Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

JUST STARTED BUILDING A TRACK IN MY BACKYARD!!

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

JUST STARTED BUILDING A TRACK IN MY BACKYARD!!

Old 01-06-2008, 05:00 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST STARTED BUILDING A TRACK IN MY BACKYARD!!

Just finished putting the piping down on a track I am making in my backyard! Here is a small video of it. I do not have it staked down yet because I have a friend coming tomorrow with a bobcat to make some jumps. Ran my Hyper ST Pro on it to see if I liked it and it seems pretty good. Where the two homemade jumps are there are going to be dirt jumps and along the straight on the right side of the track I think I am putting some whoops in. I anyone has any suggestions for other jumps or something before he comes tomorrow let me know. By the way my wife took the video, not bad for her first time

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ME4eIHgio4[/link]
Old 01-06-2008, 05:13 PM
{GBI}Harryball

Default RE: JUST STARTED BUILDING A TRACK IN MY BACKYARD!!

Thats nice, I wish i had the space for something like that. Keep us posted, i would like to see the finished product.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
rican25

Sweet man!! you did a lot of work on it today!!! I didnt think you would go that far with the jumps still coming in later this week. it looks great, I really like the layout but the jump closest to us in the video seems like if you hit it fast enough you are going to land off the track! maybe a little hump there? I wanted to come uut but had some stuff to do around here and then the whole servo thing oh btw I just PMed you about that. Lovin the track man. see you next weekend.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
jombo

does that mean a race party at your house . nice track it seems like you are pretty good there too, great job
Old 01-06-2008, 06:43 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: jombo

does that mean a race party at your house . nice track it seems like you are pretty good there too, great job
YEAH MAN!!! I have to go and get some tables for the back for everyone to put there stuff on when they come. It's not like some of the local tracks with clay and stuff and seems like a really fun track especially when I get the dirt jumps in tomorrow. Also something new for some people instead of going to the same tracks everyweek.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

Awesome man! I would really make the track a bit wider or larger in size if you could spare the space.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:30 PM
vnmsgt

I do have the space to make it bigger and it would be nice but I do not have a drivers stand built at all. Right now you have to just stand on the ground and drive, that is why I picked the highest part of my property to stand and drive for now. If I made it bigger you would have a hard time seeing. I guess that will be my next project, to build a drivers stand and then I can expand the track some.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Vigilante212

Cool track, BTW it sounds like your engine is really rich.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Snaut Rocket

So are you going to spread dirt over the whole track.
THat make it better.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:45 PM
madmax22

That grass wont be there very long. I built a really small one in my back yard only 1 jump and 3 turns.... passes the time. swet vid BTW
Old 01-06-2008, 11:23 PM
spikeman

looks nice.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:36 AM
calvino

consider banking the turns, that helps a TON[8D]
Old 01-07-2008, 04:15 AM
azzman

Awesome track...great work...there is one thing you should consider IMO...change the far end (nearest your pick-up) so that the straight starts at the furthest away point and make the corner (the one that joins the two back straights) a bigger radius, that way you will have a longer straight that you can almost pin the throttle the whole way.

Also, I dont agree with banking the corners, you wont gain anything...who rides the outside of a turn, the fastest way around is cutting the apex...will just waste a lot of dirt that could be used for the jumps.

Great work man...I want a place with some land...I had it when I was a kid but didnt have the RC...now I have the RC but not the land...go figure!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:23 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool.. Jeeze - really makes me want to get my Hyper ST Pro on a track...

I've never raced before, and would think it cool to see some more unconventional track layouts - for ex. a jump over another part of the track.. Kind of a figure-8 or something worked into the layout.. So, trucks racing down the straight, and other trucks jumping over it.. I think banked turns are cool too.. I like the little down-hill and back up straights you've got there...

Looks cool how you have it though.. Wish I had something like that..
Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 AM
vnmsgt

Thanks for your input guys. Hopefully in a hour or so I will be working on the jumps today
ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

Cool track, BTW it sounds like your engine is really rich.
Yeah funny thing is all of a sudden it got REAL rich today, had to lean it out about a half turn and still is a little rich. The motor has been a good bit low on compression for awhile and figure it is starting to go and not burning all the fuel up in the motor when running it causing me to lean it out. Stalled a couple of times on me unexptectedly after getting up to only 185 degrees. Trying to wear it out pretty good before I rebuild it.

