Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

lsp-r arr vs. jammin x1crt

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

lsp-r arr vs. jammin x1crt

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 05:51 PM
m0rris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsp-r arr vs. jammin x1crt

how well does the lsp-r (the kit with bo engine or radio equipment) compete with the jammin?? Which one do you think i should get?
Old 04-18-2006, 05:52 PM
m0rris

Default RE: lsp-r arr vs. jammin x1crt

If i get the lsp i can get it within 2 weeks, and start racing if i get the jammin it will be close to a moth maybe longer
Old 04-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Dnell

I'm speaking from having them both.

Arguably the CRT is the slightly better truck, 'arguably', but the LSP Pro-R adressed the grips of the LSP plus you get a chance to put in you favorite radio gear, engine and pipe. On the track, depending on your skilz there's little seperating the two. The CRT is lighter and steers quicker and tighter but the steering can be addressed and the Pro-R is more rugged.

If you need to get to the track in a hurry get the Pro-R. If you want the enjoyment of building your kit get the CRT, they're both that good. Don't discount the Thundertiger truggy, it's had some favorable right ups in recent months as well as the Kyosho. From what I've seen at the track so far, there's very little seperating all of them in 'overall' performance.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:29 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: m0rris

how well does the lsp-r (the kit with bo engine or radio equipment) compete with the jammin?? Which one do you think i should get?
Look at the June issue of RC Car Action and see the write up on the CRT ready to run. The Lsp can be made to steer much better with some minor mods but everybody I know who has got an Lsp this year have dumped it for a CRT or Kyosho st-r and they have all liked their decisions. Just remember that all ready to runs will need investments of more money than a kit will to make them durable and responsive enough to race all season.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:13 PM
m0rris

umm its not a rtr... you pick your own engine and radio gear.......it come with carbon fiber radio tray and spur gear plate protector thing, aluminum a-arms, aluminum hexes, aluminum shock towers, alum pivot blocks, alum steering knuckles, and come ok tires till i get crime fighters.
look at these pics on the site of it.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4140
Old 04-18-2006, 10:15 PM
m0rris

Also I wont be racing all the time just every other weekend or so. mostly racing at me and my bros track we made. I will be racing him and another friend
Old 04-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Dnell

From what you just said I'd recommend the Pro-R and get yourself a mid-range big block like the new Axial .28, STS.28 or something in that price point. You can't go wrong this way and I can assure you 'big fun'
Old 04-18-2006, 10:53 PM
m0rris

yeah im pretty sure im goin with the lsp. I have a picco .27 just to hold me off so i can get a os 21 vspec or a rossi +21-5
Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 AM
noximus

ORIGINAL: crazysavage

Look at the June issue of RC Car Action and see the write up on the CRT ready to run. The Lsp can be made to steer much better with some minor mods but everybody I know who has got an Lsp this year have dumped it for a CRT or Kyosho st-r and they have all liked their decisions. Just remember that all ready to runs will need investments of more money than a kit will to make them durable and responsive enough to race all season.
i hope you do know RC driver also did a review of the (team losi) LST2..and they boasted how great that 13 lb truck is...LMAO

for every time i see or believe a review in some "paid" article i giggle..

i for one have yet to dump my LSP for a CRT..there is NOT a big difference to where it would enhance my driving abilities..in fact, there are some things i DONT like about the CRT...as i am sure, lots of people can say the same about the LSP-R..

if its a deciding factor between the two kits, it comes down to which kit your local hobby shop supports, ie parts and so on. you wont be dissappointed in a LSP-R and you wont be dissappointed in a CRT..i have beaten CRT's with my LSP-R..and i am sure, if you would have givin that driver a LSP-R, i would still beat him..

magazines/articles/advertisements...they have info..but just remember, they get PAID to advertise that particular product. its great to get info on a kit..but to hear about somebody's reviews..i got a salt shaker i can lend you if you want...LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 03:50 AM
Dnell

magazines/articles/advertisements...they have info..but just remember, they get PAID to advertise that particular product. its great to get info on a kit..but to hear about somebody's reviews..i got a salt shaker i can lend you if you want...LOL
I don't believe magazines are getting paid by manufactuers to say good things about their products. The mags make their real money from advertising space and I'd say RC Driver and Xtreme RC Cars are probably the most consistent in just reporting what they find. There usually not too harsh when something is rubbish. The mags and the manufactuers need each other, after all how would a company like Losi keep use the consumers up to date with their products. A few years back, some of us started sending the mags links to what was being said about them on the forums and sinse then I've seen a change and I subscribe to every one. If you are a Real Enthusiast and want to learn more and be on top of what's happening in the hobby, you should be trying to read through some of the RC publications, especially if you're new. I get the mags and still cut out the 'How To' sections are other articles for reference.....

