Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Some information?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:31 PM
INTEGRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some information?

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Ive always thought that theres always some kinda dirt in the tank, also wouldnt the exhaust gasses going into the tank be like not good lol.?

.....Nail....Head....right on the.......something like that i think....HAh...nah man u got 1 100%...the exhaust pressurizing and depressurizing is forcing "dirty" air into the tank...turnin that fuel bad.....think what u want madmax22...we all know ur gonna do it ur way or the highway.....but the dirt...I gues if hes bleeding it through the filter that would mean no dirt...but still the fuel is junk....and whats the point in saving like 1/2 -1/4 a tank....thats like what 1.00$ worth of fuel...
Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 PM
ericem

SO technically that means we can not run our vehicles. BECUASE IT IS ALWAYS USING EXHAUST CONTAMINATED PRESSURE!!!

I will do it madmax's way.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:47 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: ericem

SO technically that means we can not run our vehicles. BECUASE IT IS ALWAYS USING EXHAUST CONTAMINATED PRESSURE!!!

I will do it madmax's way.

WHAT!!.....mg man get over urself's.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:48 PM
ericem

Exactly what I said........
Old 01-13-2008, 07:32 PM
madmax22

I never saw any performance drop, eng. wear, temp changes and i have done that a lot......so yea so what your saying is 1nce it starts the fuel thats in the tank goes bad????
Old 01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
ericem

According to him..........
Old 01-13-2008, 08:09 PM
INTEGRA

do u leave the lid off ur fuel bottle ?

thats basically what the fuel in the tank is doing......think about it.....sheesh...its like explaining to 2 yr olds.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
twomanytoys

Its not like leaving the cap off of the fuel bottle. The tank is sealed from DIRECT AIR and it wont hurt to sit for a week in the tank. I have been in nitro rc for over 15yrs and have never had a problem with leaving some fuel in the tank for a week. Its NOT going to hurt. You guys act like its going to blow up the engine or something. If anything it wont start at all because of the loss of nitro. I run my trucks at least every weekend if not every other and more times than not I will have fuel left over in the tank. Then when that happens I just top it off the next week.
The question was will it hurt anything to leave some fuel in the tank for a few days and the answer is NO!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

Its not like leaving the cap off of the fuel bottle. The tank is sealed from DIRECT AIR and it wont hurt to sit for a week in the tank. I have been in nitro rc for over 15yrs and have never had a problem with leaving some fuel in the tank for a week. Its NOT going to hurt. You guys act like its going to blow up the engine or something. If anything it wont start at all because of the loss of nitro. I run my trucks at least every weekend if not every other and more times than not I will have fuel left over in the tank. Then when that happens I just top it off the next week.
The question was will it hurt anything to leave some fuel in the tank for a few days and the answer is NO!!!

No but when guys like madmax22 start saying they empty there used fuel thats been in the tank all day back into the gallon isnt ok....thats what im tryin to get across...and how is ir tank sealed from air might i ask....isnt ur exhaust line into a Pipe...that Isnt sealed...HRmmm ....how can that be Air tight....I dunno..Maby cuz its NOT.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
twomanytoys

Did I say it was air tight? I dont think I did. I said its sealed from DIRECT air (open cap) . The exhaust line is not sufficient enough to let in alot of air unlike the cap being off. I get your point about putting used fuel back into the bottle but I dont think enough nitro will evaporate through the exhaust tube to cause it not to run right but in no way will it hurt the truck. That was the question.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
INTEGRA

air is air man....it dont matter if its a Thin tube or A Sewer line....it still spoils the fuel...u have ur oppinion...and i have mine...plain and simple....and thx for seeing the point about trying to reuse Fuel in the tank....it might not hurt the truck...but the motor ya.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
new2drifing

hmmm well to try and get back to a question. If i got a truggy and wanted to kinda mess around and race with it what would be your best pick for on a budget of a bout $250?
Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 PM
madmax22

Wow dude if its going to make such a "big" difference if it sits in there overnight......... I would only throw 1/2 tank out if i have a $400 motor but i have a stocker for now so im not that worried..........
Old 01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
ericem

lol speaking of fuel caps that were off. I forgot to put the cap back on my gallon of fuel when I had a run yesterday [X(] Oh no! The fuel is garbage, absolute garbage!! [&:]

Ok lets agree with integra, fuel goes bad instantly, and fuel sitting in a gas tank is bad.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
INTEGRA

i

lol speaking of fuel caps that were off. I forgot to put the cap back on my gallon of fuel when I had a run yesterday [X(] Oh no! The fuel is garbage, absolute garbage!! [&:]

Ok lets agree with integra, fuel goes bad instantly, and fuel sitting in a gas tank is bad.

I absolutely Give up.....I prey 1 day i make it out east to race and we get a chace to meet....Guarenteed u would'nt be soo rude to my face.......w/e dood...think what u want...Do what u want....I DONT CARE.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:01 PM
twomanytoys

newtdrifting,

The absolute best truggy for the money is the thunder tiger st1. Great out of the box and ready to race with some adjustments. Its built like a tank and the engine will last a very long time. Ask anyone with the ttr st1 and they will tell you 100% awsome truggy. A MAin has them on sale and I posted some codes to get it in your price range. You wont find a better truck anywhere for the price period!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53833.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	850663  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
ericem

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

i

I absolutely Give up.....I prey 1 day i make it out east to race and we get a chace to meet....Guarenteed u would'nt be soo rude to my face.......w/e dood...think what u want...Do what u want....I DONT CARE.
I know, so what? lol. Want to meet up sometime

Oh wait I remember you. Your that guy who does professional carbon fiber work. I saw your savage and that LST chassis you did for Dawgbone on LSTforums.

Dude I am just kidding, just from my experience I have never had a issue with leaving fuel in my tank. That's all, I am sure there is some loss of chemicals since it can evaporate to some degree.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:12 PM
twomanytoys

Well lets see how long you can breath through a sewer line then through a fuel line. Small line=less air=less evaporation. Large line=more air=more evaporation.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:18 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

Well lets see how long you can breath through a sewer line then through a fuel line. Small line=less air=less evaporation. Large line=more air=more evaporation.

its still evaporation!!!!!...like i said AIR IS FREEKIN AIR>...MG its like u guys have 2" thick armour plating on ur heads.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:20 PM
twomanytoys

Yes it is but it still wont hurt the engine to let it sit for a week. Like you said we have opinions. Im done!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 AM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't feed the troll's!!!!!!!!.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:33 AM
qaiz

I thought that leaving fuel in the tank attracts moisture and stuff happens.

The other day I left like about half a tank in , didnt run it for 3 days (damn weather), and my glow plug got all weird, wont fire up straight and has rust spots all over.

I replaced the glow plug and everythings fine...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:36 AM
qaiz

Old 01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
os v-spec

AE does race the ST-1 as there pro race truggy...... I can run laps over 8ight-t's at the track. All I did was use the suspension tuning pieces and adjust the turnbuckles. It has a lot more to do with the driver's physic's knowledge.
HAHA man you crack me up.....you just said you can beat any 8T with your pile of thunder JUNK.......MAN that is the funnyest thing i have ever herd
Old 01-14-2008, 04:15 PM
ericem

Trust me dude it has a lot more to do with driving technique and the mill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.