Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

GS XUT PRO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 03:59 PM
RCKid1992

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GS XUT PRO Thread

How is the XUT holding up to that kind of power and is it durable in general? Do you think The RTR clutch/motor will be able to push these:
http://imexrc.com/detail.aspx?ID=680
on these:
http://www.axialracing.com/details.php?Id=3259
Thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 PM
lowCOG

Its doing great no breakage yet! Yes it will push those tires, probably turn them into hugh ballons.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
lowCOG

I was tuning and adjusting my XUT on the driveway so I set the camera up and took a little video of the truck.

[link=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361391387100616924&q=xut&hl=en]GS XUT Video[/link]
Old 01-10-2007, 10:55 AM
RCKid1992

Great video, I have yet to see any video of this thing at a track. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:16 AM
ArcticCat500

ORIGINAL: RCKid1992

How is the XUT holding up to that kind of power and is it durable in general? Do you think The RTR clutch/motor will be able to push these:
http://imexrc.com/detail.aspx?ID=680
on these:
http://www.axialracing.com/details.php?Id=3259
Thanks
Dont take this the wrong way but why the hell would anybody want to put those tires ona Truggy....one good end over and you'll have parts scattered everywhere.
Hey low....I havta say that thing looks and flies real sweet.....seems to jus glide over that jump with little to no T&B to keep her level.
Looks GRRRRREAT.......BYW ...what ya do w/ that GS motor?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:16 PM
RCKid1992

He put the GS motor in his Revo I think. I want those tires to gain a little ground clearance for bashing becuase this what I will be doing with my XUT. And more cushion for jumps. But what other tires would be good for bashing? Are those k-rocks too big for the truggy? I wasnt sure so I thought I would ask. Maybe some mashers... I wish they made moabs in the standard MAXX size... Thanks.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:52 PM
ArcticCat500

Despite what some may say but most will agree...there really isnt a truggy that'll handle hardcore bashing time and time again like the MT's... the truggys are ment for racing...I didnt say you cant bash with them....they just wont hold up like an MT will...I may have jus opened a can of worms....but at the end of the day where we go n bash our trucks...the Savages are the last ones standing, and yes...the Losi LST 2 as well...it may not be MY favorite but the LST2 is a tuff truck.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:21 PM
RCKid1992

I hear where you are coming from but I have two MTs and I want to try a different type of truck to bash with. I think I will go with these:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJGS0&P=ML
On these
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPTH9&P=7
http://www.pro-lineracing.com/proline.html
Old 01-13-2007, 10:11 AM
b@5her

any one have any more to add about the XUT , im considering getting one from imported from HK but would like a bit more info on them if anybody has any.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:06 AM
lowCOG

I bought mine from AMain Hobbies http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/10179
Why are you ordering from HK?

Well I have 12 tanks through mine, its ran perfect and Ive been bashing the heck out of it!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:22 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ArcticCat500

Despite what some may say but most will agree...there really isnt a truggy that'll handle hardcore bashing time and time again like the MT's... the truggys are ment for racing...I didnt say you cant bash with them....they just wont hold up like an MT will...I may have jus opened a can of worms....but at the end of the day where we go n bash our trucks...the Savages are the last ones standing, and yes...the Losi LST 2 as well...it may not be MY favorite but the LST2 is a tuff truck.

What brand of Truggy do you run..... As I strongly disaree with you on this one buddy..... a good Truggy will kill any MT for durability
Old 01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
b@5her

ORIGINAL: lowCOG

I bought mine from AMain Hobbies http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/10179
Why are you ordering from HK?

