Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Kyosho ST-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:43 AM
james_t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho ST-R

If you want an ST-R for $690 shipped, use the discount code KYOSTR at checkout at Full Throttle Hobbies - www.fullthrottlehobbies.com. That's where I got mine.

James T
Old 04-16-2006, 04:50 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

No way don't do that. Go to www.ultimatehobbies.com they have the ST-R for 599.99. GREAT DEAL!!!

EDIT: PLUS FREE SHIPPING!!!

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p719.html
Old 04-17-2006, 02:16 AM
mauijed

Are these guys @ Ultimate for real? I just ordered one and have not received an notice of my order to my email address. signed, concerned
Old 04-17-2006, 07:55 AM
m0rris

they never send one
Old 04-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Haulin bass

If ultimate is advertising $600 on thier site they wont be selling kyosho for long LOL.(edit ) I see they are advertising MAP)
Just so everyone knows Kyosho and losi have a MAP priceing policy to promote equal buisness, many places will sell it to you cheaper but they must advertise the $760 price kyosho has set.That being said I payed a little over $530 for mine LOL
Old 04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
mistere1

Sorry dude but 530 is total BS
Old 04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
wide_open247

I got mine for 590 with no tax, i got it from i guy on team at his store, so i got a huge discount plus i didn't have to pay tax cuz i live in acanada and i bought it while i was in the states.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:20 PM
wide_open247

sorry- i meant to say "from a guy on team kyosho"
Old 04-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Haulin bass

not when theres an 1/8th scale buggy included with that lol
Old 04-18-2006, 05:24 AM
james_t

I have dealt with Ultimate Hobbies before and like m0rris said, they never ship anything. What good are lower than wholesale prices if it never ships?

James T
Old 04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Here, I'll make all you guys feel better, I paid 675.00 for mine, and no shipping....
Old 04-19-2006, 01:29 AM
DownStroke

ORIGINAL: wide_open247

I got mine for 590 with no tax, i got it from i guy on team at his store, so i got a huge discount plus i didn't have to pay tax cuz i live in acanada and i bought it while i was in the states.
Where do you race?! I could have used a deal like that. I'm sure it wouldn't be as lucrative if it had to be shipped to Cali, but that sounds like a killer deal.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM
crazysavage

OK...Hows the truck, how much tuning from factory are you guys doing to set it up for your tracks?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:48 PM
ringneck

well mine will be here friday but i drove my buddies last weekend and he has the box stock set up on it and i must say its a sweet ride. the only thing we changed on it is front and rear camber we did -1 up front and -2 in the rear. ive driven both the ttr st1 and now this truck and the 2 are very close with each other on how they drive they both have about the same wheel base and the shorter wheel base suits my driving style. oh and it seems very durable i managed to cart wheel it down the back strait and it survived. the only grips i have about it are, the price tag, wood style phillips screws and e clips. i upgraded both of those items and the total bill was 750.00 thats kinda pricey for just a kit but man the parts fit and finish is awsome the shock towers are thick 5mm and well machined same with the chassis its machined and lightend and pretty stiff it has alittle flex to it. and all the turnbuckles and steering rods are titanium nitrade and hardend. but as far as handling it turns great the brakes are way touchy and it jumps great and responds great in the air. it really feels more like a buggy to me when i drive it and thats what i like. the only thing that worries me as a potential weak point is the outer steering rod ends they are hocky stick shaped just like the ttr st1 rod ends and the st1 guys have had a hard time with those but track time will tell.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Haulin bass

Im building Mine right now, what roscoe says about the fit and finish is true, absolutly fantastic.Im fine with Eclips, a little shoe goo and there bulletproof, the phylips wood screws bothered me so I like most replaced them with machine thread screws.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:53 AM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

i ordered my FT T4 from ultimate hobbies I got it in a week.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:57 AM
m0rris

they send you the truck just never an email conformation. I have ordered 3 rc's from them and I have yet to have a problem.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

oh ok my bad lol
Old 04-20-2006, 04:10 PM
wyumez

Bought my first truck there(savage 25) and theys shipped it..

The only thing I didn't like is no tracking number. You have to call them O.o
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

I received mine the other day and would have to say, I'm less than impressed with it. I'm still in the build process and I'm pretty dissappointed in its "Archaic" design. What I mean comparing it to my Hellfire, the diffs are going to be a pain in the arse to get to and maintain. Why didn't they change this. So many other manufacturer's are making their truggys/buggys more maintenance friendly.

