Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Old 12-30-2011, 07:25 AM
kawpow321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

check out my 64 dollar score
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54260.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	1706847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49619.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1706848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hn25211.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1706849  
Old 12-30-2011, 07:26 AM
KeithjV

Thats a great find. If there are any parts youre not going to use PM me.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:26 AM
kawpow321

im going to order a set today its crazy there even cheaper at tower than the stock ones
Old 12-30-2011, 07:28 AM
kawpow321

is there something that you need? ill hook you up cheap if i dont need it i mainly bought it for the carbon fiber cause i wanted the black and couldnt find anyone who stocked it only red n silver
Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 AM
KeithjV

Was looking at the CF too. Fortunately the truck is a tank so not much breaks. Let me know what you arent going to use, I might be interested in some spares
Old 12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
DS

ORIGINAL: KeithjV

It looks good. Can you take some pictures of the body mounts and how you did the rear of the body?
No problem guys, if you mount it this way, it will do what the body is designed to do (notice how it sits lower & providing more airflow, Instead of being pushed up) The front posts are fairly easy, you can keep them stock if you don't use big bores. If you use big bores mount them on the back side of the shock tower by flipping the posts. They will bolt up in the same holes. For the back I used one screw and put them in the outer hole in the shock tower, my rear posts are custom but I'd advise using these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Body-Posts-XT8 The body is a RC8T Bulldog body and fits excellent [>:] The shocks are for a Hyper Star, 17mm Big Bores, and just playing with the truck on the ground it feels alot better from stock. You could use Jammin's instead. Shocks fit really great and are actually for buggy, loose just a tiny bit of travel on the upper most hole and this is why I mounted them on the lower outer most hole (fronts only). Have to dremel the arm a little so the bigger shock balls fit inside. Other then that... Great! 40F & 45R 10/10/3 in diffs. P.S I may take the front bumper off, kinda heavy or bad idea?

Old 12-30-2011, 06:02 PM
kawpow321

looks good im deff gona do something of the same idea but about the bumper mine saved my rig quit a few times but for strictly racing and you avoid hitting hard nose first i think youll be fine shocks are awesome you think the new jammin 2s will work then what happened to your rear carbon shock tower
Old 12-30-2011, 07:24 PM
DS

ORIGINAL: kawpow321

looks good im deff gona do something of the same idea but about the bumper mine saved my rig quit a few times but for strictly racing and you avoid hitting hard nose first i think youll be fine shocks are awesome you think the new jammin 2s will work then what happened to your rear carbon shock tower
Yea Jammin Big Bores would be perfect and they are far cheapier then the Hobao's. Jammins work on a variety of cars. Not sure on the bumper, figure it out tomm. For the carbon towers, the shock holes snapped, idk if I should say the carbon is cheap...or not lol.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:00 AM
kawpow321

hows the sts leopard working out for you is it a good running engine for you was looking into a .21 for racing havent decided what brand yet was leaning towards a Clocked Argus A52 and was looking at those hoboa 17mm shocks n WOW there nice but like you said a little pricey do you no if the jammin 2s are 17mm
Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 AM
DS

hows the sts leopard working out for you is it a good running engine for you was looking into a .21 for racing havent decided what brand yet was leaning towards a Clocked Argus A52 and was looking at those hoboa 17mm shocks n WOW there nice but like you said a little pricey do you no if the jammin 2s are 17mm
The Jammin's are 16mm you will be just fine, I don't think the 1mm diameter is big enough to notice! Go with the Jammin's bud. For the STS the real test is tomm, I will keep you updated...PM me But the Clocked Argus, will be an awesome engine as-well, Niel does great stuff
Old 12-31-2011, 03:53 PM
DS

Car is on a mission, when I tested it today. Deff. get the shocks, absorbs much much more and handles ruts and rough sections very well. Doesn't bottom out for me either....
Old 12-31-2011, 04:12 PM
kawpow321

thanks DS good luck tomorow please PM me as soon as you get home from the race n let me no how your rig held up make all of us ST1 guys proud if you could have a buddy or girlfriend/wife snap some in action pics that would be cool
Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 AM
kawpow321

does anyone no if rc8t hubs and wheelnuts work on the st1 i noticed they come stock with extended hubs would like to buy them for the reason i wouldnt have to run 1/2 offset wheels then just wanted to see if anyone else has tried it also like the anodized blue color to match my lrp engine also do any of you guys no the stock size of st1 shocks are they 15mm or 16mm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99522.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1708065  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:26 PM
jwgillespie

i need help
i am a beginner in the rc department
and am finding my thunder tiger st-1 hard to start and when i do get it started it cuts out close to full throttle
after about a minute of slower movement around the road
i have got the idle speed pretty much right i just need help with the other parts
if you can help
please do
Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 PM
KeithjV

Is the engine brand new? What break in procedure did you use?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:12 PM
jwgillespie

yes the car is pretty much brand new
i got it for chistmas
and i just putted around for about half the first fuel tank
then it said to do some straight full throttle runs
and so i did
it worked fine for the first day
and the second
then the glow plug went
and a pull starter a couple of days after that
aswell as resonably hard to start

Is this just the breaking in process or should i get it checked?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:46 PM
kawpow321

well ds how did those new legs (17mm big bores) hold up on the track im ready to buy some just waiting to hear from you just for giggles totalled up those parts i got the other day and retail it was like 860.00 the only thing that bummed me out was dude opened the diffs both center and fr or rr and robbed the outdrives wich i dont understand cause he had a brand new unopened pack of fr outs in there IDK so im good there i just need the center outdrives so i can build multiple diffs with different oils so alls i have to do is drop em in
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
KeithjV

Half a tank is nowhere near enough break in. Google Heat Cycle Method and use that. Ive found it works the best
The stock engine has extremely tight pinch which makes it hard to start and easy to break the pull start. Try using a heat gun to warm the engine before you try to start it. It will make it a lot easier. During break in you may go through a glow plug or two.
If the engine is cutting out a full throttle you need to adjust the high speed needle.
If this is your first nitro engine do some googlng and read as much as you can. It will pay off in the long run.
ORIGINAL: jwgillespie

yes the car is pretty much brand new
i got it for chistmas
and i just putted around for about half the first fuel tank
then it said to do some straight full throttle runs
and so i did
it worked fine for the first day
and the second
then the glow plug went
and a pull starter a couple of days after that
aswell as resonably hard to start

Is this just the breaking in process or should i get it checked?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:30 PM
xerxes

was ther evr a 46t st1 spur releasd dat wasnt part of a 2speed unit? cant find 1 [&o]
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM
KeithjV

Not sure. I have a 2 speed with a cracked OWB if you are interested
Old 01-06-2012, 12:56 AM
DS

does anyone no if rc8t hubs and wheelnuts work on the st1 i noticed they come stock with extended hubs would like to buy them for the reason i wouldnt have to run 1/2 offset wheels then just wanted to see if anyone else has tried it also like the anodized blue color to match my lrp engine also do any of you guys no the stock size of st1 shocks are they 15mm or 16mm
Run the extended hubs, I think AE will work (I heard) but I'm sure mugen mbx5t ones will fit. Give the truck a wider stance making it more stable and you can run 0* offset.

As for my Race, it was a let down. Radio issues ruined my day, never made the mains or qualy, just practice. The truck though during practice was perfect and did not make one change. Went through the rough great and did not get upset on big jumps at all, It has a very well felt planted feeling to it and responsive. Rear end would not break loose. I had not one break, except a drive shaft falling out, just had to tighten down the screw. The shocks also provided rebound, something I could not achieve with the stock shocks. I say if your racing get the hubs and shocks. Truck is tough and for an old age truck it performed great and could not ask for more, wish TTR would update it..
Old 01-06-2012, 12:59 AM
DS

well ds how did those new legs (17mm big bores) hold up on the track im ready to buy some just waiting to hear from you just for giggles totalled up those parts i got the other day and retail it was like 860.00 the only thing that bummed me out was dude opened the diffs both center and fr or rr and robbed the outdrives wich i dont understand cause he had a brand new unopened pack of fr outs in there IDK so im good there i just need the center outdrives so i can build multiple diffs with different oils so alls i have to do is drop em in
Thats, a bummer, I would contact him.. I forgot to say the shocks also gave me a little more droop.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 AM
xerxes

owb?[&:]
Old 01-06-2012, 07:46 AM
KeithjV

one way bearing in the two speed. My engine had a little too much torque for it and it cracked.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
kawpow321

so whens your next race DS did you get your gear fixed up??? im stuck inbetween the shocks like you got with all the extras for 90.00 or i did some research and it turns out that the ofna lx2 16mm shocks are the same as the jammin 2s and i can get em for about 60.00 shipped so im still deciding what to do but from the input you gave me and you ve already mounted and tested them i might just go with the hyper 9 17mm im just so tired of my suspension letting me down like you said no rebound bottaming out etc...so if anyone is intereted i got 2 sets of front and a set of rear shocks brand new in packages ill let all 6 go for 35.00 and i also got all the stock aluminum towers,servo tray,diff cover new in package ill get rid of as well shoot me an offer cause i got all carbon plus the take offs for backup DS how much travel did you loose front n rear oh and i did email the guy just waiting on a reply

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.