Well I have 12 tanks through mine, its ran perfect and Ive been bashing the heck out of it!
Im from the uk so it works out cheaper for me to get it from HK , i could get it from the US but would almost certainly get caught for import charges, most of the HK shops are bend the truth on thier invioses so you dont have to pay import taxes.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:19 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: supertib

What brand of Truggy do you run..... As I strongly disaree with you on this one buddy..... a good Truggy will kill any MT for durability
I've heard of LST's that run with buggies and buggies are typically faster than truggies.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:41 PM
ArcticCat500

First off let me say this...I DO NOT race...there are no local tracks. But as far as my Truggy collection goes...an old school GS SUT..one of the FIRST originals,Losi Muggy Mugen MBX5T, and just picked up an XUT for gits n shiggles to see how it'll go...one of the main reasons for this purchase is that I really like the motor in it..although not the most powerful mill out there but incredibly easy to break in and tune...as a matter of fact I cant remember the last time I had problem with it. I've sold off an HB LSP and a few of the guys I run with have CRT's, a Mutilator,and one just grabbed the Matrix...cant wait to see her go....For the most part we all started out with MT's and some tried others...but the bash crowning King still remains to be the Savage...there really isnt a truck as strong...(ok ok LST 2 for those Losi guys) I dumped my original LST and practicly gav my Mammy away....but I like the Savage for what it is and you gotta agree its one tuff truck outta the box. Ive said this many times before the Savage is still "King of the Hill" at the end of the day.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:24 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Yes the Savage is one tough son of a biotch. But the Savage X people were having trouble with the TVP's breaking. I never looked if the updated ones were any better
Old 01-14-2007, 10:47 PM
ArcticCat500

not to dump this thread with Savage posts..I have the new X SS kit and the little trble has has been fixed,there was small area below the motor plate on the TVP that needed a reinforcement..but no probs...you can sandwich another set of plates right ovr it and problm solved...
Old 01-14-2007, 11:04 PM
supertib

First off let me say this...I DO NOT race...there are no local tracks. But as far as my Truggy collection goes...an old school GS SUT..one of the FIRST originals,Losi Muggy Mugen MBX5T, and just picked up an XUT for gits n shiggles to see how it'll go...one of the main reasons for this purchase is that I really like the motor in it..although not the most powerful mill out there but incredibly easy to break in and tune...as a matter of fact I cant remember the last time I had problem with it. I've sold off an HB LSP and a few of the guys I run with have CRT's, a Mutilator,and one just grabbed the Matrix...cant wait to see her go....For the most part we all started out with MT's and some tried others...but the bash crowning King still remains to be the Savage...there really isnt a truck as strong...(ok ok LST 2 for those Losi guys) I dumped my original LST and practicly gav my Mammy away....but I like the Savage for what it is and you gotta agree its one tuff truck outta the box. Ive said this many times before the Savage is still "King of the Hill" at the end of the day.
I love the Svage and have had a few of them, bu the toughest RC I hae seen has been my X-! CRT pro.... Yes I have a few upgrades... But the CRT is bomb proof...the Savage is a constant mainteneace type of vehicle, it has major issues with big HP motors, the CRT does not.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
ArcticCat500

rear drive shaft bending? - 1/14/2007 11:33:12 PM

dirtnap4u2_101

Status: offline Well I recently traded a revo for 3 24.7 engines and I installed them into my jammin x1 crt and went to the skate park and jumped a few times on the small ramps then I went full speed on a bigger one and landed on all 4s and seemed fine, I noticed that the truck was wobiling and was making a ticking sound, I found that the rear driveshaft looked like an S! bent to the point of hitting the chassis, Well, I also found that my rear chassis brace was busted BUT my chassis didnt look bent though, how do you checkif its bent?

< Message edited by dirtnap4u2_101 -- 1/14/2007 11:34:00 PM >

92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are part of the other 8% put this in your sig.
Report | Post #: 1

Bombproof?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:43 AM
lowCOG

Well I thought this was a GS XUT thread but since its now the MT vrs Truggy I will add that I have a Revo with over $2000 worth of upgrades and its like a picky little woman that breaks down every time I run it.

I have NOT had one problem from my XUT as of yet and Im driving it harder then I ever did the Revo.

