and a nice engine... but I just don't have the dough after I buy a $520 radio
Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 AM
kenzo_1

Default RE: XTM Mammoth or mammoth ST

I would have to recommend the ST... I own one myself and I believe the original mammoth is discontinued. The ST is slammed in true stadium truck style, where the original was more monster truck style. Check out the Mammoth forum on globals web site... http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...orum/index.php Checking out the mammoth and mammoth st forums will give you plenty of info on both trucks. hope it helps!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kenzo_1

I would have to recommend the ST... I own one myself and I believe the original mammoth is discontinued. The ST is slammed in true stadium truck style, where the original was more monster truck style. Check out the Mammoth forum on globals web site... http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...orum/index.php Checking out the mammoth and mammoth st forums will give you plenty of info on both trucks. hope it helps!
THe OG isnt discountinued look on hobbypeople.com.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Atom

Kenzo 1 is correct the OG mammoth is discontinued . I have a ST and it is a good truck, never owned a mammoth but from what Ive read some of the problems that the OG mammoth had were addressed and fixed with the st, except for chassis flex but with after market brace is easily fixed.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:44 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

The original mammoth has been discontinued but I see it is on back order now on hobbypeople.net, so they must have it coming back. (improved I hope)
Old 12-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Doahh

oops sorry I ment the Mayhem ST or Mammoth ST sorry
Old 12-01-2005, 06:18 PM
mayhem272

Default RE: XTM Mammoth ST or Mayhem ST

well id recomend the mayhem st
1. has a extremely powerful engine (i have the mayhem buggy 26 its abosoluty crazy)
2. comes with a good radio (either jr xr2i or spektrum dx3) $500 for xr2i and $550 for the spektrum
but ive seen the mammoth st they are good too
just go with wats cheaper (mammoth st runs for $350 about
Old 12-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Doahh

I don't want to buy junk to start with again (I learned my lesson by buying a duratrax maximum MT off of ebay used)
The radio gear would be run untill I get $100 more for another tranceiver
Old 12-03-2005, 09:02 AM
thopper

The Mammoth line is weak. Plastic gears, chassis flex and terrible radio. You will need a center diff and the Hobby People diff is having serious problems with the spur gear wearing out after a couple of runs (see HP mammoth forum). I would stay a way from it anf go Mayhem, jammin or Hot Bodies. The Hot Bodies seems to offer the most durability out of the box for the Money, then the Mayhem . but the Jammin is the best but the most expensive.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:49 AM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: thopper

The Mammoth line is weak. Plastic gears, chassis flex and terrible radio. You will need a center diff and the Hobby People diff is having serious problems with the spur gear wearing out after a couple of runs (see HP mammoth forum). I would stay a way from it anf go Mayhem, jammin or Hot Bodies. The Hot Bodies seems to offer the most durability out of the box for the Money, then the Mayhem . but the Jammin is the best but the most expensive.
Do you know what the hell you're talking about? Have you ever owned a Mammoth? The plastic gears hold up perfectly and the Mammoth won the RD Logics Unlimited Race. The ST comes w/ 200oz of tourqe and thats terrible? The Mammoth line is Proven and Sportwerks has yet to do so. And about the the spur gear thing, thats a complete lie. Yes it has chassis flex, but every truck has their disadvantages and that offers more traction for the begginner racer.
P.S.: ilikenitrocars, the OG is back on hobbypeople!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:10 PM
ssj2

I have a Mammoth ST and the thing seems like it's bread for a stadium truck/racing. It roars and goes very fast, once it goes into second gear it's amazing it just hauls!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Doahh

well I have both of the cars in an RCCA magazine review and looked at both I think after I buy my sensor i'm going to get a:

Mayhem ST
Old 12-05-2005, 11:05 AM
thopper

Yes I own a Mammoth and it is more truoble then it is worth. If you ever owned a better truck you can see the difference immediatly. I know about the RD Logics win but that was a VERY modified truck. Don't mislead people into thinking that it is a good out ofthe box truck...it is not. the gears do not hold up and XTM had a recsall on the center diff option. If you go to the Mammoth forum you will see all the complaints about the how fast the gears wear out. The hot Bodies, Ofna and Mayhem are supoior trucks out of the box.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

the mayhgem sucks more then a mamoth st. My friend has one so did I. Got rid of it becuase I need money.

ok a) get a center diff or b)sell your remote and get a bettre quality truggy.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Doahh

Why would I sell my Nomadio after I buy it?
it's a $500 radio that's computer upgradeable... like I'd pass that up
Old 12-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Supermaxxin

I would go with the Mayhem ST. I bought one about 6 weeks ago and so far so good. Just make sure you locktite the screws on the steering. My steering suddenly got real sloppy and it was due to the screws backing out. The stock clutch shoes wear very quickly. That is easily fixed with the aluminum clutch shoes from Sportwerks. Other than those 2 things the truck has been flawless. The motor runs great and the diffs have given me no problems. I've also had some bad landings and cartwheeled the truck at high speed with no breakage. I have however bent the shocktowers a little which is no big deal. Just bend them back.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM
mini lst turbo

having owned a mammoth i say that the driveline parts wear fast.. my friend with a mayhem doesnt seem to have that problem.. im sure the mammoth st out handled it though..