I use to sell the advertising space and this is how it usually works, The mags ask for products from the manufacturers just like in automobile mags. If the manufacturer wants us the consumer to know about their stuff, they send it for a review. There was a time years ago when you could tell who was hyping and who wasn't and now a days the mags know we scrutinize what they report. Plus there's the internet and forums. Remember the mags get a truck for a few weeks or a month a few get given selected products like Skinny who ran the LSP R last season and reported on the upgrades he did and blagging free stuff to do his hop-ups.

Aside from that their are what 4 major mags in the states now that RC Car Action swallowed RC Nitro. We've got 3 major mags in the UK then theres the rest of Europe and Asia. I don't believe the manufacturers are paying all of these guys to say pretty much the same thing about their products. The margins in the Hobby are too tight. It's the reason you usually only see one maybe 2 Team drivers and they don't compete at every big event. There simply not that much cash floating around the hobby and the manufacturers can't afford it.

If we the consumer think a mag is writing rubbish, it's to the benefit of the hobby to let them know we think they're perpetrating a fraud on behalf of the industry. (I think that's how we put it a few years back). I've been a mad consumer in the hobby and based many of my purchases on what I've read, I think it's a conspiracy to think the manufacturers are that powerful, and I have to say, all of my trucks, buggys, engines, servos, radio and fuel have lived up to my expecations.

It all goes wrong when people watch a XX Main video or something else extreme and think they can go bashing and run into stuff without breaking things, as well as people coming into the hobby with other unrealistic expectation.

Unfortunately we will not learn everything we need to know from the forum threads and there's quite a bit of mis-information floating aboat them. We 'The Forum' are great sources of info but there is still more out there and I would advocate disregarding what we might read in a mag, nor believing all of it either. It's about making a judgment based on all the information you can find. It's called 'an informed decision'.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:20 AM
crazysavage

I can vouch for the ready to run CRT, I've posted about how race ready it is. But I agree with you Morris and Dnell, if you are not racing it full time, the LSP will be the best bet for you.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:37 AM
m0rris

seems like the lsp-r is a good truck compared to the jammin. I do know the jammin will be a lil better. Thats really not what matters though. Its mostly about the driver. i tihnk my bro and I are about equal. Neither of us have ever driven a truggy. He is about mid way through building his jammin. I think if i practice enough and get used to the lsp i can beat him. I have an advantage he has to work and i dont cause I'm 14. I still have a week and a half to think about it though. Im leaning more towards the lsp. If i get it i can have a lil extra money to get started on buying me a good rossi or os. I would still like to here some of your opinions though.
thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 PM
noximus

Unfortunately we will not learn everything we need to know from the forum threads and there's quite a bit of mis-information floating aboat them. We 'The Forum' are great sources of info but there is still more out there and I would advocate disregarding what we might read in a mag, nor believing all of it either. It's about making a judgment based on all the information you can find. It's called 'an informed decision'.
im not saying they dont have SOME good info..but just by reading articles on my own...you dont need to be a rocket scientest to figure out whats BS and whats not..

and im sorry..the CRT rtr is NOT as good as the LSP-R..far from it..lol

the KIT yea it has some things that i wish the LSP-R has..but again..nothing that i think would enhance my level of driving..in fact i do know of a pro driver that felt the same..the ONLY reason why such driver changed over is simply because in his area, parts for the LSP is not as easy to obtain as for kyosho parts..and guess what...in my area, parts for the LSP are very easy to obtain..and OFNA parts are very expensive in our area, and kyosho parts are just not easy to find and if we do find some parts..it takes a year to get them..

so why should anybody buy a CRT in my area? unless they have money out the ying yang..then maybe it can be justifiable..besides that..i dont see it.

now for him..it might be the total opposite..so to say, since he is just basicly racing in some back yard track, its justifiable to race with some LSP-R...ya no...he might not be able to buy parts for the LSP in his area..so he might need to get the CRT over the LSP-R

now with your logic..i should have lost to every single CRT i have raced against...

but i do say you are right by saying forums have some good info...but you will have bias individuals who basicly buys a kit on an annual basis and preech how you will need to buy the new up and comer to win a race (CRT/STR)...whcih is totally bogus.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:40 PM
m0rris

