Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM
jordon30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

How fast does a stock Mammoth ST go? and would it beat a cen matrix tr with an sts 30 in a drag?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
ssj2

ORIGINAL: jordon30

How fast does a stock Mammoth ST go? and would it beat a cen matrix tr with an sts 30 in a drag?
I would say that the Mammoth ST, stock with the 2 speed would have to top out somewhere near 45 mph or so. As far as drag racing, I think the CEN would probably take the Mammoth off the line for sure, however, I think you'd have more top end. Then again, it depends on the gearing in the CEN. A lot of things come into play to determine which truck could beat another, even then, it's still hard to determine.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:18 PM
nickrummy

Here are a few more shots I got of the Mammoth out at our local track. It's running good! he's broke two a-arms though. He likes to hug one of the walls

Old 09-25-2007, 07:47 AM
nickrummy

and yet another update. He is getting tired of chasing my LSP around so he's dropping in an XTM 457 and mounting up some badland mt tires. He should have it together this weekend hopefully.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 PM
ssj2

Your bro's gonna be happy with that 457, I've heard a lot of good things about it. He may also want to upgrade the pipe while he's at it too. A pipe out of the JP series should fit him well. Looks like you all are having a lot of fun, nice actions shots BTW too.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
nickrummy

How do you think his Mammoth with the 457 will fair against my LSP with a ported axial .28? Pretty even? I know he has more motor than me but I think I have more truck. He bought an XS3 radio and he gets the new motor tomorrow so he wants me to help him drop it in and get it ready for sunday. We're going to head to the big track!
Old 09-27-2007, 02:44 PM
DriftProjectR

ORIGINAL: nickrummy

How do you think his Mammoth with the 457 will fair against my LSP with a ported axial .28? Pretty even? I know he has more motor than me but I think I have more truck. He bought an XS3 radio and he gets the new motor tomorrow so he wants me to help him drop it in and get it ready for sunday. We're going to head to the big track!
ewww. ahhhh
Old 10-03-2007, 07:55 AM
nickrummy

Well another update on his truck. The roller truck with the 457 came in last week. So now he has some badland MT tires mounted up and he added a wing. He's looking for a new body.

Yesterday I got the chance to get the motor in his truck and get it tuned enough to get it out on the track. All I have to say is WOW! That 457 is no joke! It was slinging that monster of a truck around like it was nothing! We slapped some old stock wheels on it to run on the street and it was turning those over no problem.

I gotta say I'm very impressed with the motor. We'll see how well it holds a tune. That thing was screaming like a raped ape though. He hands down has more power than my ported axial, I'd say around the same acceleration but definitely more top end. I have a feeling he'll have traction problems on the track if he doesn't use a light trigger finger!

Here are a few pics of his truck from last week while it still had the 24.7 in it. We're going out to the track tomorrow to run again.

Embarrassing a revo

Old 11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
kcrd2

__
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
kcrd2

My son just purchased a used Mammoth ST which came with a Cirrus 3CFM transmitter. When the trasmitter and the receiver are turned on, sometimes the truck makes noises, the wheels, throttle and brake move back and forth and it seems to have some type of interference. Does anyone know what the problem might be and if so, how to correct it?? Thanks
Old 01-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Stewbaru

If it has alloy or aluminium braces, this could be the cause.

Aluminium on aluminium is known to cause RF interferance. You could try to isolate or insulate the contacting alloy parts with orings or gasket material.
It doesn't take much to place abarrier between the two items.

