Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

RACING TRUGGY? LOSI, XRAY, MUGEN?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RACING TRUGGY? LOSI, XRAY, MUGEN?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:07 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: RACING TRUGGY? LOSI, XRAY, MUGEN?

The JR Z590 is identical to the Spektrum Z590....... At least I hope so.. I just installed a Spektrum Z590 to replace the JR 590 I busted in my LST2.. The LST2 uses two of them for steering....
Old 12-13-2007, 11:16 AM
slayerphonics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

The JR Z590 is identical to the Spektrum Z590....... At least I hope so.. I just installed a Spektrum Z590 to replace the JR 590 I busted in my LST2.. The LST2 uses two of them for steering....
then its not the 590z cause that only has 85oz - Losi swaped it to an upgraded JR servo maybe the 650z i'm at work ATM so i don't have my info with me, I could be wrong though

I did alot of research before i bought mine
Old 12-13-2007, 09:26 PM
dr.bjm

I just got my 8t RTR yesterday direct from Losi and it came with the spektrum 270 or throttle and the JR Z590M for steering.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:22 AM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Yep, same servo, different colour case
Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 AM
badaml

Back on topic, buy the mugen. Why? All a matter of perspective, so look at it from this one: Everyone has a favorite, and a least favorite. Some love the losi, some hate it. Nobody ever has anything bad to say about the mugen, that should tell you something.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Jatohulk

ORIGINAL: badaml

Back on topic, buy the mugen. Why? All a matter of perspective, so look at it from this one: Everyone has a favorite, and a least favorite. Some love the losi, some hate it. Nobody ever has anything bad to say about the mugen, that should tell you something.

What kinda of statement is that " Nobody ever has anything bad to say about the mugen, that should tell you something." the same goes for Xray brand. Remember not everybody can buy a mugen because of the price...
Old 12-14-2007, 11:22 AM
luisev

It all boils down to dollars and what you're looking for.

If you want an RTR you can't beat the 8ight RTR. The 427 engine is strong and holds a tune very well, comes with a Spectrum radio (you can replace the servos later) and I've seen club racers succed with it right out of the box. No other RTR comes with a Spectrum type radio so keep that in mind.

Any truggy mentioned in this thread will serve you well and after a point it all boils down to skill. No matter what truggy is deemed as the best, if you're skills aren't there then does it really matter if you drive a Losi, Mugen, Kysosho, Jammin or Xray? The way I look at it is take a look at what you currently have or need and take it from there. If money is an issue and you need electronics and an engine then an RTR is the way to go as you can always upgrade parts along the way. Also keep in mind what your LHS carries as it would suck to wait a few weeks for replacement parts.

I've seen racers win with all the truggies mentioned thus far and some even with the TT ST-1. At the end it all boils down to skill and a little bit of luck... a flame out or a broken part can take out the best of the best...
Old 12-14-2007, 05:04 PM
ttoks

A better alloy for the chassis in the prokit? doesn't make sense, do you have proof that losi uses a different composite of material on their RTRs?
yes, losi claims them self, they use stamped alloy on the RTR, and machined 7075 T6 alloy in the race rollor.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:39 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: dr.bjm

I just got my 8t RTR yesterday direct from Losi and it came with the spektrum 270 or throttle and the JR Z590M for steering.
I just got my Losi 8ight RTR and it came with a JR650z steering servo and here are photos, all this false info on these forums blows
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88096.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	826184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98170.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	826185  
Old 12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
JSRacer

Slayerphonics, I read this whole thread and was just about ready to say hey doesn't it come with a 650 for steering!!?? But here's your post at the end.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
ttoks

i have no idea what mine came with, as soon as i got it i put a hitec 985 in for the steering and 625 for the throttle, and gave the stock steering to a young kid at the bash spot who blew the steering servo in his hyper 7, but 3 months later and whatever that servo is is still serving him very well.