Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tamiya Nitrage 5.2, The Offical Thread

You have to post final pictures. I am intrigued.

I would alos love it if you could post all the parts required for the conversion as well as dimensions of the motor mount!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, no problems for the pictures, but I'll post them, when the black matte paint is cured, now its drying behind me, over the wardrobe.
    About the specs of the motormount... nothing special here, I've only used the original 4screw holes from the nitro engine on the chassiss, and the holes for the motor - 3 here. The other ones, are with no specialmeasure or something else, thats abosolutely up to you.
    The material is duralumin, 4 mm, the strongest conssistension, 74 was, if I'm not wrong, and the only one, I've had around me. The vertical part is from 2 plates, just glued in between, for the 4 fitting screws, guess you can see them - 2 at the top, and 3 at the bottom, becouse of the 2 holding screws. And every one of them is locked with thread lock TL-242.

Also I'v made last night, front lights, mounted in the 4 holes in the bumper, and the final result is just great. Also will be rear lights, mouted in the lower susp. armholes, they will be 3 in paralel on every side., all 10 LED's will be switchable, by the 3rd channel, with servo, just for contact. Thiss system is tested on my 1:10 buggy, and works fust perfect.
    Probably, tomorrow I'll finish this installation, so be prepaired

Well, ok, here ar some pics, I made few hours ago:
    here, it's ready for paint:

now, the only difference is, that it's black matte, pictures tomorrow, that's for today

Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    Tamiya Nitrage electro conv.
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, the motor mount is set and it looks great with the motor on it. Last night i made switchable from the third chanelfront and rear lights on the front bumper and on the rear lower arms wtih fewLED's, resistors, spare bateries - 2x1.2v recharable and a servo.
    Also there is a li-pobatery holder, with 4mm duralumin again, and probably it will be replaced with 3mm, for lees weight. In total it will be ~5,7 kg, so few grams less will be good anywhere to save.
    I'll upload pics later, so stay tuned
    Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Alex, how is your project comin? Just curious on how you mounted battery & esc. Been lookin at my Nitrage for this conversion and just tryin not to reinvent the wheel. Any pointers and pics would be appreciated.

-Goat-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, Goat,
    well, I've got some stuff to do, but the changes to the chassis may be finished, at this point. I've made also a wheelie bar at the back, again from dural. 3 and 4 mm, few screws and some thred lock and 2 super strong axles, from CD drive (the lens are moving on them). It's matt black, and for me, the back is already finished. (it's strange, that Tamiya didn't made wheelie, but anyone can try to make one)
    Front lights aren't the brightest, but that can be changed (now using sony rechargeable 2x 1,2v 1050 mah), probably with other batteries - standart 2x 1.5V.
    here are some pic's, where you can see the changes and the wheelie:
    after few days, I'll have better camera, so the pictures also will be better.

Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Alex, those lights look sick. Actually, the entire project is comin along rather cool. I've already put lights in the nose of the body but I like how you placed yours on the chassis (might have to relocate mine). I have mine switched via my channel 3 button as I have a Flysky GT3C controller and powered via the onboard battery. Tks again. BTW, where did you get the boots for your axles?-Goat-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, I'm glad you like the project, soon I'llpost more updates
    The boots arefrom onelocal hobby shop, they are for thunder tiger, but they fit on tamiya too.

Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So, it's time for the next update of my project "Nitrageelectro conversion"
    Today I received my battery - TURNIGY 5.0A 20-30C Hardcase. After I got myself prepraired for the stuff I need to do, I got ouside, and began with cutting and drilling. There was little modification on the black plate for the battery - it's littleexpanded, and with another part, it's connected to the holding post near the diff, as you will see below. After that I try to make upper holder by trying few fittngs, but only one fit perfect. Again I've taken my imagenation to work, and that is what I made for a few hours work:

Here's how it everything mounted:

Also, I already have a servo XQ-Power 21.8 kg :

And becouse of not well fitted body, i found a way to stop the moving of the body, on the posts:
    The front and the back:

Thats all for now, next week I'll have charger - I-max B6, and I guess in week or thwo after that, I'll have and the last part - the ESC, wich will be 150A, becouse 120A will be on the limit of the motors spec's. Also the overall weight of the model with battry onboard isonly 4.9 kg., that seems to be good news for now.

Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lookin great Alex, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the finished product.

-Goat-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, today was a BIG day, becouse, my Nitrage got it's first run ... aannddd it was the coolest thing ever !!!
    The ESC is Hobbywing 150A, with stock settings, I'll buy program card, but when it's available at my lockal RC Shop.
    I've removed the lights, from the rear, becouse there will be different positions for the different surface, so I'll reposition them soon.
    Heres the video, it's still "hot" made before 1h 15 min.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXRcOqwOSE4

p.s. sorry for the hooked picture, but I was driving and recording at the same time, and it wasn't very easy to watch 2 things, butI guess you can see how the Electro Nitrage performs on it's first run.

Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are few actual photos of the truggy, where I installed light car system for 1:10 scale, made from hobbyking. The turn sighals, are not used, just there is no space for them and I dont nned them at least for now. I'm thinking for a proper place for the quick blinking leds, but for now they are not connected ot palced on the chasiss. Everything is placed in the box - receiver, led's contorler and the "BEC" made from 4 1.5V batteries, becouse esc's bec wasn't powerfull enough to power the servo and theΒ*light's.
    The box isn.t opened, becouse the cover was forced to close andΒ*clamped and It took me a few hours to find the optimal configuration of components inside.
    Now everything works perfect if we doesnt count one little accident this morning, when I wasn't fully awake and somehow I've pushed the trigger and the truck almost ran over me and chafed my cheekbone. After this I was already awaken I was stupid event, but that proves, that this configuration have realy giant amount of power when it climb my leg, when it was almostΒ*vertical...
    Few fresh pics of my monster truggy:

Now I'm thinking for changing the shock's and diff's oil, but dont know what number to use, any suggestions ? Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKVbz9ylvP8 here is how the lights work

Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello everybody, my nitrage has some major improvements these days (staying almost a week dissassembled on the floor of my room) but I've put new bearings on the wheel shafts, and in the gear box from AVID . Also the middle diff is filled with oil, becouse when i opened it there was none oil left, so now there is 5000 cps, may be I'll put thicker soon

Also i decided to put an 1:10 onroad body, just to save the original for show-off's

The body had some cuts, but nothing serious, to change it's regular form - little cut in the front wheel arches and a bit more at the back, and cut for the wing and for the body posts, but after all, it looks pretty good in this combination. Btw, the body is bit more soft, than needed, but its not that rare like the original.

also I've added extra stickers, just for it's sporty vision.

And new shock oil, i bought 650 cps shock oilΒ*and 5k for the diffs, but it was like the old one - too soft, so i decided to refill the shocks with diff oil. There is a BIG difference between before and now. The chassis cant touch the ground, when it falls, from 2-3 feet.

there is one picture of the truggy:

the last impovement is that last two days, I was working on a skid plates at the front and at the back, new a bit longer screws and it looks realy good now. pictures will be uploadedΒ*tomorrow

P.S. I'm sorry for the mess around the truck, but it was done at 3 a.m. and I was dying for some sleep...Here are the pictures: http://mishka1675.snimka.bg/hobby/ta...42798.30852648
    Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hello, guys, last weekend, I've visit another track in the mountines near my city (about 135 km away), wich was new for me, and there was 1 realy high jump. It was awsome, to see an RC flying over 2,5 meters, over the ground, but it had its consequences over the front lower arms on my nitrage. They got a bit curvy, and one of them just broke around the 4mm pin. I couldn't find any spares left in ebay, so here is my last hope, before going to a spinner, to make them from alluminium, but this the last thing to do with this part. So, does anyone have 2 spare lower arms to sell me (contact me on PM) ??? ( if im not in violation if some rules here) please help me ...
    Now driving:
    Ofna JL10e - drifting
    In the pit:
    Cen TR4
    FS racing buggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    A long time since anyone posted on this Thread. Have you all gone ?? I still have my two Nitrages. I fired one up only last week. started after around 5 seconds, not bad to say shes been standing for quite a while, ran her and didnt even need a tune up. great run, so very pleased I hung onto them.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839