Hey Tibby. Bama here from www.rccna.com
Old 01-15-2007, 10:59 AM
supertib

rear drive shaft bending? - 1/14/2007 11:33:12 PM

dirtnap4u2_101

Status: offline Well I recently traded a revo for 3 24.7 engines and I installed them into my jammin x1 crt and went to the skate park and jumped a few times on the small ramps then I went full speed on a bigger one and landed on all 4s and seemed fine, I noticed that the truck was wobiling and was making a ticking sound, I found that the rear driveshaft looked like an S! bent to the point of hitting the chassis, Well, I also found that my rear chassis brace was busted BUT my chassis didnt look bent though, how do you checkif its bent?

< Message edited by dirtnap4u2_101 -- 1/14/2007 11:34:00 PM >

92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are part of the other 8% put this in your sig.
Report | Post #: 1

Bombproof?

why yes my CRT is the king of durability in my stable... we have 3 savages, a Revo, a CEN Matrix pro, Mugen MBX5T and a Hellfire... The CRT Pro does stuff that leaves the Savages in peices...

Actualy I will say structuraly the Savage is decent, its its driveline that causes the most issues...

and you cannot compare the RTR CRT to the Pro CRT, there is a signifigant difference...

I think MT's are a waste of money when you can have a Truggy...
Old 01-15-2007, 11:03 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: lowCOG

Well I thought this was a GS XUT thread but since its now the MT vrs Truggy I will add that I have a Revo with over $2000 worth of upgrades and its like a picky little woman that breaks down every time I run it.

I have NOT had one problem from my XUT as of yet and Im driving it harder then I ever did the Revo.

Hey Tibby. Bama here from www.rccna.com
Yo buddy...... i'm just here educating the kids LOL !! All summer we bashed the Savages with the Truggies and the Truggies required much less maintence, maybe a few broken knuckles from hitting a wall at 30 mph, but other then that and a few clutches everything is great... the Savages on the other hand are a constant money pit, blown diffs, shredded 2 speeds, snapped dog bones, broekn engine plates, bent TVP's, bent shock shafts ETC... MT's are toy grade RC's, and Race level Truggies are built much better and are way more durable and cost way less money to operate and bash. I have a huge box of broekn Savage parts I will take pics of this evening.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
ArcticCat500

LMAO @ kids...its good to hav different opinions...and its nice to see "the kids" know it all...Im soooooo glad I came here.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
supertib

LMAO @ kids...its good to hav different opinions...and its nice to see "the kids" know it all...Im soooooo glad I came here.

LOL.... what motor do you run in yer savage ?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:16 PM
ArcticCat500

Whats it matter....because Im not running an RB, Nova, or an STS like you makes me inferior to the hobby and not have any knowledge? Like I said I just bash...so stock motors are fine. I ran a Nova in my 5T....and had a RB in one of my older Savys....great motors but not really worth it for me....question answered?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:26 PM
supertib

Whats it matter....because Im not running an RB, Nova, or an STS like you makes me inferior to the hobby and not have any knowledge? Like I said I just bash...so stock motors are fine. I ran a Nova in my 5T....and had a RB in one of my older Savys....great motors but not really worth it for me....question answered?
well yes and no.....

see your having great luck with your Savy, but i think once you stepped up to a powerful mill like the STS 30 you'd start seeing the Savage break a hell of alot more..... The Savage's drivetrain is pretty weak and prone to damage, as well the big motors do propel the truck alot faster and the crashes become more severe...

So I am basing my experince off running 3 high powered savies and 3 High powered Truggies... And the Savages are total money pits, which is why all my buddies mainly drive the Truggies.....Remeber you were the one initialy saying the Truggies couldn't bash well... and i am strongly disagreeing based off alot of experience with these vehicles... IMO a pro level Truggy is the best bashing machine avaialble....; Maybe a stock motor savy is reliable, bu once the HP goes up the reliability takes a big nose dive really fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.