That grass wont be there very long. I built a really small one in my back yard only 1 jump and 3 turns.... passes the time. swet vid BTW
I am hoping to wear the grass out. I think if I had it dug up to the dirt it would be too soft and sandy. I figured after running on it the grass will not grow too much anyways and stay pretty short.

Awesome track...great work...there is one thing you should consider IMO...change the far end (nearest your pick-up) so that the straight starts at the furthest away point and make the corner (the one that joins the two back straights) a bigger radius, that way you will have a longer straight that you can almost pin the throttle the whole way.

Also, I dont agree with banking the corners, you wont gain anything...who rides the outside of a turn, the fastest way around is cutting the apex...will just waste a lot of dirt that could be used for the jumps.

Great work man...I want a place with some land...I had it when I was a kid but didnt have the RC...now I have the RC but not the land...go figure!
I was going to make it longer like you said, closer to the truck (Have to get rid of that piece, been sitting for almost 15 years!) The problem I have is when I go that far out without having a drivers stand it gets a little hard to judge where you car is. I need to build a drivers stand. As of now you are just standing on the ground. I agree with you about banked turns. They are neat but I like turns flat, think it is more fun sliding around and you have to be on your brakes more and I like to cut the apex's too real sharp.

Very cool.. Jeeze - really makes me want to get my Hyper ST Pro on a track...

I've never raced before, and would think it cool to see some more unconventional track layouts - for ex. a jump over another part of the track.. Kind of a figure-8 or something worked into the layout.. So, trucks racing down the straight, and other trucks jumping over it.. I think banked turns are cool too.. I like the little down-hill and back up straights you've got there...

Looks cool how you have it though.. Wish I had something like that.
I am actually going to take the dip down and make it steeper like you are jumping into it and coming out make it more like a jump coming out hopefully.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
azzman

I didnt mean make the track bigger I just meant start the straight right from the edge of the track instead of now how you have a good 10 feet or more you could actually use for your straight...

Yea Patrick I agree...a table top over part of the track would bee way cool...

Hey for a drivers stand just move the pick-up and sit on the roof...
Old 01-07-2008, 03:48 PM
jombo

I am hoping to wear the grass out. I think if I had it dug up to the dirt it would be too soft and sandy. I figured after running on it the grass will not grow too much anyways and stay pretty short.
you dont need to wait, a gallon of red wine vinigar or white wine vinigar will kill everything. thats what i use because round up is way too expencive and your not putting toxic chemicals in the ground...
man i wish i did live near you i could be there helping out
Old 01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
vnmsgt

Hey for a drivers stand just move the pick-up and sit on the roof...
That's a good one! LOL I just got all the dirt jumps and whoops put in and ran a couple of tanks. Took some videos and will post soon. I just have to water the jumps down to compact the dirt and make it harder. Other than that is alot of fun.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
vnmsgt

Here are two vids of the track right after I got the dirt jumps put in and worked on them some. Have not watered them down yet but it just got done raining so that should help some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2FFPlX40QY

This video is from the other side of the track so you can see that better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdVAEfudtdY
Old 01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
unluckylonestar

you gotta love florida and all that sand
Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 PM
vnmsgt

I know! There is all kinds of clay around me in different properties but none on mine[:@] Should be better once is gets packed down some more I hope.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
rican25

nice!!! I like the drop off into the pit!! really nice layout, the jumps came out great!! let me know how I can help this weekend and I should be free at least Sat. I think the family is got something going on for Sun.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 PM
azzman

Man thats getting better and better! Lip thet ramp coming back up the dropoff so you can get some more air...hey how about adding some cement to that sand...give it a water and hey presto...
Old 01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
rican25

azzman.... cement?!! be braking parts left and right then! I was thinking maybe some clay but even without all the breakage, that would get expensive.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:57 PM
vnmsgt

cement?! Tell me exactly what you are talking about because I have no idea! cement?![sm=confused.gif]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.