Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

TRUGGYS

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 05:07 PM
electrogoneglow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUGGYS

If you have a Truggy or are building one, I'd like to hear from you.

Also, being as "THE MAN" doesn't seem to want to make a Truggy forum or maybe is just slow in doing so, I figured that I'd just take it upon myself to post one in the general forum and see what happens.

Thanks, Jason.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:23 PM
pgp88se

Default RE: TRUGGYS

i have a hot bodies lightning stadium pro.i would like to see the truggy class take off.i think that it will in time.hpi has just released the new hellfire,so there are more coming out.the big thing is that they are being classified as monster trucks right now at most tracks.they handle way better though.i have a savage and a nitro mt racer.the lsp is so much easier and funner to drive.
i am thinking of upgrading my sons to either 1/8th scale buggies or a truggy,i would like to hear from others on the different tipes that are out there.mainly the hellfire if anyone has one yet and the mammoth st.
i run my lsp with hpi nubz tires,13-17 tooth cb,and a lrp z.28 spec 2 engine.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:58 PM
pdq 5oh

I have a Jammin truggy I just picked up. Hopefully I can get it put together soon. I'll be using JR digital servos. 320 oz steering and 128 oz throttle/brakes. Lipo battery to get enough run time. I'm putting the Force .28 motor out of my buggy in to start. Crime Fighter MT tires in the box look great. A Spektrum radio system will go in as well. This should be a really nice ruck when done.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
electrogoneglow

Thanks for the replies,

I started with an Ofna MBX Pro Comp, then got a set of hub extenders and a set of Truggy conversion off-set wheels with Losi Zombimax tires, this thing is super wide and is able to articulate a soda can.

I then installed a metal gear super torque steering servo, exchanged my center diff for a solid center kit and was able to keep my 51 tooth spur, but changed my clutch bell to a 12 tooth and upgraded to aluminum clutches.

that's it so far,

Jason.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
bigbademan

I have a Kyosho Kanai II converted to a Truggy using the JT racing kit. I run Wasp .26, a 62 tooth steel spur from a Monster Pirate and a 13 tooth clutch bell. I also have the Fioroni slider clutch (highly recommended), and I am running on Panther Python rubber.
The weather has been nasty here lately, so I haven't gotten much practice time in. I hope to run a few more times befor the snow comes. I have some pics of it on my gallery, check them out if you have a chance.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:33 AM
electrogoneglow

Thank's again for the replies..........but it seems for now that we 4 are the only ones who have had any experiance with truggys [sm=confused.gif]

Jason
Old 10-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

I have a mammoth st and can out last my bro lsp. The mammoth st is a strong a fast truck out of the box aswell.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
studysession

I am thinking of putting a hub extension on my electric Hyper 7 PBS. Trying to decide if I want a truck body on it or not thought. I just wanted it wider for stability for now.

I used to have a Habao Dominator which is a truggy. Loved it.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:10 PM
nitrobeast

Hey guys. I have a Ofna MBX Ultra Comp that i want to change into a truggy. Any help would be great.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
electrogoneglow

Like I Said........

ORIGINAL: electrogoneglow

Thanks for the replies,

I started with an Ofna MBX Pro Comp, then got a set of hub extenders and a set of Truggy conversion off-set wheels with Losi Zombimax tires, this thing is super wide and is able to articulate a soda can.

I then installed a metal gear super torque steering servo, exchanged my center diff for a solid center kit and was able to keep my 51 tooth spur, but changed my clutch bell to a 12 tooth and upgraded to aluminum clutches.

that's it so far,

Jason.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:40 PM
nitrobeast

I know what you said. I was looking for some more setups. Anybody else?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:05 AM
basspro

I picked up a Lightning Stadium a couple of months ago. So far have upgraded it with a Picco .27 and a few Kings Headz parts. This thing is so much funner than my xxx nt Drake 1.

We've got a couple guys around here that have the new CRT and LOVE them...one of them being an LSP guy. I've been wanting a Savage or MGT for a bashing rig to take camping but now I'm going to use the LSP for that as I've got a set of paddles all the way around. So i'm going to wait it out and see how the CRT's, Thunder Tiger's and Kyosho's purpose built truggy's stack up against one another.

Dave
Old 11-19-2005, 05:34 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

I have a TTR EB4 S3 and I am trying to decide if I should convert it to a truggy or maybe get the TTR ST-1. But if I get the ST-1 I am holding out for a kit for sure....
With there being a flat chassis out now for the EB4 S3 I am pretty sure I could make a good truggy out of it.

Also I am glad to see that many of the new truggys that are coming out have the 17mm hex. It should help with the aftermarket selection...
Old 11-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is mine. Its a GS SUT Pro. It has an RB TM 728 engine using a 13t clutch bell, Jammin JP- pipe, Futaba S9402 and S3305 servos, Ofna 1" offset dish rims and has 10k front, 30k middle and 5k rear for the diff oils.
I plan on upgrading the centre diff mount to a Fioroni two piece unit and have the Fioroni front and rear knuckles on their way to me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58603.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	357023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62155.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	357024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf95090.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	357025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37564.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	357026  
Old 11-19-2005, 08:31 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Anyone else on here got a Mayhem ST??? I love mine!!! Great Truck and Very Durable!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 09:39 PM
psunitro

I have a Ofna LX? series I turned into a true truggy. Raised center diff and t/b servo,extenders(17mmhex 30mm wide), bored out a 65t MP spur to work on the center diff. MP body posts. Silverado body, Dom wheels and Bowties.ere is a decent kit...cheaper than listed price too only problem it that it uses a center spool.

http://perfplusparts.netfirms.com/conkit.html

Old 11-19-2005, 10:28 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Mammoth ST.

rolland
Old 11-20-2005, 12:00 AM
brownstone101

ya sweet forum how good is a mammoth or would a t-maxx with a wing and sit lower be a better choice?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:24 AM
revo=fast

i would like to get my project rolling agin but am waiting for funds. right now i have a mayhem st roller. plan on getting a hyper 21 or an other quaility .21, set up a starter box and get some dace adapters so i can run wide maxx dish wheels and maxx crimefighters. and throw in a airtronics 359 and a 360. looking at mabye 500 to get it running.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:29 AM
pdq 5oh

ORIGINAL: brownstone101

ya sweet forum how good is a mammoth or would a t-maxx with a wing and sit lower be a better choice?
I think the Mammoth ST would make a better race truck. You can get a center diff option. Braking and cornering are much better with the center diff. The wheelbase is also longer on the ST. I got my Jammin CRT together. This thing is going to fly when I get it set up to suit my driving style. I'm playing with diff oils and chassis setups now. Jumping is so easy with the CRT.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:22 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

Guys... what size bodies are you useing on your buggy converted truggies? I have all the parts figured out for the wheels and stuff, but can not decide what size body to get. It seems that the Maxx size bodies I have are a bit too small and not wide enough for sure..
thanks
Old 11-26-2005, 02:10 PM
tthomp113

I have converted my ofna hyper 7 to a truggy. It is a a kinda hybrid. I have hitec 5945 servos for both steering and throttle, pcr chassis braces, front pivot ball, rear stand-up. Pro quad disc brakes, and a center diff from a ofna blazer sst. Diff oil is set at 50k center, 30k front, 10 rear. I used a rear shock tower and shocks for the front also. I am using kyosho 777 sp2 shock springs with 35 wt oil. Universals all the way around. The chassis is the long hyper 7 chassis, and pushed aling by a orion wasp .28 with a 053 pipe and xtm sliding clutch. Arms are stock for now, but I am planning on using mbx arms (just a bit longer) with the OFna offset wheels. Hope to have pics soon (dont have a camera yet)
Old 11-28-2005, 08:41 PM
planeferg
My Feedback: (2)

i have a mayhem st thats very fast and will jump and will out run most any thing
Old 12-01-2005, 12:13 AM
rscharp

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

I think the Mammoth ST would make a better race truck. You can get a center diff option. Braking and cornering are much better with the center diff. The wheelbase is also longer on the ST. I got my Jammin CRT together. This thing is going to fly when I get it set up to suit my driving style. I'm playing with diff oils and chassis setups now. Jumping is so easy with the CRT.
You realize the mammoth and mammoth st are both 2 speed and dont have a center diff right?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:35 PM
pdq 5oh

ORIGINAL: Nex2stupid

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

You realize the mammoth and mammoth st are both 2 speed and dont have a center diff right?
Center diff is an option. Most people serious about racing would get the optional center diff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.