Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Brushed CEN Matrix TR FRE!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Brushed CEN Matrix TR FRE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 AM
revofreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushed CEN Matrix TR FRE!!

I finally got it all together, i've been working on it for some time and finally have it together.. SOON TO BE BRUSHLESS!! BRUSHES ARE TEMPERARY!

Heres what i did and some pics!

Made the motor mount out of some "angle iron" i got at our home improvement store. (cut it and drilled holes)
Novak/Traxxas EVX 14.4v ESC.
Johnson 35T motor.

3300mAh and 3000mAh battery packs.
MOD 1 13T hardened steel pinion.
^^ very important, thats the only type of pinion that will work with the Matrix spur!

I think thats all, also if you have ANY questions please ask.. Tell me what you think of my E-Matrix!

heres the video!
[link=http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/turbored21/?action=view&current=centruggy2.flv]http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/turbored21/?action=view&current=centruggy2.flv [/link]

ok here are the pics!

thanks and tell me what you think!
Aaron
Old 08-14-2007, 12:20 AM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Brushed CEN Matrix TR FRE!!

nice!!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:32 AM
CrazyMento

no way... thats totallly badass [X(]
Old 08-14-2007, 12:32 AM
revofreak

thanks!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 AM
Coopz

Nice, where does the 7.2v go?

got any vids of it running?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:17 AM
JeffyB

Nice work revofreak, would love to see a video of it going.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:02 PM
chrobar

I would love to see it run as well. I wonder how fast it is.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:43 PM
revofreak

ORIGINAL: Coopz

i'm sorry i dont really understand the question... do you mean how do i get 14.4v? if so then i have 2 battery packs each with 7.2v, and put together there 14.4v..

the EVX can handle 14.4..

i hope that answers your question!

and about the video, i should have one today!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Pedsaktix

ORIGINAL: revofreak

ORIGINAL: Coopz

i'm sorry i dont really understand the question... do you mean how do i get 14.4v? if so then i have 2 battery packs each with 7.2v, and put together there 14.4v..

the EVX can handle 14.4..

i hope that answers your question!

and about the video, i should have one today!
I think he meant to ask you.. where are you planing to place the 2 7.2 volts batt pack.

Nice conversion..
Old 08-14-2007, 05:25 PM
slaphead

ORIGINAL: chrobar

Conversion looks o.k. but I'm guessing about as fast as pig in poo with a single 35T motor, Traxxas E Maxx was fairly slow with two Titan 550 motors, I had to uprate my son's E Maxx to two 17x2 motors to get it to go reasonably quickly.
Just one question, why? I found with my Tamiya TX-1 and son's E Maxx that you had to lug a lot of batteries round with you to have any prolonged fun.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:00 PM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

well a video is here.. he managed to smoke the johnson 8.4v motor last night lol.. and all i had was an 18V johnson to replace it.. so UBER tq.. low rpm lol.. video none the less.. this is also btw just a test setup before the 10XL and 20cells "or equivaltent lipo" goes in ... im going to see if i can scrape up another higher rpm 550 until he gets the brushless in it.. if not itll be slow.. BUT itll go lol

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...centruggy2.flv
Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 PM
ringneck

i dont know guys but the electric 1/8th scales around here are kinda getting popular my buddy has a losi 8 brushless and it runs on a 5000 mah li poly system and it will SMOKE another 8 with a high end .21 and this freak can run a 30 min. amain no problem aaand the dude can drive. is 1/8th scale electric right around the corner? trust me if you get the chance to wheel one you WILL love it they are sick crazy fast and very fun to drive.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:07 PM
mtbkym01

There's no doubt that there's some serious power available from brushless and lipo technology, but honestly, I love the noise of a performance nitro engine, compared to the buzz from electric motors. Dont get me wrong, both my RC planes are electric and it is certainly the way to go in that field IMO, but give me a high revving nitro in my car/buggy/truggy anyday. Just my opinion.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:08 PM
revofreak

ORIGINAL: slaphead

ORIGINAL: chrobar

Conversion looks o.k. but I'm guessing about as fast as pig in poo with a single 35T motor, Traxxas E Maxx was fairly slow with two Titan 550 motors, I had to uprate my son's E Maxx to two 17x2 motors to get it to go reasonably quickly.
Just one question, why? I found with my Tamiya TX-1 and son's E Maxx that you had to lug a lot of batteries round with you to have any prolonged fun.
well this is basicly just to tide me over until i get my hands on a nice brushless set up..
and in to way can you compare a 8-9lb loaded race truggy to a 10-12lb loaded E-Maxx.

on the other hand as "Ringneck" said, yes a brushless li-poly buggy or truggy will smoke a same model nitro... with that said, i used to be into nitro, loved the smell and noise. just where i am(2600ft above sea) i cant get ANY nitro to run right. SO a more efficient brushless setup is the alternative.

