Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tamiya Nitrage 5.2, The Offical Thread

Thanks for the find Atomika.......that first one IS REALLY pricey tho......these ones are good. THANKSAGAIN. Glad you got your engine running again...thanks for the tips!

@secrets....would you mind elaborating.........MOST of the fuel ive seen for sale...in my area anyway...are 15% oil...what is the harm in bringing the oil content up from 12-15% with a more superior oil????? I'm just heeding advice from both my two LHS...and from a VERY experienced racer/tuner/builder. Just curios...ill listen to anyones advice, if they can substantiate the claims!

tye

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

has anyone noticed the slop between the bearings and steering knuckles? the rear uprights also seem to allow the bearings to move too. are there any aluminum options yet?
    too many to list.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As far as I know these are the only hop ups available (unfortunately)

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcp...=desc&offset=1
    Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jus outta curiosity what fuel(s) is/are everybody using?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i haven't found any elsewhere. I'll have to look into knuckles more if mine give me trouble

I'm just breaking it in, but I use trinity monster horsepower 35% nitro and run it richer to keep it cooler running. So far its been hovering around 200-210 degrees with regular driving. I'm going to the track this friday with it and I'll see how it performs there.
    too many to list.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HOLYCRAP...your using 35% nitro....whats the oil content? Ive only been using 20% and im going to 25% next gallon. Im using sidewinder fuel....not the best but ALL my LHS carries within 120 km of my house.
    Just curious fastmaxx....are using shims (or did your motor come with any) for the higher nitro content........ive read you need to have the appropriate/corresponding shim in the head of the motor depending on nitro content of your fuel......i thought you need to have thicker shims with the higher nitro content. It sort of changes the timing...and gives a slightly larger volumeto compensate for the EXTRAPOWER!!!

I bet you its gunna FLY down the track......mine flies as is. You have the front brakes or two-speed tranny. Mine is mostly stock.

I got mine second hand...and the previous owner only used 20-25% so thats what im using too. Maybe different in your situation.

I love it tho.....just love it.....i just need a fuel tank @Atomika....i missed the $4.99 ones....the guy i got mine from is gunna hook me up with a WHOLE whack o parts from open kits and or spares. BONUS

Tye

P.S. The previous owner told me he had put on a tuned pipe....without any real gains in power or top-end speed......i dont know personlly tho. The JP4 is $100+ around here so im not going to buy it unless i KNOW its going to HELPALOT!!!!

You can get a NIB nitrage for as low as $229.99 from Tamiya America right now....scratch and dent sale....just box damage....CAR IS PERFECT!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Crikey! 34%? I've never even seen that. I've been using Traxxas 20% cause I started out with a nitro stampede ( plus they miss-marked about 10 gallons of it @ my LHS so I got 3 of em for $13.00 a gallon
    My truck seems to be running warm even tho I'm running it uber rich. I'm think'n of switching to O'donnell.

@Hawzzy Thats cool ur gonna be gett'n a grip o parts. Thats where I bought my Nitrage from. It was mint, even the box. I'm think'n bout buying another to have for spare parts. This truck kicks ass. Of all my RC's this ones my fave, its jus so much fun to drive. & Its obnoxiously loud! There's a big empty parking lot across from my apt that roll in periodically & it echos off the buildings. Its funny cause all the neighborhood kids can hear it and pop up outta nowhere lol.

& Check these out, They're frigg'n sweet. I gotta figure out how to get one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh14763.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	308.4 KB 
ID:	1605870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni23519.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	1605871  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mine had the same pathetic feeling linkage in the front end when i got it also. It was brand new so i knew it had to be a design issue from the start. I pulled the front end apart the first night i had it and found it has brass bushings on the knukles instead of bearings and the hole the bushing was in was not a tight fit at all. I used some siocone and glued those in in place as i was re assembling the parts. Left it up off of the tires for the night for the fix to set and it made a BIG difference in the amount of play. It still has more than alot of truggies ive messed with but it also costs about a third of what they cost. Ive got about a half gallon on it now and the fix is still holding well. Hope this helps!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Hawzzy

Thanks for the find Atomika.......that first one IS REALLY pricey tho......these ones are good.Β* THANKSΒ*AGAIN.Β* Glad you got your engine running again...thanks for the tips!

@secrets....would you mind elaborating.........MOST of the fuel ive seen for sale...in my area anyway...are 15% oil...what is the harm in bringing the oil content up from 12-15% with a more superior oil?????Β* I'm just heeding advice from both my two LHS...and from a VERY experienced racer/tuner/builder.Β* Just curios...ill listen to anyones advice, if they can substantiate the claims!

tye
    The oil is only there as a lubricant. You only need enough of it for proper lubrication/protection of the engine. It does nothing else. More % oil means lower power, less clean burning and less run time per volume. The engine itself is also cooled by the fuel, the more oil you have the less fuel mixture there is, hence higher temperatures.

