Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

LOL you can buy a whole new 8ight-t RTR instead of this mill
I'll take 10.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM
madmax22

do OS A3 plugs fit the stock engine?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
ericem

They should.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
madmax22

ok just making sure. going to order my stuf tomorrow and want to try these out they are cheaper the the #8 so il see If I can tell a difference.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Darkfae

I need a transmitter pack and charger.

Anyone got a link?

Also, off topic. Anybody ever read any of INTEGRA's posts?
Does he come off as a major ***** to anyone else?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Pexeter

Well, I broke it before I even got to start it. I decided to try and start it tonight. I followed the steps, adjusted the carburetor put in fuel, oil the filter, primed it, turned on the wheel, flipped on the receiver, put on the glow ignitor(charged for 24hrs), then pulled the starter. It was really "clunky", it was hard to pull it out, even a little, and the little I did it was really "chunky" and not smooth at all.. I figured it might be flooded, so I took out the glow plug, turned it upside down, and pulled the starter (which was REALLY smooth when the plug was out) and a little bit a fuel sprinkled out where the plug was. I put it back together and the same thing, couldnt hardly pull the starter, and fuel was coming out of the exhaust as I pulled. Then it happened, the pull starter snapped right at the base of the box. I dropped everything where it was (pissed off [:@] ) and here I am. What the hell do I do now. Is replacing the pull string/handle easy? What was I doing wrong?

Is that what a starter box is for? And if I get one or one of [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_177/products_id/5784]These[/link] will I not have to replace the pull starter?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:27 PM
ericem

lol I blocked his posts. They are just a waste of reading. For fun I wanted to see what he said in the wrench thread. He believes that all hex wrenches are the same. Wow. If i make hex wrenches out of paper i guess they are the same?

When you say transmitter you mean for your radio? Or are you talking about your receiver? IF you do mean for your radio just get rechargeable AA's. That's what I have been running for years. I have a wall charger that plugs into the back of my radio and charges my receiver at the same time.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 PM
chedster

It should be easy. just remove the screws holding the pull starter on and see if you can attach the rope again. If I were you I would get a starterbox, so much easier to deal with. More $ to spend though
Old 03-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Darkfae

That's what I was gonna get Ericem. I just wasn't sure if you guys were running packs in the radio or not.

Yeah, the hex wrench thread is where I made up my mind about him.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM
ericem

There available but IMO not worth it.

lol you should read his last few posts he said the reason why people are breaking the hex wrenches is user error
Old 03-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Darkfae

Lol, yeah. I just did.

Wow Pexeter, that sucks. I noticed that the stock motor was wicked hard to pull over when I got it also. I did the loosen the glow plug trick and it helped. Luckily, I haven't broken my pull start yet.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Pexeter

I walked back out and checked it, I guess the rope didnt break, it just came out of the handle. I'll try loosening the plug tomorrow, thanks the for the tip. After I charge the glow ignitor, it should hold it's charge until I use it right?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Darkfae

Yeah. It'll hold the charge for a while.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
ericem

Ya if the battery is good. Just leave it charging and unplug it right when you are about to start it. See!! lol all that frustration I was going to ask if it came out of the handle XD
Old 03-10-2008, 10:13 PM
twomanytoys

ORIGINAL: Pexeter

Well, I broke it before I even got to start it. I decided to try and start it tonight. I followed the steps, adjusted the carburetor put in fuel, oil the filter, primed it, turned on the wheel, flipped on the receiver, put on the glow ignitor(charged for 24hrs), then pulled the starter. It was really "clunky", it was hard to pull it out, even a little, and the little I did it was really "chunky" and not smooth at all.. I figured it might be flooded, so I took out the glow plug, turned it upside down, and pulled the starter (which was REALLY smooth when the plug was out) and a little bit a fuel sprinkled out where the plug was. I put it back together and the same thing, couldnt hardly pull the starter, and fuel was coming out of the exhaust as I pulled. Then it happened, the pull starter snapped right at the base of the box. I dropped everything where it was (pissed off [:@] ) and here I am. What the hell do I do now. Is replacing the pull string/handle easy? What was I doing wrong?

Is that what a starter box is for? And if I get one or one of [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_177/products_id/5784]These[/link] will I not have to replace the pull starter?
Preheat the engine with heat gun or blow drier till break in is complete. This will save your pull start and fingers. These engines are very tight.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Darkfae

I noticed Jombo talking about this several pages back, and I forgot to post, so just in-case anyone was wondering about shimming the stock motor.

I broke the stock motor in on 20%. Ran a gallon of it through, and then switched to 30%. I am 3/4 through the 30% and no pre-detonation problems at all. It runs beautifully. I never touched the shims.

So in short...Run it!!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
jombo

yea way back around pg 80 i think or somewhere abouts . i put one extra shim in and it didnt see any performance gain or loss with the extra shim running at 20 % .
Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 AM
G8TR FAN

Well after reading the many posts, I have ordered my new truggy and wing from AMAIN and should be here soon. I hope the ST-1 is as much fun as your posts lead on to be. Looking foward to it showing up this week.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:09 AM
redfox03

twomanytoys beat me to it. i was going to say heat up the motor with a hair dryer or heat gun. makes it easier to turn over.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Pexeter

ORIGINAL: redfox03

twomanytoys beat me to it. i was going to say heat up the motor with a hair dryer or heat gun. makes it easier to turn over.

I'll be trying that this afternoon, i'll let you know how it goes. About how many turns should I back out the glow plug?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:24 AM
jombo

just loosen it up a 1/2 turn is ok its just to let some pressure out so it starts easier, once it starts tighten it back up so the dirt dosent get in the head .
good luck
Old 03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
soccerlaw

Don't lose faith! If you look at my posts (starting around p.60 I think) I had a bear of a time getting the stock engine going. It really is absurdly tight and when you mix that with cold weather you soon have yourself a snapped pullstart and bloody knuckles! Starter box with two 8.4v cells wired in series is definitely the way to go to break these puppies in. If I were you, I wouldn't use the rotostart until at least 7-8 tanks as it has a ton of torque and I think could cause some serious damage on a brand new engine with super tight compression. After 8 tanks or so though, the rotostart works great.

Next step is changing the diffs from oil to grease (ordered 10, 20, 5... along with some proline LPRs and a MBXT body). Do you guys really notice a change with the different oil weights or is this just another cunning way for the R/C companies to sucker us into buying 3 different bottles of oil vs just 1????? LOL!!!

ORIGINAL: Pexeter

Old 03-11-2008, 09:53 AM
jombo

i am done with starter boxes . done done done. thats all i have to say about that. is there a pull start that will go on the m26. the starter box #@$%#@$$%%$#@%$!!#@#$@! DONE!
does anyone need a blue ofna starter box for parts let me know i will sell it for a steal with the 12v battery
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
soccerlaw

Ha HA! Sorry Jombo don't mean to laugh, but know that feeling very very well since my introduction to nitro three months ago! LOL! What's the issue?

Also, what ever happened to the dual steering setup up were trying to use that I saw on another forum? Can't believe you were cheating on us with another forum!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jombo

i am done with starter boxes . done done done. thats all i have to say about that. is there a pull start that will go on the m26. the starter box #@$%#@$$%%$#@%$!!#@#$@! DONE!
does anyone need a blue ofna starter box for parts let me know i will sell it for a steal with the 12v battery

WOW what happened ? why so down on starter box ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.