Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Cen Matrix TR Arena

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Mystikal8885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Matrix Tr Arena

ORIGINAL: Pedsaktix

The FRE does not come with wheels and tires right? and I saw some ppl use black rims, did you just die it out or spray painted it?

The FRE doesn't come with wheels, tires or a body. If you are racing you may want to try the CrimeFighter MTR's or Bowtie MTR's with Proline MT Velocities as they seem to hook up the best with the truggy in dry dusty track surfaces. There are a variety of bodies at your disposal. Some being, the Proline Mugen MBx5T truggy body, it's discontinued but you can still find it at stores, the J Concepts truggy bodies such as the one for the Mugen and Jammin also work excellent. If you want get white wheels and dye them in the color you want using regular off the shelf clothes dye.

Oh and the Ofna Chrome Top Starter box works best.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Mystikal8885

This is a great site to get your parts online. They have what you want in stock also.
http://www.customrccars.com/product_...at=23&custom=0
Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 AM
JeffyB

I think i'm quite lucky, although i havn't needed to replace anything [link=http://www.tqmodels.co.uk/tr-arena-fte-c86.html]TQ models[/link] here in the uk are excellent. They break up FRE kits and sell the parts cheaper than if they were spares. I only found this out after i called them as they dont show the full spares and hop up list on their website. Optional parts like the bellcrank are still the same price.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Pedsaktix

What the difference between those T3S1, T3S2, T3S3?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:42 PM
JeffyB

They give different angle for the rear toe in, can't tell you what ones give the greater angle though.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:43 PM
poe

Is the RTR arena much worse than the kit? Are the parts like shock towers still machined? How is the stock engine? I dont like the radio much, it glitched too much for me on my cen mt2.. How are the servos? worth upgrading? Durability of the whole truck? Sorry for all the questions I have been looking for info but cant find any.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
JeffyB

I have the rtr and its probably one of the best rtr money can buy. It shares 90% of the same parts including shocks so is still pretty tough and quick out of the box. The servos are pretty good and i am still happy to use them. The newer sh 28 is ment to be quite a power house in its price range although i had one of the early rtr's with the rebadged go 28 and it died very quickly and is currently being replaced by cen/ripmax here in the uk. The radio is ok with good adjustment options, it does eat batteries and i have since moved to 2.4ghz anyway. I have bashed this truggy pretty hard at my local track and have had no breakages, regularly doing 4-6 foot high jumps and some bad cartwheels when it goes wrong . I managed to bend the front shock tower and one of my shock shafts but that was my own doing under a van driving towards me and they were both easily straightened in a few minutes. I have bought a few upgraded parts, cnc bell crank, cnc front shock tower and red mugen springs and gone for a picco p3 28 engine as it has taken around 6 weeks so far for my replacement engine to materialise so far... Very happy with it overall will go kit next time as i have slowly upgraded bits as my skill has increaed and been alot easier on my wallet as well than buying it all from scratch.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
wriffwraff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: poe

Is the RTR arena much worse than the kit? Are the parts like shock towers still machined? How is the stock engine? I dont like the radio much, it glitched too much for me on my cen mt2.. How are the servos? worth upgrading? Durability of the whole truck? Sorry for all the questions I have been looking for info but cant find any.
hey poe. i have the rtr... it's a durable truggy, however, if you're trying to save money and time, you should consider the Factory Race Edition. sure, it doesn't come with an engine, pipe, servo's, body or wheels, but odds are you're gonna' upgrade those anyways, and almost immediately. i never used the stock radio and as soon as i could afford to do so, i upgraded the servo's, the engine, the pipe, the wheels, the tires and the lid [sm=omg_smile.gif] so bottom line, if you go with the kit, you're going to get $125.00-150.00 worth of CNC suspension and chassis upgrades for only ten dollars more in comparison to the ready to run [ see online vendors like amainhobbies.com. for competitive pricing ]

so why did i buy the rtr? well, perhaps as a newbie, i was a bit intimidated by the thought of putting a kit together. however, as it stands now, i can confidently tear the truck down and put it back together with only one or two screws left over i mean, who know? so go for it man !!! especially if you have experience. it ain't nuthin' but nuts, bolts, instructions and upgrades. so get the kit and save yourself some time, money and pining

ps: hey, and even the kit will need upgrades, so start there... just my two cents [8D] oh one more thing... the stock engine is sitting on a bookshelf... never used... it's the 3rd stock engine, so i'm going to sell it for whatever it'll fetch or i'll probably just hold onto it and sell it once i get another engine. i'm running an axe rossi mamba engine that has proven to be reliable.

