Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Going For Worlds Fastest Truggy!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Going For Worlds Fastest Truggy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going For Worlds Fastest Truggy!!!!

OK guys im goin to try to set this up for the worlds fast truggy compation.............this is a kyosho inferno st us that ive set up for the street as u can see everything on the car is brand new (exept the motor it has less than a gallon from when i had it in my muggy) i wanna make this thing go as fast as possible.......so i want everyone to help out at the moment ill keep this axial 28 in it but in the near future i will buy another novarossi 528 motor and run that in this truck to get the highest end speed i can get!!! i got this car as a brand new roller for 175 bucks........and ive put in JR 590 servos a JP-3 ,axial 28 and ofcourse those beautful HARD TO FIND foam tires!!!!! any idea's on geting the most top speed possibable would be apractated!!!! here is some pics ill psot videos some time next week!!!!!!!

PS if you do not like my idea of what im trying to do PLEASE do not start bad mouthing and start a flame war..........if you dont like it please do not start anything
Old 03-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Sprocket87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Going For Worlds Fastest Truggy!!!!

Well first off look at getting some sort of brushless electric motor/lipo system. Then figure a way to utilize a 3speed transmission and that will be a good start.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:45 PM
nbk

I guess you can put the biggest clutchbell you can find on it,
put a faster motor.
Im sorry but your not going to get anywhere near the worlds fastest anything with nitro now-days.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Cut those tires smaller like I said, use a Novarossi engine in it, and put a huge clutch bell on it. Also, try to fit an Ofna 2-speed clutch in it
Old 03-26-2007, 05:04 PM
kidd

the hyper 7 2 speed might fit.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
MiamizFinest

Oh my bad i ment WORLDS FASTEST NITRO TRUGGY!!!!!!! LOL either way yes im goin to cut the wheels in half.......and i will fit a 2speed in it the 2speed from the inferno gt drops dirrectly in (i already tryed it since i own one) either way any other idea's i havent thought about?????//
Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 PM
supertib

for fastest Truggy i think you need to be running a center diff. 2 Nova 28's woul;d give you the most speed...likely in the 85 MPH range.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:31 AM
nitro _ burner

some thoughts, set the camber so the tires are perfectly flat on the road. keep the larger tires they will give slower acceleration but a higher top speed, and of course find the highest gear ratio possible, even if it gives you a slower acceleration. ohh and at a speed that your looking at and tires like those set the suspension to the lowest setting. you will want a realy low centere of gravity for speed, controll, and to reduce the chances of grip roll.
good luck.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:51 PM
stspower91

make some custom carbon fiber parts lighten the thing up a little anything you can do to take weight off wil really help
Old 03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
-EXTRA-

Get some really really good bearing's for everything.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:06 PM
dmr bikes 4 eva

good bearings gear it real real high you may have to cut your own gears lock all the diffs just to get the power down to the floor o and that hole in the body wont help past 50mph
you miami guys seem to be the oneswith the fastest cars so why not ask some of the guys you run with
i know you are considerg a novarossi but you really should consider brushless it will give you the rpms you really want but then again im no expert but yeah nice truck
Old 03-27-2007, 02:42 PM
1/8racer

get ready for chassis warping.....its like 2mm thick
Old 03-27-2007, 03:48 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: 1/8racer

get ready for chassis warping.....its like 2mm thick

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!! im geting to buy a kyosho ST-R chassis!!!

also i cant ask any of the guy from around here becuase i em the first to set up a truggy!!! and also i wanna stick with nitro!!!! im clueless when it comes to brushless and lipos!!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:27 PM
what_stanger

if you can get away with it, skinnier tires in front for less rotational mass. After the above things, save weight! You know my take on this stuff..

for starters that jammin' pipe is on the heavier side. Why not get a total high end pipe? Get the most rpm as possible. Start grinding away at useless material (everywhere!) Just don't wreck it, it won't matter how weak it is, as long as you don't curb the damn thing!

although curbing an rc at 50-80mph would be cool.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
robertcrav

Might want to check out the ... February and March Xtreme RC Car Magazines, they put two Axials (I think) in an STR, and hit a two way average over 70mph.... They used Pro Line BowTies and used the mechanical advantage of the tires ballooning to lower the overal drive ratio for a higher top speed...they seemed to have issues with blow overs and the front getting extremely light, so I would think you'd want the rear pretty stiff, and the front raked down as much as you could...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:41 PM
dirthead

You might want to take the rear wing off to reduce drag[:@], at those speeds, it'll definitely slow you down. also I don't know if a 3 speed setup would work or not, just a suggestion.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM
mOnO n.s.G^

once done get some vids ma du
Old 03-27-2007, 11:37 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: robertcrav

Might want to check out the ... February and March Xtreme RC Car Magazines, they put two Axials (I think) in an STR, and hit a two way average over 70mph.... They used Pro Line BowTies and used the mechanical advantage of the tires ballooning to lower the overal drive ratio for a higher top speed...they seemed to have issues with blow overs and the front getting extremely light, so I would think you'd want the rear pretty stiff, and the front raked down as much as you could...

