Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

the hyper st PRO thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Echelon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the hyper st PRO thread!

Hey guys, I have a lill question about the bodies that fit the Hyper St PRO... I've heard that the bodies for the Mugen (Mbx5t) also fit the Hyper, is this correct? And are there more bodies out there (from or for other models) that fits the Hyper? Cuz there are no aftermarket companies that make bodies for the hyper[&o] Thanks..
Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
DWkyosho

I bought the Hyper ST RTR from NitroHouse in December for $369 + shipping... very solid deal. Mine has the Red/Blue/White Pro design. The body on the Hobao Racing website is not what you get... You get the PRO body (at least from NitroHouse). I don't know why they still show the old style but the guys at NitroHouse said OFNA/Hobao discontinued it. If AMainHobbies still has the old ones you can likely expect a truggy that's been on the shelf for some time (just guessing).

For the money the RTR is a great deal. I looked as Losi 8-T from AMain for $499, but opted for Hobao (just to be different I guess)... The reviews all said the Hobao was very durable, fast, easy to work on, and perfect for the backyard or track. This will be my first truggy to race. Next will be a Team Xray 808 kit.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM
squeeguk

Right, don't want to upset anyone by posting prices here, so if you are interested in putting your ST on a diet and getting some Carbon fibre shock mounts front and rear and / or the centre chassis brace, send me a pm and I will let you know how much.

I am also looking at getting rid of the chassis braces completely and making up some Titanium rods in their place to save even more weight. Keep watching.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
rckal

Echelon-

Yes the mbx-5t body does fit the hyper st. I have one myself, i have it all cut out but not sur what colour to paint it...lol

I was thinking about leaving it clear for racing. Something different [X(]
Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 PM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

couple of questions. first, DWkyosho, did your hyper come the the pro body, bodysupporters . i sent my MO today to nitrohouse for my st. and i was wondering if somone knew if it came w/ the supporters since its available in the two pro body colors and not the black white, and red rtr body.

next question. im planning on putting a new mill in asap. whats the word, if anyone knows, on the jammin jpx .28? will it fit right in? or will i need to modify. and for a pipe i was thinking about the new jp-6 from ofna.

last question, what engine do you guys have in your st's. and is there a engine everybody knows is the best. kinda like the lrp z .28 spec 3 for the lst2? ive asked this question in some other forum somwhere in the past, but didnt ever get a responce. so here it is agian. thanx, clay unruh
Old 01-30-2009, 09:58 PM
rckal

ORIGINAL: 1cougar1

next question. im planning on putting a new mill in asap. whats the word, if anyone knows, on the jammin jpx .28? will it fit right in? or will i need to modify. and for a pipe i was thinking about the new jp-6 from ofna.

last question, what engine do you guys have in your st's. and is there a engine everybody knows is the best. kinda like the lrp z .28 spec 3 for the lst2? ive asked this question in some other forum somwhere in the past, but didnt ever get a responce. so here it is agian. thanx, clay unruh

Het mate, I have an OS vzb-vspec 21 and an OS Speed tuned for my truggy, but the tracks over here are fairly small and i'm not that good a driver on track, ( have to curb my lead finger )... lol so i've gone down to a Go 3 port untill i can get around the track better.

I've seen the LRP Z 28 as well and its is also an animal of an engine.
There's some nutcase bashers at my local bash spot that are putting them in their 1/8 on road cars ( upgrading from 'OS speed tuned' ) because of the power.[X(]
LRP Z 28 ?? Can't really go wrong that engine.

Ps Anyone have go engines and if so are you having any carb related problems. I can never get a GO carb to work properly. I was lucky at may last race meet to be able to pull my vzbvspec carb off it and throw it on the GO engine.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:51 AM
squeeguk

As far as engines are concerned, a good race 21 on a Hyper ST is plenty. The only time I go to my bigger engine is when I know the track will be muddy. These cars do tend to pick up a load of the UK mud.

I tried to race with an LRP 28 spec 3 in dry conditions and it was too much. I was getting wheelies down the straight and over jumps. It also gave me push on understeer which is never nice when you're racing and trying to hit the apexes.

As for the Go engines, I could never get mine to run right, but I believe the latest batch has a new carb AGAIN, lol, and is better for it.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:19 AM
spikeitaudi

I run the same as Rckal. The OS vzb-vspec 21and a tuned pipe also. I don't have any problems keep up with they .28 on my local track.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:25 PM
DWkyosho

Cougar, the RTR has the body supports on the plastic shock towers. The actual Pro model has the CNC towers with separate supports. After reading numerous articles in Xtreme RC other magazines/websites I figured the Hyper ST RTR (with Pro body) was suitable for club racing. Hobao intended the RTR to be race worthy from the start.

Glad to hear you put an order in... I was very satisfied with the service from NitroHouse. I even emailed them to thank them for their service and product knowledge (also to get info on the best glow plugs for the truggy and fuel choice). Tim Bump from OFNA emailed within 24hours with details. I plan on running Byrons 20% in the Macstar 28. It's an ok mill but will definately upgrade later this year.

The Hyper ST (Pro or RTR) is a great truggy and glad to see so many people enjoying it!

PS. Anyone thought of running the Jammin Big Bore aluminum shocks on the Hyper or do you think the stock shocks are race worthy?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:55 AM
squeeguk

I run the Super Big bores from the X2 on my Hyper, they are great, a more consistent feel, stronger, and best of all they save you a grand 36 grams off the weight of the truggy.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:20 PM
rckal

I also run the jammin 16mm super big bores and i love 'em.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
DWkyosho

Seems like I'll need to look into that this spring/summer... I'll try the stock shocks first.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 PM
1cougar1

yo guys i posted an early question about a really good engine to run n the hyper st(rtr). a couple of you guys said that a .28 might be a little too much power and .21's were working good for you. well i was on amain the other night. and noticed the trinity extech .24. they got the .24 w/out modd. and w/out prerun break-in, for $229.99. and the other 2 were under #300.00. while at horizon the regular one was almost $400.00. amain sure has some good deals(you know i heaRD THEY are GOING OUT OF BUISSNESS THIS SPRING : (, sucks) anyway in the description it said the .24's a little more than a .21 but not as moch as a .28. what do ya think of it? cause i really like the trinity line=up. wheather it be .21, .24, or .28. they just seem like they'd be a kickbutt engine. im planning oon getting the .21 when my picco wares ouyt on my 8ight. anyone know anything about them? or about putting one n a st(did i already ask this question)? thanx, clay unruh
Old 02-03-2009, 11:18 PM
rckal

Well i HOPE they're not going out of business.
Maybe they can do some restructuring (sp) so it wont happen if that is the case.

As for engines- A good 21 will go just as well or better than an average 28 engine....I think...lol

You will get a better run time out of a 21

If your racing see what size engine most of the guys down @ the track are using

If your just bashing- buy a 28 engine and GO NUTS or buy an OS 30, do a little mod on it and it will decimate all.....lol

My mate bought a second hand OS 30, did a small mod on it and nothing could touch it. on the other hand he only got about 5 min run time but it was an awesome 5 minutes.[X(]
Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 AM
1cougar1

yeah i heard their going out of business. well actually the guy said amain has lost their lease or somthing like that and it was only good through spring. of course they may not be actually going out of business. but the way they talked about it sounded so. im pretty sure they were talking about it on the thread where the guys asking everyone where he should build his new indoor track and hobby shop. i think the threads called new track something or other. look at the last few days posts and try to find the words new track. as for your engine comment. yeah im just bashing, and i was planning on the jpx .28 but some dude had mentioned that he was pulling wheelies when he applied WOT. then said that a .21 was working better for him. and a few other people said about the same thing. personally i like the trinity .24. sounded like an awesome mill. more power than a .21 but not as much as a .28 and its recommended by "the drake", especially for truggies. so i think im going w/ that. anyone know if it'll drop right in. or does it need mods to fit the hyper st?
Old 02-04-2009, 03:24 AM
rckal

Well... It should just drop straight in.
If it doesn't have a drink and try again.
Repeat process untill too drunk or it fits.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:32 AM
squeeguk

ORIGINAL: rckal

Well... It should just drop straight in.
If it doesn't have a drink and try again.
Repeat process untill too drunk or it fits.
Gotta love that solution, typical Ozzie, lol. I like the way you think.

Yeah, it should fit straight in. I have whacked 21's, a 26 and a couple of 28's in my Hyper ST no problem. If you do encounter issues, just follow the procedure listed above by Kal.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 PM
rckal

Yup, For best results use your favourite beverage!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
stagga

hello folks! im looking to buy a 1/8 truggy sometime this year. right now i own a crappy little exceed forza (which was a good intro for me into nitro...i have learned a lot!) but now its time to move onto bigger and better things. i have been looking at all the choices and im leaning towards the hyper st pro, losi 8t, Thunder Tiger ST-1 Pro(all the carbon is very tempting) and a couple others. the main complaint i hear with the hyper st pro is that they are heavy...which isnt a problem for me since i wont be racing it...just a back yard basher. you can say im more of a 'bling' type of hobbyist so the carbon shock towers that i have seen in this forum will be a must! (at least they serve a purpose)...it wont be a shelf queen by any means. I will be doing quite a bit of on road activity as well so i've been lookin for different wheel/type combinations. (a money pit for us 'bling' enthusiasts lol).....SO do just about any 17mm hex wheels fit the hyper?

for example: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNHW8&P=SM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTWX7&P=0

also been looking at some of the 17mm hex bead lock wheels from axial. will those fit?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Echelon

Check the offset of the wheels you want to purchase. You need some offset, otherwise they won't fit. Dunno wheter it's ½ or full offset (in inch.)
Old 02-19-2009, 08:31 PM
speed lover

I've been looking at the beadlock axial wheels too very tempted but don't know if they fit either and cannot get an answer from axial. I have a hyper st pro and highly recomend them. I got my first shot of mine yesterday what a car I have a Schumacher XTR 3E a CEN genesis Firestorm and an MT2 on the way but after driving my hyper even with the MACSTAR .28 and a 13 tooth clutch bell it will eat everything I have easily. It really is a different league of speed and accelaration. My firestorm has an .18 in it with the biggest clutchbell available and it still can't keep up with my Hyper flat out and get's left behind in my hypers dust. I plan on using my DX3S controller with the telemetry on my Hyper and am going to put my shiney new Axial .32 in also. Having problems with under steer though but I think this is because the guy I bought it off put 10,000w oil in the front diff 60,000w in the middle and 3,000 in the rear I much prefer to have a wildly tail happy car as I'am used to my firestom. What oil weights should I use to get to handle like this. I have heard the racers say it is heavy but I found a film of the HYPER ST PRO and a LOSI 8 and it looks to me the weight makes it much more stable and the high reving engines look as though it is difficult to get the car opened up and makes it quite snappy heres a vid I found when researching the AXIAL .32 engine hyper looks far superior on the handling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_HUF...eature=related
Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 PM
rckal

These work a treat. I have a set-

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6788

Maximiser beadlocks, they're 1/2 offset.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:56 PM
stagga

any of you guys who are in the UK....what is the best site to order truggies/parts/radios etc from? I believe amain is located in the US...just wondering how much the shipping would kill me if I was to order from there rather that a UK or european supplier. Or if anyone knows of a good hobby shop in London let me know. thanks!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 AM
McGivor

i think nitrohouse is in the uk?.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:07 AM
squeeguk

Nitrohouse is in the US, but if you want a good place to order from in the UK, try Apex Models. They just outside London and are my local hobby shop. Top bunch of guys who all race and are really knowledgeable. They will post to you in London next day if they have in stock. Just type in google and you will find their website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.