Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

JUST STARTED BUILDING A TRACK IN MY BACKYARD!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

JUST STARTED BUILDING A TRACK IN MY BACKYARD!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:07 AM
rican25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JUST STARTED BUILDING A TRACK IN MY BACKYARD!!

bro nevermind the cement idea unless there is some new "soft cement" that I dont know about. take the soft, dusty, fl. sugar sand any day....
Old 01-08-2008, 12:09 AM
vnmsgt

I know, I was just curious as to what exactly he meant or was thinking. Maybe he meant something else by mistake.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:48 AM
azzman

...the cement thing was just a joke (concrete jumps!!!)...Its just I dont see those jumps holding up, they seem really powdery...hey what about some astro turf/fake grass on the jumps...?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 AM
vnmsgt

I know they look like they will not hold up now but after the rain last night and some watering packing them down they will harden them up. I just put the dirt down when you saw it so nothing was watered or anything yet. The was just a first test run to see if I liked it.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Vigilante212

ORIGINAL: azzman

...the cement thing was just a joke (concrete jumps!!!)...Its just I dont see those jumps holding up, they seem really powdery...hey what about some astro turf/fake grass on the jumps...?

A hobby shop that has a track about an hour from me did this they mixed there dirt with cement for their jumps and put a thin layer of regualr dirt on top. The jumps are harder then ****. Good for only breaking parts IMO.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
vnmsgt

Well you think it would be that bad only on the jumps you take off on but not the landings. I really do not see how the take off jump being real hard would hurt anything. Not that I am going to do this but just curious.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Tweedybird

looks great Vnm. what's the address, my crew and I will be there come spring time!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
azzman

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

ORIGINAL: azzman

A hobby shop that has a track about an hour from me did this they mixed there dirt with cement for their jumps and put a thin layer of regualr dirt on top. The jumps are harder then ****. Good for only breaking parts IMO.
Well it probably wouldnt be any harder than hardpacked clay, and on the jump takeoffs I couldnt see it being a problem...the local track around here use the fake grass on some of the jump faces to keep them intact.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Vigilante212

clay still has a little give cement doesnt I know I stand 9 hours a day on it lol.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Jatohulk

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Just finished putting the piping down on a track I am making in my backyard! Here is a small video of it. I do not have it staked down yet because I have a friend coming tomorrow with a bobcat to make some jumps. Ran my Hyper ST Pro on it to see if I liked it and it seems pretty good. Where the two homemade jumps are there are going to be dirt jumps and along the straight on the right side of the track I think I am putting some whoops in. I anyone has any suggestions for other jumps or something before he comes tomorrow let me know. By the way my wife took the video, not bad for her first time

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ME4eIHgio4[/link]
Hey vnmsgt can I come over to run on your track I live in miami FL how close are you from me???
Old 01-09-2008, 07:11 AM
vnmsgt

I am a more than a couple of hours north away from you. I am about 15 minutes east of orlando close to I-4 and 27.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
BIGAIRBEN

Wow turned out pretty good.. I like it need to race on it this weekend to be sure...
Old 01-10-2008, 01:42 PM
cobra26

vnmsgt,

Congratulations, you've built yourself a really nice track! It will give you lots of great times and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished there. Have a ball!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:36 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: BIGAIRBEN

Wow turned out pretty good.. I like it need to race on it this weekend to be sure...
hhmmmmm..... I sense the force is strong in you[sm=sleeping.gif]

Congratulations, you've built yourself a really nice track! It will give you lots of great times and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished there. Have a ball!!!
Thanks, hopefully will only get better and more fun. Will run with some friends this weekend for the first time.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:16 PM
vnmsgt

Here are two vids of my running for the first time after getting some more dirt put down on the jumps and adding a couple jumps and berms. Driving sucks I know[] but I was getting used to it and got better later. Just waiting for it to rain to pack some of the dirt down now.

Thanks to Dennis at Clermont Hobby for helping me out with everything on the jumps and stuff!

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4wkitYe7U[/link]
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-uCqBorzk[/link]
Old 01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
madmax22

vnmsgt looking alot better. im digging those jumps! good job! now GO BURN SOME NITRO[>:]
Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
rican25

hmmm if I can get my 32 in the truck in time and the new servo....... hmmmm I may have to try that place out. Now I just have to figure out where on the track that I want to go flying around the owner at.
LOL Not yet, I'm still the grasshopper.... NICE work bro!!! Dennis came through BIG!!!! I will run by Home Depot or Lowes and see if I can find that landscaping stuff for around the end pieces of the track I was telling you about. I didnt see the two bumps in the turns you were telling me about tho. have to watch the vids again. later man.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:12 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: rican25

hmmm if I can get my 32 in the truck in time and the new servo....... hmmmm I may have to try that place out. Now I just have to figure out where on the track that I want to go flying around the owner at.
LOL Not yet, I'm still the grasshopper.... NICE work bro!!! Dennis came through BIG!!!! I will run by Home Depot or Lowes and see if I can find that landscaping stuff for around the end pieces of the track I was telling you about. I didnt see the two bumps in the turns you were telling me about tho. have to watch the vids again. later man.
The bumps are right before the straight that comes toward the camera and to the jump into the pit. You can see me go through them slow and mess up alot.[:@]
Old 01-22-2008, 10:13 PM
snoking16

dang that track is looking good. i wish i had some room to do something like that.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:18 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Now come build one in my backyard. :P

I wish I could, we've got a backhoe just kinda sitting in our front yard...I could totally dig up a track in the back with that. xD
Old 01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
vnmsgt

I was wanting to build one for awhile but never did it. My friend got me one day to finally go buy the piping and the rest is history. Once I started then I had to keep going till what you see. I have 600 feet of piping right now for this track.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
rican25

i see them in the first video but not the second.... no comment on me blowing by you huh? hmmmm im feeling confident now!! looks good man cant wait to run on it. wouldve had my 32 in by now but this RN is coming my way to ummmm give me a check up!!! gotta love those nurses!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:25 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Haha.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:34 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: rican25

i see them in the first video but not the second.... no comment on me blowing by you huh? hmmmm im feeling confident now!! looks good man cant wait to run on it. wouldve had my 32 in by now but this RN is coming my way to ummmm give me a check up!!! gotta love those nurses!!!
You are getting alot better at driving! Me and benny were talking about that when you were there. Couple more weeks and you could be getting real close!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:23 PM
rican25

as much as I hate it... its probably because I only run on the track and I dont bash much at all... my nephew has run my Savage X more than I have the last few times out with it!! He even says its his now!!! I shouldve brought the Savage to Panama with me to run on the beach!! that would be fun slinging that sand all over!! oh well if it makes me a better driver I guess I will stick with it a little longer until I can drive well enough to bash again and not get into any bad habits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.