Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Truggy bashing

which is the best truggy for bashing?
    \"Bravery is the capasity to perform properly even when scared half to death.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Truggy bashing

ORIGINAL: moonmam

which is the best truggy for bashing?
    This is not a popular question for race oriented rc's but they do make great bashers. Go for price and parts support if you have a hobby shop near you. If you think you may end up racing then go for the race proven chassis's like Jammin CRT, Mugen or Kyosho.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh, I thought this was a truggy forum, I did not know this was a rasers forum, like I said I am not looking to race, I want a truggy to bash as most of you call it. I do not call what I do bashing. I have been to races trucks look beeter than most I see.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my vote is a Jammin CRT pro.... tough as nails, performs amazing, and is a proven basher and racer...
    Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been bashing with my XTM mammoth ST since last summer and am pleased with it. Regardless of what truggy you buy, expect to replace parts every now and then if you're a basher. You're bound to slam it into a tree or signpost eventually. If you're out with others, you will eventually collide. Heck, when we bash on the weekends, we refer to the event as "breaking ****". I just bought an ofna mutilator and am planning to bash with it as well. Haven't driven it yet, but at a glance it looks much stronger than my xtm. Also, if you're going to beat the hell out of it and jump it, make sure to buy a truggy with a center differential. This is much easier on the drivetrain.

Now for parts availability, I've always liked traxxas or HPI. the replacement parts are cheap and are typically in stock at any hobby store. In my area, Ofna parts are limited, and XTM parts...no way, have to order them (hobbypeople.net).

In my opinion, if you're going to bash don't buy an expensive race-built truggy. I could buy a top of the line model, but I guarantee I'll break it just as good as I break my current vehicles ...and I bet the parts will be more expensive

have fun
    Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i THINK i AM GOING WITH JAMMIN RTR, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OR IF THERE IS SOMETHING JUST AS GOOD , BUT CHEAPER, THANKS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

robitronic mantis. just as good if not better than the jammin rtr and has a better engine. $399 at ultimatehobbies.com with free shipping.
    woop's i just checked and it is now $429 and on back order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig11331.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	611840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av69174.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	611841   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lq38021.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	611842  
    BARREL ROLL\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'S ARE INEVITABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tower hobbies has the mantis for $449 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPHA6&P=7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know this isn't the best for bashing but it is cheap and fairly fun to drive- http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNYV5&P=RF
    But not everybody likes minis....
    I love Nitro :]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

CEN matrix TR arena[8D]