My local hobby shop doesnt have crt parts but it does have lsp parts. If i got the lsp is there any chassis braces i will need to get??? And will a picco .27 fit right on the motor mounts?? I am gettin an os.21 v spec soon im just usin the picco till i get the money for it.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:08 PM
crazysavage

My local hobby shop doesnt have crt parts but it does have lsp parts. If i got the lsp is there any chassis braces i will need to get??? And will a picco .27 fit right on the motor mounts?? I am gettin an os.21 v spec soon im just usin the picco till i get the money for it.
The LSP has tons of cool upgrades from Kingheadz and others and it's a shame that people cant give their opinion with out judging others. In my area, there does not exist an LSP that can hang with my CRT and seven others and after drving an LSP for 2 races, I could only get with in .94 sec of my CRT. After half an hour, that adds up to big lead. the people who have LSP's are dumping them. Some people get attached to brands just like the Ford Chevy Dodge BS that goes on. But the LSP is a very nice truck and it's strong as hell. You will enjoy it and if you are a rough driver, it's much heavier than most truggies, so you can punt CRT's off the track as they pass.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:52 PM
noximus

The LSP has tons of cool upgrades from Kingheadz and others and it's a shame that people cant give their opinion with out judging others. In my area, there does not exist an LSP that can hang with my CRT and seven others and after drving an LSP for 2 races, I could only get with in .94 sec of my CRT. After half an hour, that adds up to big lead. the people who have LSP's are dumping them. Some people get attached to brands just like the Ford Chevy Dodge BS that goes on. But the LSP is a very nice truck and it's strong as hell. You will enjoy it and if you are a rough driver, it's much heavier than most truggies, so you can punt CRT's off the track as they pass.
you are right..it does suck when somebody post their opinion about a specific kit and cant do so without somebody saying something negative..there is that old saying, everybody has an opinion, just like how everybody has an A**hole.

with that said, i dont punt other kits off the track, in fact, if or when something like that happens, i politely WAIT for him or her to catch up and then i proceed on..im sorry, i dont bash around a track..

there are 8 guys at the track who currently have CRT's, one of them i know quite well..i will drive his kit and compare my run times with the CRT against my LSP.. his set up is pretty simular to mine, so it should be a fair assesment.

i will put it like this though..at the last race, 3 drivers broke the tracks all time record, the track record was 30.8..i pulled a 29.8, another LSP_R owner pulled a 30.3, the other driver who is a CRT owner pulled 30.6 lap time.

IF the LSP is sooooo out classed by the CRT, do you honestly think these times could be achieved? and yes you are right..not every area will have the same results...mainly because you will have the crowd follow who ever is winning out in that area..its natural to do so..

and maybe its your driving style that suites that particular kit..or maybe its your mental bearing to where you are in your game when you buy something new..i dont know, and i WONT know without seeing you drive in person..you cannot judge how one person drives over some forum..so you cannot say one kit will benefit anyone just by asking where or what they will be racing on..

and you are right..it is like the old chevy vs ford thing..and i personally think its rediculouse, considering nobody gets paid to advertise such kits...most pro racers only get discounts on the particular product they use..so i really dont see the point..ESPECIALLY if they havent won a race with that particular kit.

again..just because people in YOUR area are dumping LSP's for CRT's...that does NOT mean its the same every where else in the world.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:59 PM
noximus

congrats on your decision...and honestly in most of the places i have been to, i have experienced the same thing..

if you get the LSP-R..you wont need any chassis braces...the 7075 chassis will work just fine. in fact i wouldnt look into upgrading anything until you have taken your kit around the track a couple of times.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:07 PM
crazysavage

Noximus, I was not trying to imply that you punt people. I was not talking to you, I was talking to someone interested in buying an LSP and I favor the LSP for that person's needs as he explained it. I made a joke based on the fact that an LSP will smack down any truggy in an impact and or crash based on the fact it's heavy and laden with tough aluminum. And no...I was not making fun of the truck's weight, weight is not always a bad thing. But there is one fact I know...The LSP as we know it is a dead dinosaur and the Kyosho will help the CRT kill it. It will be completely revamped by hot bodies and the cycle will start all over...wake up!!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 03:29 PM
m0rris

Still no one has answered this question. If i get a decent setup and im a better driver than my bro could i beat his jammin?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
crazysavage

Still no one has answered this question. If i get a decent setup and im a better driver than my bro could i beat his jammin?
Yes
Old 04-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Dnell

If i got the lsp is there any chassis braces i will need to get???
If you get the Pro R, it has all of the upgrades, 7075 chassis, alloy suspension hangers..... Get a good engine and decent radio gear and you're set.

i get a decent setup and im a better driver than my bro could i beat his jammin?

