Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

A option?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Vigilante212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A option?

Hot bodies and hpi are the same company pretty much. it would be better then that first truck you asked about im sure of that .
Old 01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
madmax22

that hotbodys is a MT so yea its a good MT but ur in the truggy forums... when you going to the LHS?????????
Old 01-19-2008, 08:57 AM
new2drifing

well im going today so we will see if I will be the new owner of a Thunder TIger ST-1. And Thanks for the info on hot bodies cause i didnt know any thing about them so no i do lol
Old 01-19-2008, 03:31 PM
new2drifing

well turns out im not the new owner of a st-1...I talked to my dad about it on the way to my lhs and he said that if they hobby shop didnt have it he wont order it online. SO turns out the hobby shop didnt have it. I have a question about another rc company, Is XTM's products any good because they had a XTM Mammoth ST there and the guy said it was a truggy and it looked like it to me but i just want to check with every one here and try adn get some infor on it. This is the truck http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Prod...Code=GBL145619 Now is it a Monster or a Truggy? And is it worth it? Or should I try adn get soemthing else
Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 PM
ericem

BADDD truggy very weak, VERY heavy all you will have is problems. Was a badly designed vehicle.

What trucks did they have??
Old 01-19-2008, 05:13 PM
new2drifing

well they have quite a bit of selection but I dont really remember what all they had but they had Traxxs trucks and what not ummm Team losi, and a bunch others. Now one more question is the Lightning Stadium 10 pro any good? the reason im asking bout the XTM mammoth st is because it was about 10 bucks less then the TT ST-1 from Amain
Old 01-19-2008, 07:07 PM
new2drifing

....okay.....i have been reading and reading for atleast 4 hours on the XTM mammoth St and all i can say is I dont think i can get a decent truggy. My budget has increased to $350 though. I cant the the TT ST-1 because my dad wont order anything online for me. I feel as if im stuck. Would somebody please help me. My local hobby shop's both carry alot of Traxxas and Duratrax parts. I really want to get into nitro but I dont want a Bugg. I would absolutly love a Truggy or even a Truck in 1/8th scale.

Some one please help me lol.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:11 PM
snoking16

sorry to tell you dude...but it doesnt sound good if you cant buy online. why wont ur dad let you buy online?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Vigilante212

ORIGINAL: new2drifing

well turns out im not the new owner of a st-1...I talked to my dad about it on the way to my lhs and he said that if they hobby shop didnt have it he wont order it online. SO turns out the hobby shop didnt have it. I have a question about another rc company, Is XTM's products any good because they had a XTM Mammoth ST there and the guy said it was a truggy and it looked like it to me but i just want to check with every one here and try adn get some infor on it. This is the truck http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Prod...Code=GBL145619 Now is it a Monster or a Truggy? And is it worth it? Or should I try adn get soemthing else

Why not just have the hobby shop order it for you? Most would be happy to if it means they get a customer.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:53 PM
snoking16

some LHS's dont have accounts with certain manufactures...hopefully his does.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:54 PM
new2drifing

........THATS WHAT I FORGOT........i tottaly forgot to ask them if they would order it......I was starting to think i would just screw getting a truggy and get a traxxas revo. What problems are associated with the TT ST-1. I have read threw the st-1 fourms and have some knowledge about it but if their are any tips or waht not what are they. Tomoro Im going to call a different hobby shop near me or i might just go over to them on monday.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Vigilante212

even if they dont have an account setup they might set one up. My LHS is setting up an acount with xray because I asked them to order me a xb8.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:03 AM
slayerphonics

I have a revo, and after driving a truggy and wasting 1000 dollars on a go nowhere revo.. I would never recommend buying a revo.. unless you like to waster money get frustrated and not have fun
Old 01-21-2008, 07:33 PM
new2drifing

Okay im Most likley going to go with the Thunder Tiger ST-1 If every thing goes all right. But if things dont I want to have a back up in mind and I was just wounder what any one thought about the -Hot Bodies Lighting Stadium Sport- It looks like a truggy to me but is it a truck, adn even so is it any good? Would any one recomend it for just messing around? And possibly race with and upgrade?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:43 PM
new2drifing

well i knwo i asked the question above eirlier but im just trying to get as many opinions as possible
Old 01-21-2008, 08:18 PM
madmax22

Well....... ask to see if he can get you a ST-1. dont get the revo OR t-maxx...... like slayer they eat $$$$.......... I have about $300 in my mosly stock t-maxx 2.5 from broken parts..............
Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
ericem

You know what, doesn't look bad at all! Still has only 6mm axles with small bearings compared to the ST-1 with 8mm axles and huge bearings. I don't think it uses CV's thoughout the whole truck either. The ST-1 has CV's on every wheel and for each driveshaft.

Also looks like a force .26 motor. Which isn't really a good motor lol. The ST-1 has a very well built long lasting .28 motor.

Also the ST-1 has 2 high torque metal geared servo's 1 for steering and one for throttle. The hot bodies has only 1 high torque servo and it doesn't say whether it is metal gear or not, nor does it give specs.

Also in general the quality of a Thunder Tiger vehicle is usually better then a Hot bodies vehicle.

This is just my opinion of course. I know there kit is pretty nice.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
madmax22

+1 to ericem
Old 01-21-2008, 08:45 PM
new2drifing

Well this is just a back up incase for some reason i cant get teh ST-1. My lhs has products from thuder tiger but the only problem is i would have to pay the expensive part. That is if Amain rasies the price on it between now and lets say march at the latest.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
mtbkym01

The Lightning Stadium is a truggy, despite what anyone here says, and will do a very good job for you. The ST-1 is a much better buy at the moment, but not for $600+ if that is what it would cost to order it in at your LHS. The original Lightning Stadium range were the first "Truggies" released onto the market, and are considered to be very durable, from memory you are just gonna bash it right?, not really into competitive pro racing, so the HB would be fine for you, again a much better option than the original one you posted in this thread. Good luck, I hope it works out for you[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 01-21-2008, 09:07 PM
new2drifing

Okay the good thing is though i can put the ST-1 on layaway if i really had to and I might dabble in racing once in a while to give it a try. So if all doesnt fail im giong to try my absolute hardest to get the ST-1
Old 01-22-2008, 01:58 AM
mtbkym01

good choice[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-22-2008, 04:00 AM
azzman

I would just work on your Dad a bit more to order the ST-1 from Amain...it really is the way to go...[X(]