Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Cen Matrix TR Arena

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:32 PM
trarena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Matrix Tr Arena

1. Tom, that's using the CNC hubs and the composite (plastic) hub carrier with the round bit dremeled yeah? I tried that and I definitely seemed to get more throw on the steering but but I wasn't sure if the plastic hub carrier would handle it too well (not that I compete in too many over 20min mains I might add!)

2. Fullrevs, cool, we'll see you up here then. Hopefully we can give those Mug'n boyz a run for their money.

3. And to anyone who has used the Matrix buggy radio tray and radio tray posts instead of the Arena composite tray... is it a direct fit? When I looked at it it seemed the throttle/brake servo was going to sit too low?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 PM
trarena

Just finished watching the Silver State races. Gene did well to bump up from the G Main to the C Main in buggy and qualified for the B Main in truggy. Andy bumped up a few in the truggy and qualified for the D Main in Buggy. Pretty competitive lineup with all drivers thru to the D Main having factory backing. It's insane to watch just how fast and consistant all the top guys are!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:09 AM
spartan8892

high guys im have a question about this engine http://www.axialracing.com/details.php?Id=3133 will fit in the matrix tr arena. thanks for ur info
Old 03-10-2008, 04:17 AM
trarena

It should fit ok but is more suited to a monster truck - plus a pull start on a .32 is just asking for trouble. On top of that, if that is a $US price tag, IMO there are a hell of a lot more truggy friendly performance mills you could get for those sort of bucks.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
chrobar

Hey TR arena, I did not dremel anything..When I had the stock knuckles, I dremeled a bit, but with the new CNCs, I didn't dremel anything. The C hubs are still completely stock.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Rebeldude
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: chrobar

Ok, well you can take A LOT of approaches to it. The most beneficial would be to go to 17mm. But since you already got 23mm wheels, don't worry about it until you wear out the tires.
1) Try and contact the people I told you about, that will probably be the smartest thing to do.
2) Do some kind of mods yourself like grinding down the 23mm hubs so that the hole the pin goes through is closer to the edge..(this way you can shim the hubs similarly like the 17mm ones and get the same result)
3) You can drill new holes in the arm that are a little closer to the diff, thus pushing the CVD farther into the diff, which is your goal ultimately.
4) You can probably think of a new idea to mod things, too. One thing that I was kind of curious about was if you can get longer CVDs. You can look around on the net and check out specs.
5) An idea I just remembered would be to limit the uptravel on the shocks. It's sooooo easy, just put a small length of fuel tubing on the shock shaft..because you know the reason the CVD is falling out is because the arm moves so far up that it pulls the CVD out. This is definitely the easiest and cheapest fix...do it.
Tom
One more fix that CEN told me I could do was change the lower shock rod end to the Genesis GS232. This will do the same as #5 above and limit up travel. I have to make a decision soon because I am getting them off the shelf now that the weather is getting nice. I just ordered 2 of the sportwerks back plates so I can go full time starter box. I have also e-mailed those guys you suggested about the new lower arms.

Just heard back from CEN, man that was quick, here was what they told me in relation to the new lower arms:

It’s the same part number; we just changed the mold and made it shorter
Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 PM
*FULL-REVS*

thanks for sorting that rebeldude.... i wonder when they changed the mould? will see if my surplier has the new ones... i imagine id be able to tell by measurement weather or not they are the new ones....
Old 03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Rebeldude

Yeah, I wonder how much shorter they are? Won't this mess with the handling since the stance will be more narrow? Just a thought. I guess the cost to change the mold on the dogbone was greater, that would seem like the right thing to do. Has anyone ever tried to find a dogbone that is just a bit longer or change to a CVD style setup?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:43 AM
trarena

[quote][Yeah, I wonder how much shorter they are? Won't this mess with the handling since the stance will be more narrow? Just a thought. I guess the cost to change the mold on the dogbone was greater, that would seem like the right thing to do. Has anyone ever tried to find a dogbone that is just a bit longer or change to a CVD style setup?]

Rebeldude

The change is only a few mm so doesn't affect the handling much at all. Before I got the new arms though I changed the outdrives to the hardened stainless steel Savage ones which are just a little longer and that stopped the dogbone from being able to 'pop' without having to make any other adjustments to the shocks or shock ends. Worked a treat even before I changed to the 17mm hex matrix buggy setup.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Andrew Smolnik

As TRarena stated the arms are 2mm shorter which actually have proven to help the trucks handling in a positive way. Shorter arms have proven to provide more traction in the truck.

