Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

To all Hellfire owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 01:35 PM
wmff82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all Hellfire owners

There is a few drivers here and there selling, dogging,and steering others away from the Hellfire.
Here real soon I am going to post my truggy with the latest and greatest hop up parts. Some are available and some are proto's that are not available.
A very very very reliable source has told me some things about this truck that has me not being able to sleep at night. There is some awesome things happening that is slowly comming down the pipe!
You are not even close to seeing the end result of the Hellfire. Their are things comming that turns this truck into a pure bred racer! Its still curently being tested and its still improving!

I say to all of those that have sold their hellfire...BAD MISTAKE!
To those wanting a Hellfire. Get ready to see true performance!
To those who have a Hellfire.. You will soon be engulfed by your fellow racers when you return to your pit after they see this thing carve the track like its on freaking rails!

Now I cant promise you when I can post all of the information. This is something Im working on with another company, but I will give as much info as allowed and will gladly share it with you guys.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:25 PM
xilix

Default RE: To all Hellfire owners

I always thought the Hellfire looked like a good option, but the price always made me snivvel a little bit. I can't see spending aprox. $600 on a truggy, then spending 100's more just to make it race ready. You could get an LSP and then throw the extra money into that and end up with a really nice setup. Don't get me wrong, the Hellfire is cool, I like it, I just think they should knock the price down to be more competitive with other truggies.

However I'm still interested to see what kind of hop-ups come out for it. Make sure you keep us posted.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:15 PM
wmff82

Absolutley with out a doubt the price should come down.
I understand your concern and its no fun to spend hundreds of extra dollars to get the truck to where its suppose to be already.
When the kit comes out. Those who purchase the kit wil benefit more so than those who purchased the rtr.

But this dont go with out saying that the parts that will be available soon will give it the edge it so desperatly needs.

Thanks
ORIGINAL: xilix

I always thought the Hellfire looked like a good option, but the price always made me snivvel a little bit. I can't see spending aprox. $600 on a truggy, then spending 100's more just to make it race ready. You could get an LSP and then throw the extra money into that and end up with a really nice setup. Don't get me wrong, the Hellfire is cool, I like it, I just think they should knock the price down to be more competitive with other truggies.

However I'm still interested to see what kind of hop-ups come out for it. Make sure you keep us posted.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:39 PM
rrrcustom

SO when is that 2 speed or even 3 speed conversion going to be available![>:]
Old 04-09-2006, 02:39 AM
cawyman

2 speed that is just stupid for racing. Bashing maybe but not racing. I just talked to one of the drivers for rock consepts and he said that are going to make some parts for it real soon. I will still beat them with my jammin.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:32 PM
rrrcustom

Even though I keep crashing it, I'd love for it to be even faster! I bought it just so I could bash around, and not worry about all the little rocks in the road like I have to with my RS4 Evo 3
Old 10-07-2006, 02:36 AM
sitfly36

hpi is top of the line, you want to save money then go to wal mart, they have rc there.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:10 AM
mattster72

not to start something but kyosho and mugen are more of the "top of the line"

not saying that hpi is bad put you just can't really compare the three
Old 10-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Kanza

Yes, Kyosho and Mugen have been the standard bearers for a while now. Their experience in multiple scales and types of competition cars is evident in their loyal following and the multiple championships they've garnered. By comparison, HPI is a young company that has only a few competition trophies under their belts. However, when given a clean computer screen, the HPI engineers have never failed to come up with new ideas and concepts that pay off on the track. The R40 was the ROAR champion for 2003 and 2004, and the Pro4 has been a mainstay of the electric touring car scene. Now Hotbodies has been folded into the mix with the Lightning Stadium and the belt version of the Pro4, the Cyclone (which is already winning races.) Also, keep in mind that long time HPI engineer Akira Kogawa laid the ground work for Kyosho's 8th scale buggy program by designing the Burns (which evolved into the Inferno.)

The Hellfire SS is an extremely well engineered truck, but it isn't for everyone. This was HPI's first stab at designing a race truck for a class that hadn't been finalized yet. You do have to stay on top of things when driving the truck since it's chassis is so rigid that there isn't much longitudinal flex. Plus, the Hellfire tunes a bit differently than the other designs. But HPI set out to design a race truck, not a "leisurely cruise through the park" truck. In this, I believe they have succeeded with the SS kit. HPI's only failings were in releasing the RTR before the kit, and not trying to support the truck at the national competition level. If they would address the latter issue, the Hellfire wouldn't receive some of the flack it gets.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. I could be wrong, or flamed
Old 10-07-2006, 03:22 PM
RushDL

SIG HEILFIRE! Bad To the Bone.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:29 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: Battle Axe

Yes, Kyosho and Mugen have been the standard bearers for a while now. Their experience in multiple scales and types of competition cars is evident in their loyal following and the multiple championships they've garnered. By comparison, HPI is a young company that has only a few competition trophies under their belts. However, when given a clean computer screen, the HPI engineers have never failed to come up with new ideas and concepts that pay off on the track. The R40 was the ROAR champion for 2003 and 2004, and the Pro4 has been a mainstay of the electric touring car scene. Now Hotbodies has been folded into the mix with the Lightning Stadium and the belt version of the Pro4, the Cyclone (which is already winning races.) Also, keep in mind that long time HPI engineer Akira Kogawa laid the ground work for Kyosho's 8th scale buggy program by designing the Burns (which evolved into the Inferno.)