Rgds Stu
Old 03-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Doc.316

Kcrd2;
The noises you hear is probably the "digital" servo humming at center. If the transmitter is laying on the ground when the "interference" is happening it could be that you are swamping the reciever (this has happened since the beginning of RC)...and is normal. Now that I have said that..it seems that some of the cirrus recievers have been er...not as reliable as they should have been...they quit...(have replaced a bunch at a hobby shop that I help out with). I had problems with the digital servo "glitching" and replaced it with a hitec and all seems to be ok so far. So to be honest I can't say that I am impressed with Cirrus radio system. One other possibility is actual interference from somewhere else...aka someone playing with a toy somewhere on the block or a CB (yep there still are some out there)...messing with ya.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Old 03-07-2008, 01:09 PM
traxxasracer_4

yea mammoth st! my setup is a pro chassis with an axial .28 rr ( i have never had a problem with mine and it runs fast as hell) ofna o86 pipe, proline bowties (regular 17mm wheels not 40 series) and 17/58 gearing. diffs are 10k in the front, 18k center and 15k in the rear (i know they are weird numbers but it works great)
Old 03-21-2008, 04:48 PM
72challenger

so i got a mammoth st and went through and locktite all of the bolts know. Im not a racer or a hardcore bashers but i need to do the braces but dadders seems to not be around any more where should I look. Ebay has none that I can find or is there somthing I can do to make one any suggetion, I would apreciate any info or pics would be nice thanks.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:37 PM
ssj2

ORIGINAL: 72challenger

so i got a mammoth st and went through and locktite all of the bolts know. Im not a racer or a hardcore bashers but i need to do the braces but dadders seems to not be around any more where should I look. Ebay has none that I can find or is there somthing I can do to make one any suggetion, I would apreciate any info or pics would be nice thanks.
I have seen people make them on the XTM forums but I have no idea how they do it. You have to be into metal working and know what you're doing. Occasionally, Dadders braces go up for sale on ebay here and there, and you can also look at Mammoth ST's for sale equipped with Dadders braces and ask the seller to part them out for you. Yeah, that stuff will be difficult to find nowadays. You may want to check the XTM forums though, somebody might have some braces lying around.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Bhouse3000

hey, so i havnt been on rcu in a WHIIILE, mainly cuz i've been busy with a bunch of other things, n' im starting to get back in2 my mammoth, im juz doin some rework 2 get it up and running again (gotta basically do some repairs on the xtm457, nothing major). but yeah, just before i stopped running it, i noticed this slight noise, sounded liek rattling metal when ever i accel hard. do you think this could be because of impropper shimming on the diffs? if so, what do you recommend i do? (i havnt touched any shims or anything for the diffs). and where can i get them (preferably hobbypeople.net)

lastly, sorry to be a pain, but how exactly should i shim the diffs, pictures would be great

every peice of advice is good advice, so post away
Old 06-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Sholaway

Greetings,

I just wanted to pop in and tell everyone reading a story about my XTM Racing MAMMOTH ST so here we go.
I went to hobby shop to look at offroad cars I have had a on road car for years bought used from hobby shop owner (his personal toy) so im not a young dumb rookie I am 40 years old and not at all new to nitro cars so with that said.

I went to shop to purchase Traxxus REVO hobby shop owner said “DUDE that xtm mammoth st is faster, tougher, and by far more stable not to mention $150.00 cheaperâ€
(FIRST CLUE)

Day 1
Bring home unpack fill tank with fuel and begin long break-in process (im gonna do it by the book) several tanks of fuel (about ½ gallon) and several hours later the sun drops behind the horizon so I pack it up and put it on charger.

Day 2
Can’t wait to get off work to come home and actually see what this new toy has to offer.
So here we are again im STOKED I am soooo ready to air this new toy out. Just a bit more break in time and I can start tuning for performance.
OK one tank down and and now I can start going fast. Man this thing has got some go. Whats this no steering lets see maybe interfeance so I walk over closer to car and its smoking I look inside and the steering servo is toasting so I turn car off.

RECAP
I have run a total of just a little over ½ gallon of fuel through this truck it is 2 days old and now broke.

Day 3
Call Global Hobby (distributor for XTM Racing) they say no problem get you a new servo right away. Im like COOL thanks. I thought it would be a big hassle but it wasn’t.
Ok 4 days later I get new servo and install its too dark to run so put on charger.