The quality of the lubricant and fuel mixture in modern fuels have improved dramatically. Some of the best car fuels only have between 4%-9% lubricants in total. The old school method of adding extra quality oil is simply not needed anymore. As for your 15% fuels, most of those are for airplane/heli engines which are designed for different rpm bands and spend their lives running at more constant rpms than car engines, especially offroad. The car oils with more than 15%, BT sport, Backyard basher etc, are sport fuels. They are designed to cover a large error margin for beginners, and probably use only castor oil, hence the large oil content. I personally don't use any thing more than 10% except for break in.

There is NO best anything in RC. No one CARES about what is the fastest. Asking same question a million times WON\'\'T help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oil 12% Synthetic/Racing Castor Blend in the trinity monster horsepower. no shims for the head. I don't want to get rid of that extra power do I? I haven't experienced any negative affects from running higher nitro content in any of my other engines.

There are a lot of shim debates. I just go with what I've experienced though.
    too many to list.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@Atomika....i was told that the nitrage minis were a limited release in Japan...apparently they do that kind of thing alot...some (very few) DO become available on the open market.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i am over heating? temps at 250 plus and the engine is as rich as china smoke blue smoke and more smoke  am think about changing the plug plus am running 20% nitro in the force fx.32 help please
    mychal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

with the body on, I was running it rich with 20% losi and temps were hanging out between 210-220 with a temp gun aimed where the head button is. or at the glow plug. the top of the head stays way cool. spit wont evaporate off it quickly at all. when it sizzles then you know your getting hot. if your getting smoke it shouldn't be so bad. some people suggest keeping the low speed needle rich so when you get off the throttle it gets a rush of fuel to cool it.
    too many to list.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@Hawzzy. Yeah that figures since the Nitrage was such a big hit over there. I't be cool if they'd show up on ebay, I'd love to have one. I wanna get ona these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-18619-Min...ht_2096wt_1141

and see if the body will fit on my SUMO.

@mychales. I've been having the same prob, running 20% as well. I did the air leak test today and it was leaking around the bolt in the crank case that holds the carb in place and around the carb slide boot. I sealed that as well as the back plates. I'm hoping thats all it is. I'm heading to the track on Monday so I'll know then if that did the trick. Keep ur fingers crossed. If thats all it is its a cheap fix.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Atomika so your thinking is that it may be a leak? i did see some bubbles at the glow plug i will do a heat test
    mychal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm think'n so. If ur not sealed well every time you throttle it, it will draw air in from the leaks causing the mix to lean out in turn causing the temp to rise.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And to add....if there is ONE thing i have learned in the last couple of weeks.....there is NO point changing/tuning ANYTHING until you get the air leaks fixed. Mine started with the fuel tank (still waiting for one) and im going to check the Engine/Carb for leaks while i wait. HOPEFULLYthen i can get it to run again!
    It will start and idle just fine...and drive around slowly but when it snuffs out every time i try to get it above half throttle.....i KNOW the gas tank is leaking, and i suspect the engine as well.

The joys of nitro off-road vehicles...yay!

Tye

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what would cause a servo to burn out ? i was about to go out for a run and wham the servo started to smoke could it be the receiver or the transmitter because i lost two other last week the just stop working, i have the fly sky fs-gt3b transmitter and receiver i knew something was wrong
    mychal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mychales

what would cause a servo to burn out ? i was about to go out for a run and wham the servo started to smoke could it be the receiver or the transmitter because i lost two other last week the just stop working, i have the fly sky fs-gt3b transmitter and receiver i knew something was wrong
    EPA's set incorrectly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the epa are at the default
    mychal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the epa are at the default
    That'sprobably your problem. There is no such thing as default when setting your endpoints. If your wheels turn to max and your default setting wants to push them farther - burnout.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EPA, servo saver not functioning, servo saver not centered properly, binding in the steering system, faulty receiver sending voltage spikes to your servo.

Check them all.
    There is NO best anything in RC. No one CARES about what is the fastest. Asking same question a million times WON\'\'T help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Seems seal'n everything up did the trick. Running between 200-215

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i thought it could be the receiver so its out cheap an RC is not always a good mix.
    mychal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@Atominka....just what did you end up sealing...the whole engine and all???? Good thing it fixed your prob...i still waiting for a fuel tank...and im going to seal all mine up in the meantime!!

Tye

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast