Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Revo Truggy???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:40 PM
noximus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo Truggy???

ORIGINAL: rbs_rbs

This was one of my plans, but after i noticed how much it would cost me i bought a truggy instead.
The revo can be the fastest truck out there, but it will cost you allot. First you'll have to find a way to make the revo lighter. Vantage racing carbon fiber chasis etc etc... Buy the new proline velocity wheels (17mm) and crime fighter MT's or Bow Tie MT's. There is a company that makes carbon fiber turnbuckles etc for the revo, those will save a few grams also. Get the Hitec HS-5955 steering servo and a high speed servo for throttle/brake. Get a nice radio (spectrum DX3). there is also a wingmount that will fit on the revo (sorry dont know which one). As for the engine you wont be dissapointed with the OS .21 v-spec + vantage racing carbon fiber pipe (revo).
The 2 speed tranny will do the job. But if u want to be in the truggy class, buy the single speed. If i am correct. The total price will be around $1350 + $450 (for a stock revo) = $1800 (max) The car will way around 8lbs. and the other truggies will have no chance.
Good luck if you want to finish this project.

Rbs
or you can just buy the new Mugen MBX5T and be AT 8 pounds fully loaded and you would only have to pay 522 dollars i will be racing this thing this weekend, after some practice runs with my new mugen, i think it will murder the comp!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Bobby33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo Truggy???

go to truggyracers.com and look in forums under monster garage and you will see a truggy revo..