Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

GS SUT CE questions on vehicle

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

GS SUT CE questions on vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Cainlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS SUT CE questions on vehicle

I am considering this vehicle and wanted to know the following:

1. How wide is the vehicle using standard wheels versus offset wheels like the CRT I believe uses compared to the competition?

2. Whats a good place online to buy parts?

3. What are the common areas to beef up on the CE version?

4. How well does it handle compare to the current crop of truggies out there?

5. What bodies will fit the truck?

Thanks for all the help!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:43 PM
jqtopa

Default RE: GS SUT CE questions on vehicle

any information you need you should be able to find it at http://www.truggyracers.com/ just look through the forums for gs sut and there you will find everything you asked for.

also if your interested i have a gs sut ce roller for sales with proline bow-tie tires for racing and a set of gsracing off road tires does come with servos but no other radio equipment 275.00 shipped
Old 06-27-2006, 11:32 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Cainlord...

Wait for Scouser to see this thread, or PM him, he is the GS SUT guru. I have the truggy but I dont know all the specifics about it, sadly enough... Scouser will have all your answers. But just to let you know, I love my SUT CE!!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

GS guru!! LOL, I am not sure about that!!
I am still learning about this truck myself but I will try to help any GS owner out if I can.
The CE is pretty much the same size as most of its competition. It is 492mm long, 400mm wide and has a wheelbase of 350mm (approx). The jammin by comparison is 532L, 433W with 364 wheelbase. Thunder Tiger is 485L, 380L and 349-365 WB. The GS gets its width from a combination of offset wheels and axle extenders. The extenders were a cause for concern initially but they have proved to be surprisingly tough through the odd (many!!!) crash. If you switch to wheels with zero offset you will narrow the trucks stance.
For online parts check out the GS site. They are doing 2 for 1 on certain bits!! Ebay as ever is a goldmine of bits and SlapMaFro is the cheapest I have seen for cvds.
The handling of the GS is a tough one. I know some people think the SUT is harder to drive competitively than other trucks. I can't really comment on this as I have never driven a different truck. I will say though that the GS when set up to your own driving style, is more than capable of keeping up with and beating any truck out there. Of course all of the top manufacturers can say this of their trucks but once the truck is set up as you like, it drives really easily IMO.
I have a Proline Maxx crowd pleazer on my CE and a Proline maxx Ford F150 on my SUT Pro. I know the Thunder Tiger bodies fit and I am sure the Mugen and Jammin bodies will be fine after a bit of Dremel persuasion!! I would change the body as the first hop up. the stock GS body offers no protection in a crash at all.
as jqtopa says, the Truggyracers forum is a good source of info but I hope I have helped in some way for now,.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Cainlord

I got me one of these coming with the native suspension kit, braces, whole bunch of stuff for around $250 shipped.

I need to know for the GS25 engine using 25% - 30% nitro what is a good glow plug from OS or Mccoy that will work.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Scouser

I have McCoy MC-59 plugs in my .25 and I use 25% tornado. I have found these plugs to be a good all year round plug here but they might not work so well where the temperatures are different. Alot of people use OS8 plugs with great success.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Cainlord

Thank you for the info everyone. The truck should be here this week with any luck, and I look forward to doing a rebuild. So what seems to be the best initial diff setup?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:35 PM
lax195

I am running 30k in the center, 10k up front, and 7k in the rear. I love this setup... Others have put 50k in the middle... And also put 5k in front and 3k in rear, but my setup seems to be working great!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Cainlord

anyone got a link to a good article on how changing diff fluid front, center, rear affects handling?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:23 AM
lax195

Cainlord...

You will find more support if you check out the Truggy Racers forum. Here is the link to the GS SUT section...

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...?showforum=115

Here is also a link of how to "race tune" your SUT:

http://www.gsracing.com/gsracing/tea...20building.htm
Old 07-23-2006, 12:06 AM
jag09

whats the difference between the sut and the sut ce? is the sut still considered a truggy?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Scouser

jag, the main differences between the CE and the old SUT are that the CE is one inch longer and uses captured hinge pins instead of the old design mounting blocks. GS have recently released the SUT Evo, this truck is the same length as the CE and also uses the captured hinge pin system but is slightly lower spec and RTR. Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM
jag09

thanks scouser