Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

!$@!$@^%#%$#$#$#%^#%

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:04 PM
rcboy93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !$@!$@^%#%$#$#$#%^#%

ok heres my story. i went to kz speedway and i was racing my mammoth st thinking evry thing is going to be ok. 1st heat i was on my second lap untill the strat away ended i nailed the fence and my upper arm and lower arm snapped!!!so im out of the 1st heat ok so i was thinking ok ill fix it and every thing is going to be ok.well we get to the second heat on the first lap car took off and went crazy.out of that heat!!![sm=cry_smile.gif]so i charged the batt right getting ready 4 the main putting gas in it and new glow plug. took off from the line lasted about 1 lap and the mother $#@&%! stripped its clutch bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!![:@][sm=punching.gif][sm=confused_smile.gif][sm=sad_smile.gif][sm=angry.gif]so i changed it and now it works perfectly[:'(]i said to my self on the way home im going to sell this $!#@%and i am so who wants a mammoth st[>:]
Old 04-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Nik.

Default RE: !$@!$@^%#%$#$#$#%^#%

shame, this is how brands like XTM get a bad name.

nice title, i was expecting leetspeak, but you just posted a munch of gibberish, ace/
Old 04-07-2007, 10:56 PM
IARacer

This sounds like a perfect example of blaming a truck for user error. No offense, but the arms were your fault for running into a fence, and the clutch bell is more than likely a gear mesh problem. You can't really blame the truck for that stuff.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:37 PM
JetTech101

Hes just venting. We all need to tell our troubles to others every once in awhile. I do agree that it sounds like driver error.

Hey IAMammothSt ! Finally a fellow Iowan! I was born and raised in Iowa City. GO HAWKS! Hit me up with a PM if you race in the area. I run a 9.5 and a Jammin CRT truggy.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:13 AM
rcboy93

ya the fence part was my fault me and this crt were like drging down the strip during the race but he got out of the turn first but my mesh was perfect
Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 AM
1/8racer

well number 1 for that truck...

parts only at hobbypeople
there are way better trucks out there

regardless of the improper gear mesh and the arm breaking after hitting the fence

get a mugen ...losi or a jammin
Old 04-08-2007, 12:25 AM
rcboy93

i know thats why im selling my gt and mammoth st im going to get an eight-t
Old 04-08-2007, 04:08 AM
porkchopsx2

rc boy93. Thats typical bad luck. When you go o race all the crap starts to come up. And when you're practicing the car works wonders
Old 04-08-2007, 08:39 AM
ringneck

i hate the hawks GO CYCLONES!!!!!! do you guys ever race at extreme rc in evensdale?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:02 AM
IARacer

You would be a Cyclone fan, living in Altoona and all haha. Yeah, Extreme is nice, I plan on getting out there a couple times this summer.

Anyway, back to the Mammoth. I agree with you guys on the fact that there are definitely better trucks out there. If I had the money I would have gotten a Mugen MBX5t, now thats a killer truck. But since I didn't have the money, I picked up an ST for $300 brand new and RTR and then upgraded the things that needed to be upgraded. It's a very good truck and once you take care of the few weak points (chassis bracing for one) it can really be a great truck, not the best but still a great truck.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:44 PM
JetTech101

Cyclones?? Oh hell no...
Old 04-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Zonk

The Mammoth is trash. My friend bought one last year to race in the Truggy class, spent a few $ putting a centre diff in it, a Spektrum radio, good servos and a better engine. It was still getting trounced by the other Truggies. Like the 30m final at the end of the day he finished 10+ laps behind the lead bunch.
He's also stripped 2 sets of spur gears. When we were having a bash My Hyper 8 clipped it and it broke its front arm off, the body was badly ripped at its first race meeting. He sold it after 2 months and bought a Lightning Stadium pro. No regrest although he said it does need some $$ thrown at it to get it up to spec.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Nik.

then he cant drive. "need some $$ thrown at it to get it up to spec." same for the mammoth, if you spend your money in the right places your good to go. The arm getting 'clipped' off and the bad mesh can be solved with 2 (TWO) upgrades, Dadders chassis braces and RcVisions hinge pin retainers. DONE.