HOWEVER! i did NOT make this thread to do the ol' electric nitro debate!
i made this thread for people to get info about ele. conversions, and to see mine.

thanks and i didn't mean to offend ANYBODY through this post. i was just stating my opinion.

Aaron
Old 08-14-2007, 10:32 PM
revofreak

oh and to answer the battery question.
i am placing the batterys on the chassis brace in the middle. its a temp. fix, in the long run (when it us brushless) i will have to make a mount on the chassis..

thanks for all the intrest guys!

Aaron
Old 08-15-2007, 01:27 PM
mtbkym01

on the other hand as "Ringneck" said, yes a brushless li-poly buggy or truggy will smoke a same model nitro... with that said, i used to be into nitro, loved the smell and noise. just where i am(2600ft above sea) i cant get ANY nitro to run right. SO a more efficient brushless setup is the alternative.

HOWEVER! i did NOT make this thread to do the ol' electric nitro debate!
i made this thread for people to get info about ele. conversions, and to see mine.

thanks and i didn't mean to offend ANYBODY through this post. i was just stating my opinion.

Aaron
[/quote]

Hey sorry man if you think I'm having a crack at you, I as most cut my teeth on electric, and I love the mechanics of these things, so being creative with a bit of engineering rocks, so go for it!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:32 PM
revofreak

no not at all man.. i didn't take offense to anybodys comments here..

i was just pointing out i didn't want this thread to be a flame war. lol
Old 08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
slaphead

revofreak, 2600ft hey, we don't have that problem here in the U.K. there's only a few pimples that pass as mountains! It wasn't the conversion so much as the choice of motor that surprised me, even in a 9lb truggy you'll do well to get any speed with a 35T! Didn't realise it was only temporary. You'll certainly notice the difference in the power with a B/L and if you can afford to go with the lipo's runtime should be good as well.
Don't get me wrong as I haven't the skills or tools to do this osrt of job but if you want a standard to aspire to check this out - http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...p?showtopic=98 - a brushless electric Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro. Possibly not the best choice of truggy but this guy really seems to have an eye for the job.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:04 PM
revofreak

lol honestly the motor was just laying around so i threw that in because it was easy. it will be brushless, just as soon as i get my hands on a setup.
i would prolly go with a Feigao 10XL or 12XL, and possibly a Quark Monster 125A esc..

but ya this is the temporary build... somethin i can play around with until its brushless.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:27 PM
theputz

Great minds must think alike.......I have nearly the same build going on right now-only difference is I am using the Emaxx aftermarket motor plate and both titan motors along with the esc just to get a feel for electric 1/8 scale before I spend $500 + dollars on the brushless/Lipo setuop i intend to use-if you dont mind I'll post some pics in your thread here and maybe we can feed off one anothers ideas-keep up the good work!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM
revofreak

sure man that sounds great..

what brushless setup where you lookin at? i might be able to point you in the right direction, if you want..
Old 08-16-2007, 06:54 PM
theputz

As I am new to brushless and Lipo any advice would be great-but my thought was a Feigao 7 or 8XL and a A123 6s2p pack-or something comparable oh ya and probably a BK Electronics 9920 or 12020 speedo-let me know what ya think so far....good or bad-constructive criticism along with R&D make for great products-almost forgot - havent got my hands on any MOD 1 pinions to do any testing yet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19470.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	743466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51188.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	743467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr93503.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	743468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ev24460.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	743469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cb54066.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	743470   Click image for larger version

Name:	An65881.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	743471  
Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
revofreak

looks good man. one thing i would suggest is the last battery placement.. that would be the best weight distribution. not that it matters that much but still. i might just try that my self.

also your gonna need, from what i've witnessed, a lot of torque! i had a SUPER torque 550 in it and it is workin really hard to get it to move like in the video. now i realize its not your 2X 540s nor a brushless.. but i think itll need more like a 10xl or if you want 12xl.. JUST because you can make up for the slowness in voltage!

but i'll leave that up to you when you test it.. but thats what i have experenced.

oh about the mod 1 pinions, i ordered mine from RC-Monster(dot)com. i think there the cheapest i've seen.(12$ still not cheap but good shipping time !) youll more then likely need a bore reducer.. i did but it all depends on what your motors shaft size is.

i hope this has helped!
Aaron
Old 08-18-2007, 06:17 PM
revofreak

if any of you nitro guys have 8th scale brushless setups that you either dont want anymore or would like nitro better.. i have a Big Block engine that i dont need anymore......

Theputz, how are you coming on your build?
have those pinions yet?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:29 PM
theputz

nope not yet they should be here monday-and if all goes well I will be ordering my brushless setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.