; )
Old 03-16-2008, 09:48 AM
pooldoc

Can we get a part# for the new shorter arms, Thanks Pooldoc
Old 03-16-2008, 03:00 PM
*FULL-REVS*

picked up my new arms yesterday.... and they are definantly shorter.... i measured it at 3mm shorter though... i had the part number but put the packaging in the bin sorry...going to put them on and give it a run... will let ya's know how it goes
Old 03-16-2008, 11:29 PM
trarena

Can we get a part# for the new shorter arms, Thanks Pooldoc

I think you will find it was a running change so the part number is the same (MX307).
Old 03-17-2008, 02:50 AM
*FULL-REVS*

and they work a bloody treat i REALLY tried to get it to drop a shaft today.... and they are definantly in there!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
chrobar

Do you see any better steering full revs? I think I'll get me a set to check it out too..the front of the truck is actually a little wider stock, so the new arms would be great.
Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 01:11 AM
*FULL-REVS*

i couldnt tell you if its "better" as such as i havent put it on the huddy yet so camber and toe etc was set by eye... but i also noticed the front was quite a bit wider than the rear and have heard of people running a 1/2" off set on the rear only... the new arms definantly pull those front wheels in which in theory should make it turn in faster being a shorter wheel base width, will put it on the huddy this weekend and give it a run.... and report back here
Old 03-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Rebeldude

Does anyone know what the total length of the new arm is? I asked Amain if they had the new arms and they responded with this: "I check our stock, and there is no ID saying if they are shorter a-arms. The ones that we have measure from center pin to center pin is 143mm " If no one knows for sure I will have to wait until I can measure mine. Just thought someone would know already. I have to order mine and amain is 2 dollars cheaper per pair and I need 2 pair.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 PM
trarena

Does anyone know what the total length of the new arm is? I asked Amain if they had the new arms and they responded with this: "I check our stock, and there is no ID saying if they are shorter a-arms. The ones that we have measure from center pin to center pin is 143mm " If no one knows for sure I will have to wait until I can measure mine. Just thought someone would know already. I have to order mine and amain is 2 dollars cheaper per pair and I need 2 pair.

2 Matrix TR Arena, 2 Brushless FT RC10T3

(in reply to *FULL-REVS*)
If they have measured them accurately from centre pin to centre pin then I think you will find that they are the new shorter arms. Might pay to send an email or pm to Andy to make sure.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:41 PM
wriffwraff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a mild vid of me running my cen matrix truggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY71yKOkGRA i say mild because the new engine has just under a gallon on it, so it ain't all that, you know? anyways, it's footage and that's always good. so, another half gallon or so on the new engine and it should wake up. i've been foolin' around with the gearing to get an education. in this latest vid, i'm running a 12T bell, so the top end is short. i just wanted to try a 12T, for torque, during the first gallon or so on the new engine. i also tried a 14T and it hauls with that gearing down the stretch. having tried a few, looks like cen got it right with the stock 13T gearing, in terms of torque and top end balance. so with that experience, a new 13T is in the mail, along with the kyosho center drive-train conversion... good times ahead

also, just yesterday, it appears that cen posted a new video... if it's the new truggy, i wonder what's new http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gRsZaACv_4

edit: os pictured, but i'm actually running a .21 axe rossi. i decided to defer the os for now.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:42 PM
wriffwraff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one other thing... i've been researching the " ofna big bore " shocks online today and they spec at 16 mm's. the stock cen shocks spec at 16.5 mm. so, it appears that the stock cen shocks are .5 mm's bigger, yet some are " upgrading " to the ofna 16 mm big bores? please weigh in if you know something about the ofna big bores. i mean, what am i missing? i should add that i really like them because they are threaded.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:43 PM
chrobar

I think that CEN measures the shocks on the outside of the shock bodies, while Jammin measures them in the inside. There's no way that the CEN shocks are bigger than the Jammin ones.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:11 PM
ewing61

do yall run your arenas without the ride height spacers? I took mine off (12mm rear, 6mm front) and it seems to make the ride height way too low, less than 1 inch ground clearance. I run 60wt oil all around with green springs. Just wondering because it seems like alot of yall run without preload spacers, so I wanted to know if any other mods are necessary.
I just upgraded the center and rear diffs to cross pin style, and am running the lsd with 80wt gear oil in the front diff. This thing really handles like its on rails now. not very many people run the matrix where I'm from, so this forum is a life saver.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:53 PM
trarena

do yall run your arenas without the ride height spacers? I took mine off (12mm rear, 6mm front) and it seems to make the ride height way too low, less than 1 inch ground clearance. I run 60wt oil all around with green springs. Just wondering because it seems like alot of yall run without preload spacers, so I wanted to know if any other mods are necessary.
I just upgraded the center and rear diffs to cross pin style, and am running the lsd with 80wt gear oil in the front diff. This thing really handles like its on rails now. not very many people run the matrix where I'm from, so this forum is a life saver.
Hi ewing, i assume you mean the preload spacers on the shocks? I run without them when i am using my red mugen springs with 450F and 400R oil and shocks set to upper most position on shock tower and middle position on lower arm. When I run the CEN blue springs (softer) i run 500F and 450R and i drop the shock position on the towers down one position. Still middle position on lower arm. I will sometimes use a team vtx 2mm preload spacer on rear with this setup. I don't use the CEN green springs.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:24 PM
spartan8892

hey guys what is a good tuned pipe i could use on the matrix tr??
Old 03-24-2008, 10:06 AM
ewing61

well my stock cast knuckles have officially stripped out. pretty annoying. Looking forward to not dropping screws all the time after I get the cnc ones. on another note, does anyone run 1/2 offset wheels? I started running some 1/2 offset prolines and the truck is almost as wide as it is long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.