You answered your own question there. You can have all the hottest this and that but if you can't drive, it'll all be for nothing.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:27 PM
noximus

Noximus, I was not trying to imply that you punt people. I was not talking to you, I was talking to someone interested in buying an LSP and I favor the LSP for that person's needs as he explained it. I made a joke based on the fact that an LSP will smack down any truggy in an impact and or crash based on the fact it's heavy and laden with tough aluminum. And no...I was not making fun of the truck's weight, weight is not always a bad thing. But there is one fact I know...The LSP as we know it is a dead dinosaur and the Kyosho will help the CRT kill it. It will be completely revamped by hot bodies and the cycle will start all over...wake up!!!!
wake up to what? i havent lost to one yet..and i am sure you put a good driver behind the wheel..i will get beat regardless what kit i will have.

and yes..the LSP is 3 years old..but not old enough to where it is completely out dated..just because some people chase after the flavor of the month..that doesnt mean every body else has to just to keep up with anybody on a track.

if i lose support of my LSP..such as parts and so on..thats when i will move on..and i am sure, at that point in time, your new CRT will be outdated as well..and i know its an endless cycle..a new kit comes out every year..and if "I" was a sponsored driver, yes you will see me with a new kit at just about every race..as i should..as thats what i would be getting my discounts for and thats how i would have had to get paid...they dont get paid to race with the same old kit every year..they get paid to race with whats new..

but wait..i guess since the new CRT is sooo fast..i should have gotten beat so badly...LOL oh wait i forgot..if it isnt happening in YOUR area..it doesnt count..

it would make more sense to say.."in my area a CRT is more popular" as for my area "LSP seems to be more popular in my area"

but regardless, you have your train of thought, and i got my own..i am doing just fine, and obviously you are doing just fine as well..so i wont knock your hustle. cant teach an old dog new tricks..so this will be an endless convo for sure.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:43 PM
crazysavage

What I am trying to tell you is Hot Bodies has a New Wave LSP with some major inovations in the works. These inovations are going to be in kit form so they can be added to existing LSP's and they will involve steering throw, wheel travel, and a major weight savings and it is supposed to be quite affordable. But then again, all the setups people have developed will have to be reworked from scratch and that takes time. I have 15 true hours of testing my CRT to get it to handle to my driving style and I am certain that if I put that kind of time into an LSP I would be turning identical lap times as my CRT. I just like to razz LSP guys because they get so emotional, Sorry.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:52 AM
noximus

What I am trying to tell you is Hot Bodies has a New Wave LSP with some major inovations in the works. These inovations are going to be in kit form so they can be added to existing LSP's and they will involve steering throw, wheel travel, and a major weight savings and it is supposed to be quite affordable. But then again, all the setups people have developed will have to be reworked from scratch and that takes time. I have 15 true hours of testing my CRT to get it to handle to my driving style and I am certain that if I put that kind of time into an LSP I would be turning identical lap times as my CRT. I just like to razz LSP guys because they get so emotional, Sorry.
LMAO..thats great dude..i dont get emotional..i just like to razz up the CRT owners as well..its good times at the track when you can walk by and say, "dont let some outdated kit pass you up"...

its all good fun..and like i said, i will be driving a CRT this weekend, in fact the owner wants me to..he honestly thinks my performance will be that much greater..but i cannot see myself getting much of anything just on one day of driving..i would honestly need to tune the kit to my likings and have a couple of run times to get use to the kit..

as far as weight savings..my LSP weighs 8.8 lbs on a spring scale..i just weighed my kit, engine, tires, electronics..everything minus fuel..and it weighed 8.8 lbs..to me, thats light for a truggy..i do know the new STR is lighter..but not by much. i dont know how much a CRT weighs..but i cant imagine it to be that much different...i highly doubt the kit is 7 pounds. but with these motors we have in our kits..i dont think weight matters much when it differs by ounces. so for this new kit to weigh lighter..isnt something that would catch my eye...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:56 AM
m0rris

so are you saying they are coming out with a new lsp thats better than the one now?? If so is it coming out soon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.