Day 7
Fill tank with fuel and im ready to play I make a small ramp to get oh about 2 foot of air with grass for landing. About ¾ of a tank of fuel and I hear clicking ok its just leftover pecan shells left by my squirrel friends…….NOPE not 30 seconds later I hear engine rev and car is stopped. So I take car into shop and check it out …. Results …. Both front and rear pinion gears are missing teeth.
Ok back on phone with Global Hobby this time not so easy they insist I abused car after much discussion (not pleasant enough to post) they agree to look at damage and replace if manufacturer defect so I pack it up and send it to them. 6 days later I have two new diffs in mail.

Day 8
SWEET im gonna get to play… install diffs fill with fuel run full tank out and decide ill charge and play next day

Day 9
Fill tank go out still tuning carb for just the right performance but not too much heat and about ½ tank throttle servo starts acting irratic thought interfearance again and shut down let it cool off turned car on and have steering but throttle servo is dead.

DAMN IM BROKE AGAIN this time must send to HITE/RCD, INC for warranty no phone number or e-mail just address.

Needless to say I have had the car for less than two weeks and its been broke more than its been running SO if given the choice I would highly recommend NOT buying the MAMMOTH ST it is impressive looking truck but my experience speaks for itself
Anyone else have a similar story to share?
Old 07-12-2008, 06:08 PM
avdub

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but I have some news.

The RCVisions.net Pro-Brace is now available. Same design as the original "Odonnell fuels Championships" Winning brace, only 50% lighter. An XTM factory racer has been running one for 4 months now and says it works flawlessly. Zero chassis flex and weighs less than the stock XTM braces.

Check it out at [link=http://rcvisions.net/STtowerbrace.html]Pro-Brace by RCVisions.net[/link][8D]
Old 07-12-2008, 11:50 PM
ssj2

ORIGINAL: avdub

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but I have some news.

The RCVisions.net Pro-Brace is now available. Same design as the original "Odonnell fuels Championships" Winning brace, only 50% lighter. An XTM factory racer has been running one for 4 months now and says it works flawlessly. Zero chassis flex and weighs less than the stock XTM braces.

Check it out at [link=http://rcvisions.net/STtowerbrace.html]Pro-Brace by RCVisions.net[/link][8D]
Great quality parts from avdub, great guy too!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:44 PM
navyeoseabee

okay i am looking for the dadders braces where can i buy them? i can not find them anywhere. thanks arick
Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
ssj2

ORIGINAL: navyeoseabee

okay i am looking for the dadders braces where can i buy them? i can not find them anywhere. thanks arick
Dadders braces could rarely be found on ebay and they don't have a site as far as I know anymore. Therefore, your only bet is to get on the Global Services (XTM) forums and see if anybody happens to have a spare set lying around. They are hard to find for sure, but you should eventually find some from somebody.
You may want to look at www.rcvisions.net because they have a tower brace system in stock that should give you a similar effect as the Dadders braces. Also look at the previous posts above yours.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM
C-Bizz_92

i have a mammoth st that i just bought off some guy for $200, until i bought it about a week ago it had'nt been started for about a year. he said he had just got through the break-in process before he stopped driving it, and the truck looks brand new....also, this is my first nitro vehicle i have owned. i am able to get the engine to start and idle for about 30 seconds, then it will die, or it will die if i hit the throttle. just wonderin what i should do? does it just need tuned?? i am DYING to drive this bad boy =]
Old 02-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Roberts_Toys
My Feedback: (3)

will the XLB wing braces mount right to the mammoth with no mods?

and which bodys will fit the mammoth ST ?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 PM
traxxasracer_4

Does anybody know from firsthand experience if the new xtm xst center diff will work out okay for a mammoth st? my diff is about done and can't find another mammoth one.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Johnny Chingas

It will fit OK but the gearing will be off. you would probably not want to have huge tires on it and maybe use a smaller tooth clutchbell. Maybe 12 tooth. Have you tried Hobbypeople.net for a center diff. I just bought a 65tooth gear for mine about 2 weeks ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.