Matrix TR Arena RTR (9561)
    Mfg. Cen Racing NOW HERE .... ) CEN Racing is proud to announce the new Matrix TR Arena truggy to accompany the Matrix in CEN's racing stable. The Matrix TR Arena may look similar at first glance to the Matrix, but the similarity is only skin deep. The Matrix TR Arena is not a converted Matrix with long arms. The components have been redesigned to take the beatings that truggies go through. Starting with the Big Bore 16.5mm diameter shocks, super long suspension arms that enable sure and steady handling, rugged 6 gear sealed differentials that can be fully tuned with silicone diff oil. CEN Engineers designed the Matrix TR Arena with high performance, lightweight, ease of adjustment, along with simple maintenance in mind. The composite arched chassis braces reduce the chassis flex but without the added weight of using aluminum braces. And if you want to tune differentials, just remove six screws and that's it! The Matrix TR arena is a truggy that you won't dread to wrench on. Along with the new chassis braces, the steering and suspension have been optimized to work with the larger truck wheels. Truggies are known for power and the Matrix TR Arena doesn't disappoint, the TR .28 pull start engine will have you throwing rooster tails around your backyard in no time. With all the power the TR .28 puts out, don't worry about rounding out those tiny 17mm hex wheels, the Matrix TR Arena comes equipped with 23mm wheel hexes. If you want a 1/8th scale high power truggy, the Matrix TR Arena has arrived and is waiting for you at your hobby shop. Engine Placement: Engine placement is a key factor in the truggy class. The Matrix Arena TR has the engine placed more towards the front of the vehicle. This provides the truck with more steering and effective weight transfer. Chassis Braces: The Matrix Arena TR utilizes composite horizontal arched chassis braces provide an extremely rigid chassis without compromising the weight of the truck. The design adds minimal side flex which aids the truck in bumpy conditions while providing more traction. Shocks construction: Large 16.5 mm aluminum shock bodies provide extremely plush suspension that soaks up the ruts and bumps. Big Bore Shocks with 14mm width pistons and extremely durable 3.5mm shock shafts. The suspension geometry is fully adjustable and offers superior handling in rough conditions. The Matrix Arena TR utilizes long A arms for added stability and smoother weight distribution. Captured Hinge pins: The Matrix Arena TR uses a captured hinge pin that reduces the use of e clips while offering a smooth and effective suspension. Change Setup: Changing your anti squat and toe in is extremely easy. The anti squat and toe in are both built into one rear block. Change only one block (4 screws) when changing your set up. There are 6 different options to choose from. Fine tuning your Matrix Arena TR is quick and easy with this innovative system. Fuel Tank: The Matrix Arena TR fuel tank is 150cc and is equipped with a built in fuel filter and splash reservoir system. Fuel tank is mounted as close to the chassis as possible to maximize low CG effect. 4 Disc Metal Brake System. This new system stops the lighting fast Matrix TR on a dime. Features include vented brake discs along with fully adjustable front and rear brake controls. Matrix TR is the only truggy in the market with front/rear adjustable brakes. Light weight CNC Steel Spur Gear: The CNC Steel Spur is not only extremely durable, but has been milled to lighten it up. The lighter spur gear reduces the rotating mass which greatly affects the efficiency of the drive train. Light weight Composite Radio Tray: The Matrix Arena TR is equipped with a light weight composite radio tray that is designed with strength, weight and simplicity in mind. No more heavy metal posts. Durability you can see: The Matrix Arena TR utilizes CEN's extremely durable turn buckle system which are very beefy yet lightweight. The turn buckles are hollow to increase strength and reduce weight. The rod ends are super thick for unmatched durability. 23mm wheel hex's for increased durability Matrix TR Arena is equipped with 23 wheel hex. They are 40% stronger than standard 17mm hex on most trucks. Truck can utilize standard offset and 1/2in offset 23mm wheels 6 spoke light weight racing wheel with racing pin style threads. Highly developed soft compound provides more contact surface and grip. Last longer, more cornering speed, and faster acceleration. 144oz, Metal Gear, Ball Bearing Servos The RTR version of Matrix TR Arena includes 144oz high torque servos for both steering and throttle. Those high torque servos are made of high qualify aluminum internal gears support by ball bearings. You will never need to spend $200 to upgrade your servos. Low CG Design: Laid down steering servo design is utilized it maximize low CG effect. Everything is design to sits lower from differential, radio tray, radio box, center diff, to engine mounting.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ive herd jammin crt's are supposodely the strongest rc vehiclle around
    Savage X SS - Stock, With Spektrum DX3
    HPI MT2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

all i do with my truggy (ofna dominator) is bash it i also have a tmaxx and the ofna is a lot stronger then the tmaxx was stock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a mantis and i love it so for i got it 2/20/2007 i was driving i was driving very good i am new to the rc world and buying this truck i think i invested my money i the right truck the only problem i had so far is my servo went they are plastic and i bought a hitech servo and it is working just fine also i broke my upper and lower arm the left one i ran into a pole. can anyone recommend a stronger arm for my mantis because i do not want to get the stock one again. so i will appreciate if someone can tell me about a great arm set for my mantis. but other than that the truggy runs great

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the mammoth and your right about the parts always have to order![&o] First thing to do is replace the stock plastic center diff with steel and add longer screws to the front and rear diff with some lock tight. Other than that the truck has held together really good. I take it to the golf course next to my house and launch off some insane tee boxes. I can run my truck on the course from my deck you should see the golfers looking all around. Just don't crash caus then you have to reveal yourself.
    stock stinks mods make others think

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my lsp is super strong in the toughness catagory and you can pick one up now at ultimatehobbies for 329

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dude i love your cat.............ohh and the car is good as well.

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

robitronic mantis. just as good if not better than the jammin rtr and has a better engine. $399 at ultimatehobbies.com with free shipping.
    woop's i just checked and it is now $429 and on back order.
    RC\'\'s: BL Mini B, Micro B, BL RC18T, CEN ME16MT and an LST2!!!