I SAW THAT IT WAS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! they would have pulled out more speed if they locked the center diff but they didnt wanna do it.....................I DID THO WITH RED PLAY-DOH!!!........also i order a ofna 086 top end pipe i should have it by friday

ok here is a little update............yestuday i couldnt take it and whent out and ran the IFNERNO ST at about 11 PM at a cosco parking lot ................and THAT THING WAS HALING ASS!!!!!!! i dropped a 19 tooth clutch (biggest i had in hand) and that thing was SEROUSE!!!!!!!!!! i know i was doin just over 50 MPH(from looks but i didnt radar it)........and i was very happy i also took the wing off to see how it would perform and it ran perfect in a str8 line so i dont need a wing .........the only thing holding me back was my stupid axial 28 the carb was messed up it was leaking fuel out of the HSN and the midrange needle litterally fell out of the engine..............i got furstrated and deside to sell it..........im selling it to a buddy of mine that has a spare novarrossi carb laying around and since the engine is fine and the carb is the only think messed up its a great deal for him!!!

also im not goin to put it off............ im buying a novarrossi 528 for my inferno st tomorrow or thursday.......then well see whats up!!! im also torn between a novarossi 528 or a REX ROSSI 528 (the blue head one) i know they are the same engine but SUPPOSTLY from what i heard it turns 2,000 RPM more...........does anyone know if thats tru??? where can i specs on this engine??? since the novarossi site is under constution and the specs section doesnt really work.........[]
Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 AM
dmr bikes 4 eva

if its in your budjet you should get the new engine modded by rick brake for top end then it would really haul i mean really[>:]
Old 03-28-2007, 01:53 PM
crazy for rc

yeah dude that was cool it would have cool to seen a video of that you see how blooned the tires got that one way to brakedown foam and solfin the tires up at the some time
Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Nik.

those foams look awesome![X(]
Old 03-29-2007, 12:13 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: dmr bikes 4 eva

if its in your budjet you should get the new engine modded by rick brake for top end then it would really haul i mean really[>:]

OH HELL YEA BRO RB is the BEST MODS!!!!!!!! i have is picco 28 RB modded in my revo and that thing FLIES!!!!!!!!! i will send out my motor to get modded but i will send it with the pipe so both the pipe and motor and be touched by the hand of god!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:19 AM
rc4x4nut

First of all if you want total speed you dont want the .28 for torque you want a high end .21 like a modded v spec or c6bb. The gear ratio in the diffs could be higher. Best bet would be a CRT and find the smallest spur gear or use a 8 spider diff with a 43t and that 19t clutch bell. That would give you a gear ration of about 7.5. But in the end its going to cost quite a bit. RC Cars 100 mph rs4 cost about 4500 if I remember correctly.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: rc4x4nut

First of all if you want total speed you dont want the .28 for torque you want a high end .21 like a modded v spec or c6bb. The gear ratio in the diffs could be higher. Best bet would be a CRT and find the smallest spur gear or use a 8 spider diff with a 43t and that 19t clutch bell. That would give you a gear ration of about 7.5. But in the end its going to cost quite a bit. RC Cars 100 mph rs4 cost about 4500 if I remember correctly.

this is completely not true...............i already tryed running a ninja 21 on my buggy and the 21 doesnt have the tourque to run such a high weight truggy at that speed it will never get its full RPM range.............for a truggy a 28 is the way to go ive already tested this

a 21 is perfect for rigdinng it into a jato,rc10gt,RS4 2, XXXN-T ext..........and try to go as fast as you can.............also if it cost 4500 bucks to get a RS4 to 100MPH that guy is a JOKE!!!!! my friends have already done it with less than 1,500 dollars AND i know first hand three people that have PAST 100MPH with a RS4 one of them is at 103MPH the other 106MPH and the fastest RS4 in miami is a 107MPH trust me you will see these cars at worlds fasters RC compation

its not all about HIGH GEAR RATIO AND GO!! u need to test if the engine if it can even push the gearing you wish............if you over gear it the engine NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO will never in its life open up all the way
Old 03-29-2007, 07:30 PM
annie_himself

I like the really think and strong chassis braces and steering link.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.