Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

8ight Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 01:08 PM
FoamyVictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8ight Truggy

http://btrc-central.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2138#2138
Old 10-22-2006, 01:27 PM
signa

Default RE: 8ight Truggy

that's a sweet looking truggy. Have they announced a release date or price?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:42 PM
wide_open247

I heard it would be out middle next sumer.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=1129
Old 10-22-2006, 09:12 PM
ssj2

I saw the 8ight truggy at Ihobby today, definately a cool looking truck. They didn't demonstate it though, so I couldn't see performance. From the looks it seems like it's gonna be pretty popular. We need a vid though to see performance.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:50 PM
RushDL

Thats a sweet looking reinforced Diff neck.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:38 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was only a matter of time really
Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

My wallet is crying again.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:48 PM
haasjj

I'm guessing that this is a kit version of the team losi muggy which is on Horizon Hobby already and is shipping.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSB0018
Old 10-23-2006, 08:41 PM
signa

no, the Muggy's much heavier. This is based on the 8ight buggy but with longer A-arms, bigger wheels and tires, diff gearing, body etc.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
cmh284

ORIGINAL: wide_open247

I heard it would be out middle next sumer.
Where did you hear that? Aaron Waldron is saying that Losi is shooting for a pre-Christmas (this year) release in the following thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...9&page=1&pp=30
Old 10-27-2006, 10:57 AM
noximus

yup, this thing was already raced by Adam Drake at the ROAR truck nats. the new Hyper 8 truggy was also out there as well.

both kits ended up in the A-main, Adam Drake i believe took Top Qualifyer, BUT Scott Hughes won the A-main without a question with the new Mugen MBX5T. i heard he killed the A-main, well i saw the video so it was true lol

Old 01-01-2007, 09:27 PM
flyinJ

I was on team Losi's web site and it said the base price is $679.99 and the release date is march 2007.
Mike
Old 01-03-2007, 06:11 PM
stabik

Will it go with rtr set or we're waiting for kit version?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:27 PM
MBX5T Maniac

it's a pre-built kit. I think it's a bad idea, but who knows
Old 01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
ArcticCat500

Ok...Am I the only one that see's trouble on the horizion for this Truggy? First Off...dont get me wrong...it's a nice tooking RC...but have you all taken a closer look at the upper arms...or lack there of? Hmmm? Looks a little weak. Take a real long look at the Mugen MBX5T..GS's New XUT....maybe even Kyosho's 777 ST-R...A Arms...and a whole lot more upper support and durability. again it looks good...but in my Losi experiance...they're really targeted towards the racer..and the guy without a buget...not the guy buying one to beat around the yard and local pits.....so if your gonna bash it...I'd say buy a Savage..if your gonna race and Gil Jr's looking over your shoulder with a pit box full of parts...then go for it.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
ArcticCat500

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Plan on buying one of these too MM?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:57 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: ArcticCat500

Ok...Am I the only one that see's trouble on the horizion for this Truggy? First Off...dont get me wrong...it's a nice tooking RC...but have you all taken a closer look at the upper arms...or lack there of? Hmmm? Looks a little weak. Take a real long look at the Mugen MBX5T..GS's New XUT....maybe even Kyosho's 777 ST-R...A Arms...and a whole lot more upper support and durability. again it looks good...but in my Losi experiance...they're really targeted towards the racer..and the guy without a buget...not the guy buying one to beat around the yard and local pits.....so if your gonna bash it...I'd say buy a Savage..if your gonna race and Gil Jr's looking over your shoulder with a pit box full of parts...then go for it.
I agree with you when you say buy a savage if you are going to bash, well ok I dont, I say buy an LST2 if you wanna bash. But the thing about the upper control arms is nothing to worry about, most buggies are setup like that and it really isnt an issue. And also, not for nothing this truggy is mainly directed at racers like you said, personally I dont see it as an issue at all. I have one pre-ordered and durability is the last thing on my mind, if it is half as tough as the 8ight buggy has turned out to be (kit, not RTR) this is going to be a tough arse truggy.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:34 PM
ArcticCat500

ORIGINAL: claudacio

I agree with you when you say buy a savage if you are going to bash, well ok I dont, I say buy an LST2 if you wanna bash. But the thing about the upper control arms is nothing to worry about, most buggies are setup like that and it really isnt an issue. And also, not for nothing this truggy is mainly directed at racers like you said, personally I dont see it as an issue at all. I have one pre-ordered and durability is the last thing on my mind, if it is half as tough as the 8ight buggy has turned out to be (kit, not RTR) this is going to be a tough arse truggy.
You said it yourself "most buggies are setup like that and it really isnt an issue." the tire on a buggy is a great deal smaller then that on a truggy....less weight and less strain on the front end...and LST 2......eeeww. If you look around there are alot of guys complaining about the eight then praising it...Its a Losi....its built more to race then anything...and there will be alot of guys buying them because it's a Losi and finding out the hardway....read up....look around....I think more guys complain about Losi's trucks then like them. Beleive me I know too.....I've had a few of em. You put a Tx in the top divers hands and have him drop a Duratrax on the mat and he'll hand you your ***** after a few laps...RC sales are all bout the marketing hype and I'll say this much bout Losi...They got it down to a science.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:35 PM
MBX5T Maniac

Plan on buying one of these too MM?
I wish I had that kind of money...
I may sell the MBX5T and get one, but I don't know. I really don't like that it's prebuilt.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 PM
ArcticCat500

Im not sure I follow you.....You dont even have a 5T you told me yourself...
Old 01-03-2007, 08:53 PM
MBX5T Maniac

I've said I'm buying one, and the Losi doesn't come out until March.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
72dolphins

the reason it looks like everyone hates the 8 is not a lot of people will post when they like something, but everyone will whine about how something sucks
Old 01-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Super_Dave

Wow I thought there was a lot of empty space on the back side of my 8ight buggies chassis! I love my 8ight and we will be getting into truggys next season around here but the price is way to high for me right now [:@].
Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 PM
ArcticCat500

I've said I'm buying one, and the Losi doesn't come out until March.
Now what are you buying...looks like your selling a Mugen you dont have to buy something thats not out....Dude you need to lay off the drugs or something....
Old 01-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Super_Dave

Those Losi titanium turnbuckles for the camber links are going to be stronger then a plastic upper arm. Look at the lower arms... there monsterous. All impacts always hit the lower arm first so with arms like that I don't think the stress will ever even touch the uppers. The only thing you might worry about is the tie rod ends which have ball joints on them so if you break one of those your doing something wrong. My losi 8ight buggy is more then durable enough for anyone aside from some minor kinks that all buggies/truggies have. I still never had a problem with my 8ight but others seem to.

The 8ight chassis is extremly stiff and I'm not worried about the small plastic chassis braces on my buggy, however, with that 4 inchs of bare chassis and that small chassis brace there might be a problem with flex. Its not an area that would flex a lot unless you land hard on the rear end (which a race truggy/buggy isn't designed for ) so I don't think it should be to big of a deal.

Durability for a racer on this truggy doesn't look at all like a problem. If you jump it off a 14ft cliff at a constuction yard and land wrong then you could have problems considering they didn't design it for that. I love my Losi 8ight buggy... it has more aggressive steering then anything I've driven while still keeping a fairly planted rear end so you don't scrub speed by sliding to much. If the truggy handles anything like the buggy it will be another top truggy in the mix. Dispite how much I love my 8ight you can still go just as fast with any other top end buggy if you know how to drive it right. Again it comes down to driver prefrence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.