I also have the same complaint regarding the screws. They're Phillips screws. Please, for the price of this thing....

And I also agree regarding the "E" clips. Everyone is moving to captured pins. Again, for the price.....

No tires!?!?! Yeah, sure I'm going to change out crappy tires everytime, but if Jammin can include Pro-lines why can't Kyosho.

I'm hoping to be done with the build tomorrow and have it on the track by the weekend. This thing better drive GREAT. My LSP-R and my Hellfire both drive very well with the LSP amazingly well balanced in the air requiring very little mid-air adjustment.

IMO, this truggy should be more closely priced in the low 500s....

ORIGINAL: roscoe71

well mine will be here friday but i drove my buddies last weekend and he has the box stock set up on it and i must say its a sweet ride. the only thing we changed on it is front and rear camber we did -1 up front and -2 in the rear. ive driven both the ttr st1 and now this truck and the 2 are very close with each other on how they drive they both have about the same wheel base and the shorter wheel base suits my driving style. oh and it seems very durable i managed to cart wheel it down the back strait and it survived. the only grips i have about it are, the price tag, wood style phillips screws and e clips. i upgraded both of those items and the total bill was 750.00 thats kinda pricey for just a kit but man the parts fit and finish is awsome the shock towers are thick 5mm and well machined same with the chassis its machined and lightend and pretty stiff it has alittle flex to it. and all the turnbuckles and steering rods are titanium nitrade and hardend. but as far as handling it turns great the brakes are way touchy and it jumps great and responds great in the air. it really feels more like a buggy to me when i drive it and thats what i like. the only thing that worries me as a potential weak point is the outer steering rod ends they are hocky stick shaped just like the ttr st1 rod ends and the st1 guys have had a hard time with those but track time will tell.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:20 AM
wide_open247

I live in Canada, but i bought my truck in Washington, it was at Peel it raceway. I can't remember what city but it is really nice track. Mike is the guy that owns the place, he is the one that gave me the deal.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:48 AM
noximus

IMO, this truggy should be more closely priced in the low 500s....
give it a couple of more months, when it first came out..it was 700 dollars..2 months later, you can find some for 630 dollars..and now from above, they are selling it for 590..

Old 04-25-2006, 09:20 AM
DownStroke

I know what my LHS pays for these trucks - be happy there are dealers that are dumb enough to sell them for no profit. You better buy them now while they're still in business.

Alpha, the difference is all stuff that you can't see. The metals, plastics and overall quality of this truck is superior to anything I've owned, which includes the CRT, LSP and the Hellfire. The CRT runs well but shows more wear in one gallon of fuel than I've seen in 12 to 15 gallons on my Kyosho SP2 (mostly the same drivetrain components as the ST-R). It's obvious to me how they can sell if for less - they use cheap materials. The cost of the replacement parts is also higher than Kyosho. The LSP is a decent truck that holds up better than the CRT, but still not as good as the Kyosho. I don't think the suspension geometry is quite right on the LSP because I've tried everything to get the truck to turn quicker lap times and it's just not there. Like the CRT, it copies a lot of the critical drivetrain and chassis parts of the Kyosho 7.5 so it's easy to see where they saved development costs to keep the price down. The Hellfire is a fun bashing truck and I've raced it a couple times but I keep snapping suspension arms and there are no replacements available. It's sidelined waiting for new arms. So far I'm happy with the ST-R. I did add a set of milled hubs but otherwise the truck is stock. I'm faster with it than any other truck and it appears to have the durability of the SP2. That justifies the price in my book. Just my .02.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:17 PM
wide_open247

My ST-R is great, i don't mind the wood screws or the e-clips. If you want to change them thats your choice, but don't hate the truck for it.

The reason why Kyosho uses wood screws and e-clips is because e-clips are fast in the pits and you can install a wood screw in half the rotations. This all saves a little bit of time in the pits during races.

Once you drive the ST-R you forget about the price, the feel of the truck and the durability makes up for it. Any Kyosho product has excellent strength, i broke my SP1 for the first time in the 2 years i have owned a few days ago. I bent the top of my front shock tower, other then that I have never had any problems with any Kyosho car.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:45 AM
Haulin bass

How many of us In AB will be running the ST-R?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.