having dumped good cash in the truggy line.. i would go with kyosho or mugen their chassis layout is what all of the truggy companies copy.. i'm sure they know it best.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:36 PM
annie_himself

Yes I own a Mammoth and it is more truoble then it is worth. If you ever owned a better truck you can see the difference immediatly. I know about the RD Logics win but that was a VERY modified truck. Don't mislead people into thinking that it is a good out ofthe box truck...it is not. the gears do not hold up and XTM had a recsall on the center diff option. If you go to the Mammoth forum you will see all the complaints about the how fast the gears wear out. The hot Bodies, Ofna and Mayhem are supoior trucks out of the box.
I am nitroboy01 in those forums and I have 600 or more posts so I have been there when they released the OG. I have heard almost any complaints about the gears. The outlaw mammy that won that race was not highy modded. It had a shorted chassis and thats about it for the "special" mods. Get your facts straight.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:52 AM
thopper

I was at the race the Highly modified OG won. I saw it .....were you there? Go to Rcer nine site (the owner of the truck) and read about the mods. A whole new center diff made by Big air I beleive. The new center diff from Hobby people , after the failed first attempt SEEMS to be working. The chassis is very weak, again after market bracing was on the Mammoth that won the RD race. Many, many mods. You need to get you facts straight and then we can talk.

By the way Ultimate hobbies is sellin the Hot Bodies RTR for $379.00 will BLOW away the Mammoth st every time, stock.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:34 PM
mayhem272

well ive seen the xtm truggy in action and im impressed with it
very powerful even though it has a .247 size
but i have the mayhem BUGGY rtr and im very happy with it
the .26 is faster than the ravager engine
Old 01-02-2006, 08:25 PM
gsfreak

i think u should go with a mammoth st because it comes with everything u need to have a good solid race truck. I think it has a very good advantage over other truggys because of the size.

I hoped i helped you because im only a kid
Old 04-06-2006, 09:05 AM
keysteck
My Feedback: (11)

Okay, I wil put in my 2 cents about this topic. I have owened a Mayhem Buggy and I currently own a mammoth ST. If the Mayhem St is built around the mayhem buggy then I will tell you to get the Mayhen ST. the mammoth st is a nice looking truggy, and straight out of the box has alot of balls. But that about it, you will strip gears like there is not tomorrow. You will loose the pins in your knuckles with one soft jump. Also Hinge pins come off very easly. You will have to take all your screws out and locktite them as soon as you take it out of the box. It seems that when they built the mammoth they had a shortage of locktite because all of your screws will come loose. I know this is a big problem with alot of rtr. But this is a major problem with the mammoth. I striped 3 sets of gears on the mammoth and I havent striped not with my Mayhem. The acuall knuckles on the mammoth strip very easliy where the screws from the top and lower arms attach them selfs to the knuckels. Gears in the front and rear diffs strip easy too.

Again this is my 2 cents.

Hopefully when they bring out the mammoth st pro alot of the problems that they had with the mammoth st are fixed.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Philster

The Mayhem just comes with so much, it is hard to resist. Depends on use. But for having fun, and club racing, the Mayhem is sweet.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
annie_himself

I was at the race the Highly modified OG won. I saw it .....were you there? Go to Rcer nine site (the owner of the truck) and read about the mods. A whole new center diff made by Big air I beleive. The new center diff from Hobby people , after the failed first attempt SEEMS to be working. The chassis is very weak, again after market bracing was on the Mammoth that won the RD race. Many, many mods. You need to get you facts straight and then we can talk.

By the way Ultimate hobbies is sellin the Hot Bodies RTR for $379.00 will BLOW away the Mammoth st every time, stock.
I know who the owner is, I know the truck. Ok how is a Bigair diff "special" and its not even made by him. Dadders made that diff a long time ago. Ok, wow a chassis brace is needed; thats really modding the truck up.
The LSP? Stock. Ha.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] That is very offensive.[sm=punching.gif] Think about it, the 24.7 is a better motor we have a way better support system, the price is nearly the same, and every racer I know with a ST can whoop the CA off a LSP. And the LSP is modded way more than the LSP. [sm=drowning.gif] <-What the LSP racer do after they lose to some cheap darn near stock XTM truggy or any other of "our" cars.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:00 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

FLAMERS ahahahha I like my XTM yeah its got its weak points what truck doesnt seriously the only mod needed is a chassis brace mine needed more because I detonated my engine after flipping it in dirt mine was frankly a deal though (gotta love used) I have made mine lighter more durable and most of all faster (with a .26 no less) then a mayhem total cost in my truck is STILL less then a mayhem new. Take the 40 series wheels and tires off youll get even more tuneable truck since alot of tuning is in the tires... in the mayhems defense though if the XTM had spider diffs and a center diff I would be alot happier with it

and everyone complaining about chassis flex it doesnt help the chassis is like 3 inches longer then most chassis' so it will be more prone to flexing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.