Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Nova Or RB

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 02:38 AM
dubcast
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nova Or RB

I need a pullstart engine. I ordered an LST Pro-R.

I was wondering if you can have a pullstart on the Novarossi XRP .28. I was going to get one of those if you can make it pullstart, if not I was gonna go with a an RB728 Pullstart or the Novarossi XSP .28 Pullstart.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:30 AM
Black Flag Racing

Default RE: Nova Or RB

I assume you meant LSP Pro-R. The Novarossi 528XRP is the pullstart model but won't fit in that truck unless you change the chassis. The pullstart won't allow the engine to sit completely on the engine mount. Only a few engines with a pullstart will fit without having to change the chassis. Neither the RB or Novarossi will fit with a pullstart. For the Novarossi, you will need the 528XR and a starter box.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:58 AM
dubcast

Grr, I thought so, I'm just gonna give in and get a starter box [&o].
Old 12-08-2005, 04:40 AM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

WAIT!! The engine WILL FIT! It is really simple to do. I myself am running a Collari roto start (which i bump start anyways) in a converted Kanai truggy. The only thing you need is two small blocks of aluminum cut out about the same size as your engine mount blocks that bolt to the chassis. drill out the two holes (you don't have to thread them) and mount them in between the bottom of the engine block and the motor mounts. I only needed a 6MM thick about 1/2" wide and about 1-1/2" long (same size as the blocks) drilled my holes and it mounted right up.

I have had to be creative on this whole project. and have had to modify a ton of things to get them to perform the way i wanted them to do. If i can get my damn camera back from my sister , i'll take a few pics and post them up.

JEFFRO503
Old 12-08-2005, 07:04 AM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I had to shim up my engine blocks to get the RB 728 to fit in the SUT. Had to raise it 3mm due to the huge backplate RB use! When fitted tough it works fine and here are no gear mesh issues either.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
dubcast

So what would be the best pipe for a Novarossi .28 XRP? I haven't been able to find any Novarossi pipes at all. Just Jammin JP-1 pipes and RB pipes.

Edit - The LSP-R comes with a pipe and manifold, it looks ok but i'm not sure if it's any good or not...anyone have some feedback on it?
Old 12-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Black Flag Racing

I'm not sure but I think that the stock pipe is a copy of the 086 witch is a good pipe for that engine. Probably not as durable as the jammin JP serie pipe but would do well.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:35 PM
sikmamrcer661

jp2. the novarossi XR is the most powerful 28 on the market. It doesnt need the assistance of the jp1 because it has so much bottom end. The Jp2 allows the engine to breathe and reach higher rpms. I ran one in my LSP this year and it's power is unbelievable to the point where it becomes difficult to control. I had to tame the engine to deliver smooth power by going up on the clutch bell and limiting my throttle servo not to open fully to deliever a smooth power. It's the best motor hands down, but fuel consumption is average. I got 7 minutes with the smallest restrictor on the carb. That helped milage big time.

Once fully broken in, this engine will scream @ 200-210 degrees. There is no need to go any higher than that.

I tried the 86 ofna pipe. Make sure you use a 13 th clutchbell if you do. If you run a 14 th it will hit the pipe later rather than sooner. That was my experience. The Jp2 works best.......
Old 12-09-2005, 10:10 AM
dubcast

Went with the Novarossi XRP .28 and the Jammin JP-2. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
sikmamrcer661

Great choice. You wont be dissapointed. After your 4th gallon depending on how much you race etc. Replace the bearing. It's just preventive maintence that will make your motor last much longer.

Old 12-10-2005, 04:47 AM
MonkeyRC

Best pipe for a 528? Mugen 1005. Nuff said
Old 12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
sikmamrcer661

One good hit on that pipe and it's done/bent/......
Old 12-14-2005, 10:40 PM
dubcast

has anyone ordered from ebmods? I ordered my engine and last week and I havent got an e-mail or anything...and my account hasnt been charged. Looks like another 2 month wait for an engine like last time. [&o]