Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

official hotbodies lsp thread

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

official hotbodies lsp thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 AM
crazy4wdracer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official hotbodies lsp thread

Here are some pics of my LSP-R's. On the rolling chassis I did the Hot Bodies Lightning Buggy Shock tower mod for better shock positions. In that pic it doesn't show the body mounts though. Now the truggy with the buggy shock tower has the Axe Rossi engine in it.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:39 PM
The_Lost_Otter

heres some pics for you guys

Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
crazy4wdracer

Cool pics. What engine/pipe/clutch are you running?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:14 PM
The_Lost_Otter

stock pipe and cluth.
but a adam drake platnium .28
Old 06-18-2008, 07:37 PM
crazy4wdracer

ORIGINAL: Mx314

stock pipe and cluth.
but a adam drake platnium .28
Nice, I think I'm going to upgrade to an STS Aluminum Clutch because my Jammin clutch just crapped out on me.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Jckrue29

I just bought a lightning stadium sport rtr and was thinking about putting bigger wheels and tires on it. Anyone have any recomendations or suggestions? Thanks.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Mufasa_719

23 hexhubs and 40 series dish wheels/tires
Old 07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
gooberman502000

Does anyone know what aftermarket bodies will fit on the LS sport 1/8 scale? I like some of the proline MT bodies as they are a little more realistic than the crowd pleaser or such...any suggestions...thanks.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:31 PM
dayglo

does anyone have the new stadium pro 2? any set ups would be very helpful to me. been racing mine with good results. sts mkII engine and lpr bowtie tires and i'm good? i think. the truck handles pretty darn good.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
rammol

i have the the 40 series dish and bowties with integy 23 mm hexes, i like the hexes but i dont like the 40 series wheels i would reeccommend that you get the maxx hd 23 mm wheels with some regular boowties.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Jckrue29

I'm also curious about other bodies that will fit the LS. Also, I have the sport rtr and love it. It's my first Nitro truck so I'm still learning. Put 40 series bowties and changed to hitec servos. Also put an aftermarket cooling head on it because the stock one was worthless. Can anyone recomend some other upgrades that would increase performance? Not looking to replace the motor. It has a 13t CB on it now. I also put 17mm hexes on it. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:19 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

my old truck i wish i would've kept it instead of what i have now

no longer have the truck or vspec... i wish i still had both lol
Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 PM
crazy4wdracer

ORIGINAL: Jckrue29

I'm also curious about other bodies that will fit the LS. Also, I have the sport rtr and love it. It's my first Nitro truck so I'm still learning. Put 40 series bowties and changed to hitec servos. Also put an aftermarket cooling head on it because the stock one was worthless. Can anyone recomend some other upgrades that would increase performance? Not looking to replace the motor. It has a 13t CB on it now. I also put 17mm hexes on it. Thanks.
Bodies for the MGT, LST, and Revo will all fit on the Lightning stadium. I currently have a Parma Revo body ready to paint for my LSP-R.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:40 PM
crazy4wdracer

NewKid-They are great trucks and I love mine. It is all modded out. What did you get instead of the Lightning?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
crazy4wdracer

ORIGINAL: dayglo

does anyone have the new stadium pro 2? any set ups would be very helpful to me. been racing mine with good results. sts mkII engine and lpr bowtie tires and i'm good? i think. the truck handles pretty darn good.
We have a thread on www.rctech.net for the 2 Pro.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
crazy4wdracer

The 40 series bowties are a little heavier than the stock truggy tires, if you switched back to the stock tires you could save a little weight and gain a little more speed. Are you racing or bashing?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
NewKid

ORIGINAL: crazy4wdracer

NewKid-They are great trucks and I love mine. It is all modded out. What did you get instead of the Lightning?
well when i bought the truck i already had a mantis which at the time i was running and i often get bored with projects and sell them that's what happened with the hotbodies but the quality of the hotbodies is much better than the robitronic which is why i wish i'd have kept it

i was putting buggy shock towers,upper-arms on it and i was using mantis sus. setup because it was better and lighter than the aluminum stuff and also i had the diffs rebuilt with 7,20,3 in the hotbodies truck
Old 08-13-2008, 09:06 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: NewKid

well when i bought the truck i already had a mantis which at the time i was running and i often get bored with projects and sell them that's what happened with the hotbodies but the quality of the hotbodies is much better than the robitronic which is why i wish i'd have kept it

i was putting buggy shock towers,upper-arms on it and i was using mantis sus. setup because it was better and lighter than the aluminum stuff and also i had the diffs rebuilt with 7,20,3 in the hotbodies truck
I must say you are one talented person. I have seen the stuff you put together from other parts or make yourself and you got some skills! I thought that suspension looked like mantis suspension!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:07 PM
crazy4wdracer

I did the buggy shock towers and upper arms with the plastic hot bodies lower arms. I also have the buggy stand up servo tray. I am running 10/30/5.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 PM
crazy4wdracer

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

I must say you are one talented person. I have seen the stuff you put together from other parts or make yourself and you got some skills! I thought that suspension looked like mantis suspension!
Definitely. That is one sweet looking lightning!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
NewKid

thank you thank you....have vnmgst have you seen my mantis lately lol put it together to sell!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Coaltrain

Newkid, who makes the extra cf chassis/steering stiffener you had on your lsp? I've been looking for that same one.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:33 PM
NewKid

vertigo performance...however i am unsure if they're still selling things...you could also try xtreme carbon they might make lsp parts i forget
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Jckrue29

Bodies for the MGT, LST, and Revo will all fit on the Lightning stadium. I currently have a Parma Revo body ready to paint for my LSP-R.
Sweet! Thanks a lot. Don't like the stock body.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Jckrue29

The 40 series bowties are a little heavier than the stock truggy tires, if you switched back to the stock tires you could save a little weight and gain a little more speed. Are you racing or bashing?

Ya, I noticed the added wait right off the bat. Loved the way they hooked up though. Great improvement over the stock ones. I plan on doing a little of both, bashing and racing. I got the truck brand new on ebay for $269. Wasn't really looking for a truggy but couldn't beat the price. Really happy I got it. There is a 1/8th track where I live that my LHS maintains on a lot they own. Just been putting in some laps by myself when I have time. No one is ever out there. Its a pretty loose track so the bowties are actually better than the stock tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.