Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HoBao Hyper ST Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 AM
kemp2906

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HoBao Hyper ST Questions

I want to know more about this car so:

Is it any good?
Is it 1 speed?
Top speed?

Thanks

Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 AM
redfox03

Default RE: HoBao Hyper ST Questions

from what i hear it is a good truggy. actually they have some vids of it on youtube.com. yes, it is one speed. it's gotten good reviews too. http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_Umo-uOv5Q there's one vid of it, there are more on there too, check em out.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:34 PM
kemp2906

anybody got one and knows wat top speed is like?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've heard enough positive about this car that I would defo have one. I especially like what I hear about their toughness and speed...

Top-speed-wise, I don't know, but I would expect 40mph+..
Old 09-28-2007, 02:30 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the top speed should able 40MPH flat........considering the motor and gearing it has.........it wont be a big top end but it will get to top end PRETTY QUICK!!!!

also there is no 2speed for it........with a little modd tho im sure the 2speed from ofna might fit but the 2speed cost 100 bucks and im not even sure it will fit
Old 09-28-2007, 02:43 PM
will13

which one was you going to get iv got the rtr one and thats fast and strong
Old 09-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Coopz

ORIGINAL: kemp2906

I want to know more about this car so:

Is it any good? yes
Is it 1 speed? yes, 2 speed are for onroad and monster trucks, you loose your centre diff with a 2 speed
Top speed? fast enough, depends on fuel, how leaned it is ect..

Thanks

Old 09-29-2007, 07:58 AM
j_blaze

top speed is whatever you gear it to be, on a 1 speed vehicle you can have great acceleration or great top end speed. if it goes 40mph out of the box you can spend another $15 and make it go 50-60mph easy. but why would you want it to go that fast? you can't see it after about 100yds anyways.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:32 AM
ttoks

single speed is preferred for a few reasons, a two speed center diff is very complex and heavy, rotating mass means your slower, two speed has more parts such as OWB's and the such giving you more things to go wrong, and it is much easier to drive a single speed, at least in my experience.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 AM
jasytosy

could the ho bao out run a jato w/picco .26 max in a 100 m drag
Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jasytosy

could the ho bao out run a jato w/picco .26 max in a 100 m drag

No.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
rccrazy_racer

A truggy that's RTR beat a Jato??? C'mon. That's just crazy. The Jato weighs about 1/2 of an ST. I have both and I'd never put an ST up against a Jato. I did race a Revo 3.3 on a 75 yard stretch and hung in pretty close. I was on my 4th tank, so it wasn't leaned out to optimum speed/performance. The Revo was re-geared for high speed and it flies! I could get a 5 yard head start and it could catch my ST every time! With that said, I bought the Revo LOL!!! It had less than 6 tanks on it and is completely stock aside from the gearing change, plus a set of 4 Vantage black rimmed yellow striped wheels and tires...all for $375! Not bad for a $500+ truck and about $80 worth of rims/tires! Anybody wanna race??? No...not a Jato...MTs only!

Bring it beeeooootch!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
phattracker
My Feedback: (1)

Hey man, this is a TRUGGY forum. Take that REVO smack talk outta here. Traxxas blows.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
eirk66

will a jato take the beating of the hyper st?? noooo haha i have a hyper st pro kit thing is a champ takes a beating too ive cleared 30ft table tops that are for bike jumps its a great truggy takes a beating and handles pretty well on the track was my first truggy and is a greatt truggy IMO buy it
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM
phattracker

I agree. Jusy buy it. You'll never go back to 1\10th scale.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:59 AM
eirk66

ORIGINAL: phattracker

Hey man, this is a TRUGGY forum. Take that REVO smack talk outta here. Traxxas blows.
haha +1

ive yet to see one of those newer like wanabe truggy things they came out with maybe it run good with the crt.5 and hyper mini :P
Old 04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
rccrazy_racer

ORIGINAL: phattracker

No ***** Dick Tracy...someone mentioned a Jato (Traxxas) and I simply replied in kind. I'm not a big Traxxas fan, but do have 2 Revos among my 15+ other models. My favorite is indeed the Hyper ST with the HB Lightning next (it has an LRP z28 with a JP-3 pipe)...screams! I also have 3 Jammin truggies...so I'm all about the truggies. Some consider the Revo a truggy, but it just doesn't compare on the track IMO. The main reason I have 2 Revos is parts availability and I got them dirt cheap.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:33 PM
phattracker

Easy buddy. Oh and congrats on being rich enough to have 15+ RC's. And the attitude to gloat about them. Traxxas still blows.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:43 PM
eirk66

surfwriter those newer revos that look like a truggy what like scale is it since you sound like a traxxas guy or w/e just wondering if runs with 1/8 scale or what
Old 04-30-2008, 02:44 PM
rccrazy_racer

Sorry, got flustered with the negativity. I'm not rich...just jump on good deals when I see them. I buy, sell and trade all the time, so I have seen most of what's out there. Traxxas is good for the market in which they target...newbies and intermediate hobbyists. I still love running my Jato and my new Revo will smoke any other MT with it's stock motor. There just isn't a faster 1/10 MT on the market, let alone a faster 1/8. Just my 2 cents...no offense to anyone.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:48 PM
rccrazy_racer

The new Platinum Revo looks very sweet, but it is still a Traxxas brand MT. It is still classified as a 1/10th scale according to Traxxas' website.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...x_revo5304.htm

http://www.traxxas.com/products/video/5304revoPE/

I'm not a "Traxxas" guy...just had several in the past.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:54 PM
phattracker

Truce. I just get frustrated that my LHS exclusivly carries TRAXXAS. I run a race track and it gets frustrating that guys constantly buy a T-maxx or a Revo and get upset that they can't compete with the truggies. He just doesn't put anything on the shelf for people to put in their hands and look at. People go in there all the time lookin for something to buy and bring to my track to RACE not bash and he sells them a $500 T-maxx or Revo. There are so many race worthy truggs and buggs that he could sell these people, he just won't put one on the shelf. Sorry. Just bitter at the LHS, not you. Just sick of Traxxas. I wish I could open a shop and help people get what they are looking for.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
phattracker

The LHS man get sooo mad that guys are buying over the internet, I can understand that. He comes out to the track and sees 8-10 truggs that he didn't sell. And he sees 8-10 Buggs he didn't sell either. WAKE UP!!!!!!!! We are racing here, SELL RACE CARS!!!!!! you know.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 PM
rccrazy_racer

I totally hear ya! Traxxas floods every hobby shop due to their marketing. More marketing, more sales, more parts needed. They also have more hop-up parts than anything on the market too. I'd still rather have a race truggy or buggy than a Traxxas any day. They are simply more durable. Hell, I run my Savy way more than anything else when bashing. Haven't had my Hyper ST on the track yet...it's still very new.......same with my Lightning. I have a CEN Matrix in MINT condition as well...no track time. My only excuse is that I have to drive almost an hour to the nearest track. I just don't care to bash my truggies and buggies...they aren't designed for that anyways. I like my Savy and MGT for the big dirt hills LOL!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:21 AM
phattracker

Thats too bad that your track is an hour away. If it is a good track it is worth it. Especially if the competition is good. I have guys from 4 different counties that come to my track. Like a 60 mile radius. We have a good time with it. www.rcmountain.spaces.live.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.