okay, let me bounce, but before i go, i just want to say that despite the challenges of the hobby and the technology, CEN rocks !!! They're resolving most, if not all, of the initial release challenges.

oh well, check the style of my hopped up ready to run: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
Old 07-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Snaut Rocket

hey guys im looking into the matrix tr. I just want know how much better is the ft than the rtr.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 PM
JeffyB

Both share most of the same parts, the fre has around $100-150 worth of cnc 7075 parts though but will need engine and radio gear. The rtr is one of the best rtr out there and very competitive out of the box but if your not new to rc then your only going to end up wanting to upgrade parts pretty quickly (radio gear, engine etc) so the fre kit is probably the better option long term if you can afford the higher initial outlay.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:29 PM
docphysics

Bored with your MGT already?

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

hey guys im looking into the matrix tr. I just want know how much better is the ft than the rtr.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:31 PM
poe

Thanks alot for the replies I really appreiciate it.. Sounds like a good truck Ill just have to find some way to pay for it. [:@]
Old 07-13-2007, 10:23 PM
chrobar

I was in sort of the same situation as you. I wanted a kit, I looked at mugens and jammins, but then I saw the price, without the radio or other electronics, batteries, engine, pipe, starter box, tires, etc. I went on a main hobbies website a lot and made a whole shopping cart, and everything that I would need would cost me over a thousand dollars. I have no where near that much, so I had to settle with a RTR. I looked at other RTRs, but none were even close to the Cen Matrix tr. I ended up buying it and never looked back.
The Matrix TR RTR is the best RTR truggy for the money, no doubt. Now that it comes with the cross pin diffs and better engine, I was set. If you have the money, definately go with a kit. They would eventually cost less than if you were to buy the RTR with all the upgrades. I will eventually upgrade the RTR so I am satisfied with it. Go with the CEN!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:36 PM
chrobar

ORIGINAL: docphysics

How does the steering radius get effected by a rechargeable pack? Steering radius depends on servo throw, turnbuckle length, ackerman, etc.... [sm=confused.gif]
ORIGINAL: chrobar

docphysics, The steering radius is very small on the Matrix. I don't know the exact measurement, but to give you an idea, it can run circles around my legs and stay less than a foot away all the time. The reason it does that is because of the rechargeable pack, you need to get one no matter what truggy you get **(Matrix TR Arena)**.
Sorry if that was a bit misleading, all I wanted to say was that the rechargeable battery had more voltage than the 4 cell holder with standard AAs for the servos. That increased the torque and speed of the servos. When I switched to the rechargeable pack, the radius was much smaller and the throttle response quicker.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 PM
docphysics

ah, gotchya. thanks!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: docphysics

Bored with your MGT already?

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

I wanted a truggy before i got the mgt. And what about you. you havent had it that long.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:39 AM
docphysics

I am a toy junkie. Gotta have a new toy every 2-3 months.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Snaut Rocket

same here
Old 07-22-2007, 08:04 PM
DarkZ

so the matrix rtr doesnt come with a radio?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:08 PM
docphysics

yes, it does. if it didn't, it wouldn't be rtr.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:33 PM
chrobar

It comes with, IMO, the best radio and servos I have ever seen in an RTR, other than the CEN Matrix buggy RTR, which comes with the airtronics FM 3 channel radio.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:23 PM
DarkZ

Default RE: Cen Matrix TR Arena

wuts the best fuel for this car?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Andrew Smolnik

I would recommend Werks Racing fuel 30% or Byrons Race fuel 30% Both very good.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 PM
ringneck

dude arent you sponcerd by tq fuel?[X(]
Old 07-24-2007, 07:31 PM
SavageSpawn
My Feedback: (2)

Do you think the the maritx is as competitive as the 8ight, mugen, Kyosho St or is it all driver?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.