The Hellfire SS is an extremely well engineered truck, but it isn't for everyone. This was HPI's first stab at designing a race truck for a class that hadn't been finalized yet. You do have to stay on top of things when driving the truck since it's chassis is so rigid that there isn't much longitudinal flex. Plus, the Hellfire tunes a bit differently than the other designs. But HPI set out to design a race truck, not a "leisurely cruise through the park" truck. In this, I believe they have succeeded with the SS kit. HPI's only failings were in releasing the RTR before the kit, and not trying to support the truck at the national competition level. If they would address the latter issue, the Hellfire wouldn't receive some of the flack it gets.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. I could be wrong, or flamed
on road and off road are two different ball games. HPI i believe has allot of catching up to do. i use to run HPI cars years ago, i use to run the HPI PRO 2, excellent on road car. wish i could say the same about the hellfire, i would like to run something HPI, but after seeing it, the STR and Mugen surpass that vehicle by far.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 PM
nitrotuel

What's an infomersial with no product?How long has it been now?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Kanza

I guess it does look like one. I just sat down to write my thoughts and that's what came out.
ORIGINAL: nitrotuel

What's an infomersial with no product?How long has it been now?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:26 PM
nitrotuel

Oh I was talkin about the origonally posted secretly tested super truck upgrades.What I want to know is why Atsushi Hara is driven a lsp and not a hellfire?
Old 10-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Kanza

Ah, my bad. Have a summer cold right now, the brain is only half there.

I have no idea what wmff82 was speaking about. He might have been referring to a number of things: the BCE Profire chassis, the Golden Horizons aluminum upgrade pieces, or the SS kit (which hadn't been released yet). Those are just random guesses.

From what I've seen, Hara is only actively sponsored by Hot Bodies. While he does have two signature models in HPI's line up, he seems to devote more of his time running the HB Cyclone.

HPI/HB are in an interesting situation in the truggy market. The LSP has a loyal following, yet it's getting long in the tooth, while the Hellfire is a newer design. It will be interesting to see what the combined company does.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
nitrotuel

Ya there have been alot of upgrades to the hellfire I just thought wmff82 might repost exactly what he was talkin about.About the HPI/HB thing,I guess the hellfire is not going to effect the development and promotion of the lsp or vice versa.It is an interesting situation.I like both truggy's btw and still am not sure which is more competetive.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Kanza

ORIGINAL: nitrotuel

I guess the hellfire is not going to effect the development and promotion of the lsp or vice versa.It is an interesting situation.I like both truggy's btw and still am not sure which is more competetive.
It's a hard call. With some minor dremel work and creative engineering, the LSP can still be competetive. Some are still going head to head against the Kyoshos and Mugens. The Hellfire SS on the other hand, hasn't been out long. I don't really think of the RTR and SS version of the truck as the same vehicle, since the SS has a much better structure due to the 7075 main chassis and stronger shock towers. The SS also has slightly offset rear wheel hexes to help increase steering among other things. For the first few weeks, I was just driving mine in stock form to get a feel for the truck rather than trying to tune it with the existing knowledge I had gained from other cars. I'm now beginning to understand what the SS wants and have begun to make some minor adjustments.

A. The truck is tough, nothing has broken yet.

B. My total verdict is still out on the handling, but so far, my only valid gripe is a slight lack of steering. With some time, this could be sorted out. I'm still nailing down the right shock oil weights and clutch setup for good in air and on ground performance.

Unfortunately, the real world keeps taking me away from R/C. []
Old 10-09-2006, 06:34 AM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

Me too, not going to start something here. But I used and sold my Hellfire RTR after 1 race day. It was a pain.

All I can say is the chassis design, composite material and steel material are not ready for racing nor bashing abuse. They wear and deform very quickly. Aluminum parts are fine. I don't know if there are any changes in material used in the SS version.

If there are parts to make it stronger, good news for owners. But If there are like 200 to 300 bucks for after market parts, it makes no sense to buy this truggy new.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 10-10-2006, 04:52 PM
camachu2001

hello guys first time here im a current owner of a hellfire wich i bought used i went from a nitro sport to a hellfire my nitro sport had all types of hop ups at this time im thinking of changing my hellfire even thought i love how the truggy rides but it has given me so many headache the pins on the diferential pins keep coming out and i get a grinding noise ill be lucky if i get 3 tanks out of it .
does anybodie know about a upgrade for the diff or whats the trick so the pins woudlnt come out please help ????????????????????
Old 10-10-2006, 04:58 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

So will it finally have a chance, or is it sill going to be a lackey against the others, and will they get the rediculous price down??