Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RACING TRUGGY? LOSI, XRAY, MUGEN?

The JR Z590 is identical to the Spektrum Z590....... At least I hope so.. I just installed a Spektrum Z590 to replace the JR 590 I busted in my LST2.. The LST2 uses two of them for steering....
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

The JR Z590 is identical to the Spektrum Z590....... At least I hope so.. I just installed a Spektrum Z590 to replace the JR 590 I busted in my LST2.. The LST2 uses two of them for steering....
    then its not the 590z cause that only has 85oz - Losi swaped it to an upgraded JR servo maybe the 650z i'm at work ATM so i don't have my info with me, I could be wrong though

I did alot of research before i bought mine
    There\'s a right way and wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is trying to make everybody else do it the right way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got my 8t RTR yesterday direct from Losi and it came with the spektrum 270 or throttle and the JR Z590M for steering.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Yep, same servo, different colour case
    Inferno MP9**Inferno ST-RR**Losi LST2**
    V-One RRR Evo WC Team**Losi Micro-T**

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Back on topic, buy the mugen. Why? All a matter of perspective, so look at it from this one: Everyone has a favorite, and a least favorite. Some love the losi, some hate it. Nobody ever has anything bad to say about the mugen, that should tell you something.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: badaml

Back on topic, buy the mugen. Why? All a matter of perspective, so look at it from this one: Everyone has a favorite, and a least favorite. Some love the losi, some hate it. Nobody ever has anything bad to say about the mugen, that should tell you something.

What kinda of statement is that " Nobody ever has anything bad to say about the mugen, that should tell you something." the same goes for Xray brand. Remember not everybody can buy a mugen because of the price...
    IT\'\'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL YOU SMACK INTO THE WALL AND BRAKE SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It all boils down to dollars and what you're looking for.

If you want an RTR you can't beat the 8ight RTR. The 427 engine is strong and holds a tune very well, comes with a Spectrum radio (you can replace the servos later) and I've seen club racers succed with it right out of the box. No other RTR comes with a Spectrum type radio so keep that in mind.

Any truggy mentioned in this thread will serve you well and after a point it all boils down to skill. No matter what truggy is deemed as the best, if you're skills aren't there then does it really matter if you drive a Losi, Mugen, Kysosho, Jammin or Xray? The way I look at it is take a look at what you currently have or need and take it from there. If money is an issue and you need electronics and an engine then an RTR is the way to go as you can always upgrade parts along the way. Also keep in mind what your LHS carries as it would suck to wait a few weeks for replacement parts.

I've seen racers win with all the truggies mentioned thus far and some even with the TT ST-1. At the end it all boils down to skill and a little bit of luck... a flame out or a broken part can take out the best of the best...
    Go Tech, JConcepts, Upgrade RC Dealer
    www.rcloverz.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A better alloy for the chassis in the prokit? doesn't make sense, do you have proof that losi uses a different composite of material on their RTRs?
    yes, losi claims them self, they use stamped alloy on the RTR, and machined 7075 T6 alloy in the race rollor.
    \"If everything feels under control, you\'\'re not going fast enough\"-Mario Andreti.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dr.bjm

I just got my 8t RTR yesterday direct from Losi and it came with the spektrum 270 or throttle and the JR Z590M for steering.
    I just got my Losi 8ight RTR and it came with a JR650z steering servo and here are photos, all this false info on these forums blows
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec88096.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	826184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ie98170.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	826185  
    There\'s a right way and wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is trying to make everybody else do it the right way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Slayerphonics, I read this whole thread and was just about ready to say hey doesn't it come with a 650 for steering!!?? But here's your post at the end.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have no idea what mine came with, as soon as i got it i put a hitec 985 in for the steering and 625 for the throttle, and gave the stock steering to a young kid at the bash spot who blew the steering servo in his hyper 7, but 3 months later and whatever that servo is is still serving him very well.
    \"If everything feels under control, you\'\'re not going fast enough\"-Mario Andreti.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12