Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Couple 8T Race Roller Questions..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Couple 8T Race Roller Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 03:55 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Couple 8T Race Roller Questions..

I'm thinking of getting the 8T RR this week, and taking it on a work-trip next week to install the engine, paint the bod, fiddle around, etc..

1.) My first question is, does the kit come with a non-bumpstart engine mount, OR is it possible to use a spin-start engine with whatever mount it comes with?? I recently bought a whole engine unit with pipe, tank, starter, etc.. out of a Muggy, with the intention of running it in whatever truggy I decide to get.., and that means spin-start.

2.) Also, some questions about the clutch.. Is the 8T clutch good?? Would I be better off switching the 8T clutch onto the Mach, or should I leave the Muggy engine/clutch as is, and maybe use the 8T clutch on something else later, for ex either a bigger, badder engine for the 8T, OR maybe for my Picco 28 which will eventch probably be going in the LST2??

What is the stock 8T gearing BTW?? I think this Mach I got is from a new revised Muggy with the 12T CB..

Any other must-dos that I could or should do right off the bat with the RR?? Don't have servos or receiver yet, so those are gonna have to wait a while... But maybe if I definitely decide to go forward with it, I'll get a throttle/brake servo with the kit and take it with me and in the meantime read up more on how best to install it... For ex at the mo I don't even know what this stiffener thing is that people talk about..

Thanks..
Old 11-11-2007, 04:33 AM
ttoks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Couple 8T Race Roller Questions..

the 8ight T RR if i'm not mistaken comes with a 13 tooth clutbell, a 12 tooth will b under geared.

as for the quality of the clutch, the 8ight clutch will pick up very very well if you kep it well maintained, you have to keep the shoes burr free otherwise the shoes lock down and don't do any work, if you check the clutch after every few runs and de-burr the shoes each time it will serve you very well.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:45 AM
HerrSavage

Can I just throw any old 13T CB on the Muggy engine then?? That would be easier...
Old 11-11-2007, 05:04 AM
HerrSavage

Is the motor-mount for the 8T RTR the same as for the 8 Buggy?? Looking at jennys_rcsports on ebay...
Old 11-11-2007, 05:06 AM
ttoks

the 8ight T clutch is a bit of a wired setup, you'll know what i mean if you end up getting one, you can try it, but the 8ight T's CB is a good setup, it has a 5x10x3 and a 5x13x4 bearing in the CB instead of two 5x10x10's, helps a lot in the longevity of CB bearings.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:38 AM
coololdude

ttoks a really good deal too is go to .....A-mainhobbies and check out there bearings for the clutches...they have pro-tek ceramic ones for the clutches now and there not to expensive....and I run the max life dyomite clutch shoe and I have yet to change the bearings or the shoes and I know its been at least 2 gallons..."L"...where your from thats about a little under 6 liters.........I wished I could just go there once before I die..."L"....check it out there worth the time .......nothing I hate more then having to change cb bearings.......[8D]