Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

WHAT PIPE/HEADER FOR NOVAROSSI 528

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

WHAT PIPE/HEADER FOR NOVAROSSI 528

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 02:55 PM
donbeatya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT PIPE/HEADER FOR NOVAROSSI 528

hey im gonna get a novarossi 528 and need to know what pipe and header combo brings this mill to life ive already chossen a plug ill be running O'donnell 97T PLUG ON 25% Tornado fuel
Old 12-03-2006, 04:10 PM
ssj2

Default RE: WHAT PIPE/HEADER FOR NOVAROSSI 528

You could always use one of the Novarossi pipes/headers, those would probably work best. They're pricey though.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:39 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

You could run either the novarossi 9853 or the 9886 with good results, not sure which header you should use with either, I would suggest getting a long and a short header to see which one you like better, not to mention one may work better on a different track. Also, the RB 2045 works very well with the XR, and you get good fuel milage with the 2045. I run a Top 2006 on mine and I have yet to run a better pipe, but I cannot find one anywhere online. I got mine a year ago and they were scarce then, and the place I got it from doesnt have it listed online anymore.

You are talking about the XR and not the XS, correct?
Old 12-03-2006, 06:08 PM
ringneck

i havent tried this but a jp3 may be a good choise. i ran an ofna 053 with mine with good power and run time, that is for a rossi 28. but i think a jp3 might breathe a little better than the 053. heck to be honest with ya i dont think it really matters what pipe ypu run with that mill its gonna be a power house no matter what and a fuel hog.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:36 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: ringneck

i havent tried this but a jp3 may be a good choise. i ran an ofna 053 with mine with good power and run time, that is for a rossi 28. but i think a jp3 might breathe a little better than the 053. heck to be honest with ya i dont think it really matters what pipe ypu run with that mill its gonna be a power house no matter what and a fuel hog.

I ran the JP-3 with mine and it kinda sucked, my werks pipe and my 2006 put out ALOT more power than with the JP-3 on this engine. The JP kinda falls flat everywhere with the XR. The werks pipe i have was "for the LST" but I think its based off of a 053 and it rips with it. With the 2006 pipe you cant see where its making power because in 5-10 feet of WOT its putting out max power @ max RPM, its really crazy with that pipe and makes really good power everywhere with that one. The werks pipe I have is a little smoother but when the topend starts coming on its brutal.

I thought the same thing about it not mattering with this engine, but it does. If I had to pick a JP pipe to run it would be the JP-2, the XR has massive bottom and top, I'd rather try to gear down a little so it would wind up quicker but it wouldnt be an overall good combo I dont think. I think you'd be better off with the 9886 or 9853, or any version of the 053, 086 pipes, but you cant go wrong with the rossi versions.

I dont know what happened to the "Top" pipes, or the engines for that matter, I cant find them anywhere. Also you'd be surprised of how much better economy you get with the RB 2045, I'd say by a couple of minutes and with this engine, thats alot. It also puts out good power with that pipe. I'm not sure which manifold to use with that though.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:30 PM
crazysavage

If you can find them the Tsais t32 will wake up all engines from .25 to .32 and the price is very good. I run only RB engines and 2045 pipes with my engines but I have tried this pipe and it makes the RB928 go crazy.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Miami RC

the THS .25-.28 pipe works very good too...