Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Jammin Truggy or Revo? Need buying help guys! CMon! In!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Jammin Truggy or Revo? Need buying help guys! CMon! In!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:13 PM
C_Heath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammin Truggy or Revo? Need buying help guys! CMon! In!!

Im a plane flyer. For some reason I want a truck to run around here in the yard and maybe take to the track sometimes. Im 33 and have raced every form of R/C since 1990 from oval on road to Stadium trucks. I have 2 buddies with A Tmaxx and one with a Revo Both 3.3's .

Of course, I want to smoke them. Will this RTR version of the Jammin with the .28 Force do the trick? Or should I just go pay a little less for the Revo and say screw it.

Any Advice? I like the Revo. Looks mean, fast, and has great suspension. I like the Truggy because I came from an 1/8th scale buggy background.

Which should I buy?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 04:27 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Jammin Truggy or Revo? Need buying help guys! CMon! In!!

I dont know man, I'm anti revo so I wont be recommending that. But if you just want to flat out smoke them the jammin will more than likely make it pretty easy for you to do that. I had a crt pro and that needed a few things to be as durable as it could be, but the RTR version needs a little more. The chassis braces are plastic, no z-brace (the pro version doesnt come with that either). As much as I dont like the revo I have to say it would probably be a little more durable than the jammin for bashing and big jumps and stuff. But the jammin is more stable, handles better, and is faster right out of the box for sure as its a truggy and not an MT. Also the ofna mutilator is a pretty decent basher/beginner truggy, I think that has a .32 in it out of the box. It is very similar to the jammin RTR but cheaper.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:51 PM
C_Heath

thx anyone else?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:04 PM
C_Heath

bump
Old 11-14-2006, 08:28 PM
outlawti

I have a revo and a jammin crt havent touched my revo once i got my jammin. and my buddy keep breaking his revo and my jammin crt is still ticking. Thats why i bought the jammin crt because the revo kept breaking just my .02
Old 11-14-2006, 08:47 PM
C_Heath

is the jammin faster in a stright line race?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:50 PM
RCKid1992

probably sence center diff and the engine is ok tough race because a well tuned 3.3 on 30% nitro can absoultle SCREEM!! So but a itilian or other engine with nice pipe you will might be able to beat em' Just all about motor and pipe choice here.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:16 PM
TriPower

This is a tough question. I have both a Revo and a CRT, but I prefer the Revo for general fun around the yard and bashing. The Jammin is very hooked up and in control, but that doesn't get my blood pumping like the Revo does with the front wheels dancing across the grass and big wheelies on the 1-2 shift. A Revo with a stronger than stock powerplant is a total blast to drive. I also loved driving my Revo with the stock 3.3 in it once I geared it down a little for better low end.

The downside to the Revo is that, at least in stock form, it has some weak areas. The Optidrive never works like it was designed to, so everybody breaks the reverse gears. Exhaust headers bend during tail crashes. Starter one-way bearings fail. Stock radio and servos aren't very durable. Wheel hexes loosen pretty regularly, and eventually need to be replaced with something stronger. Parts for the Revo are cheap and everywhere. The RTR CRT is much more bulletproof as long as you don't smash it into anything, but it doesn't have reverse, and it does have a one-way bearing that will eventually go out.

I can't really help on the speed issue. The slowest engine I've run in my CRT is an EB-Mods V-spec .21, so it's pretty fast. Faster than my Revo on the top end, even though it's a one-speed.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The revo will out run the Jammin in a straight line, but a Jammin will kill the revo on a track stock
Old 11-19-2006, 11:02 PM
ringneck

dude just buy a revo and install the revo center diff that right there will give you better acceleration and top speed than youre buddies revo a truggy is desighned for racing if you go runnin it in grass youre gonna wear the clutch out pretty fast. rvos and lst and savage are the back yard bashers and thats what you are aiming towards. i just think in the long run you would be happier with a revo 3.3 with the center diff trust me that center diff is a huge up grade for the better its alot less maintence and will be better for racing if you decide to take it to the track and it will still be a great basher. the revo is THE monster truck to have if you race or bash. i gave up on the monster truck racing class and retired the lst just bacause of the revo.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:40 PM
maxxteezyyy

I beg to differ. I have a revo 3.3 with stock motor, 36 tooth spur, and stock tranny gears and when one of the better tune guys got ahold to my tuning screwdriver, he had my revo smokin a jammin crt down the straightaway and around the track, which was runnin a rb c6 bb.
ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

The revo will out run the Jammin in a straight line, but a Jammin will kill the revo on a track stock
Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 PM
robmxrider

If you could race a revo in the truggy class at a pro race it would get smoked with any motor you want to put in it, and you could give all the other drivers a $200.00 spending cap on the motor. Point is the jammin handles much better in a track situation. If you want to go to the bmx track and jump, I would suggest the jammin, because it has long wheelbase and has a lower center of gravity and would make it easier and more consistant jumping gaps, or just plain easier to keep it where you want it to be on the track without traction rolling. If you just want somthing fun to drive anywhere, get the revo. Both of them handle great both are fast, the revo probably has more top speed, but the jammin has good low end snap. I've driven a revo and have a crt.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:24 PM
robmxrider

I guess I should look at the dates before I post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:20 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

If you still wanna revo, I'm gonna get rid of mine. Here comes the truggy
Old 12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
JAMMIN-CRTBOY4

Jammin is way better than the Revo
Old 12-19-2006, 07:13 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get a lst2 and be done with it. $569-$579. any questions pm me.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:12 PM
nbk

i've had the worst experience with traxxas,i had my jammin now for a while and i love it.
i had a t-maxx and i put all the "essential" racer parts but everytime i fixed somthing,somthing broke.
traxxas is JUNK
Old 12-19-2006, 09:27 PM
ford f150

i agree with you about traxxas but have you ever thought about a mgt those trucks are hella fast and very durable.