Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

LOSI 8-T THROTTLE SERVOS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:16 PM
BIGAIRBEN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOSI 8-T THROTTLE SERVOS

I AM NEW TO THE LOSI WORLD IAM HAVING SOME TROUBLE WITH THROTTLE SERVOS WENT THROUGH THREE SO FAR[:@]...THE FIRST WAS THE STOCK ONE NO BIG DEAL THERE NO GOOD ANYWAY BUT I UP GRADED TO A HITEC 645MG AND LOST IT AS WELL. AS WELL AS A 590SPECTRUM SO IS THIS A NORMAL THING WITH THE LOSI OR AM I MISSING SOMETING ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT..THANKS
Old 01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
vnmsgt

Default RE: LOSI 8-T THROTTLE SERVOS

I think your missing something but I am not telling you what! LOL Did you put that o-ring under the battery box like on the buggy yet. That is the only think I know of that people do and some people still have that same problem afterwards. Did you check on the losi forums?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 AM
INTEGRA

guarenteed u have the linkages outta wack...the losi is by far the worst at needing a 100% flawless linkage...if its cocked in 1 way or another its gonna lock up and take the servo out with it.....the only way to bypass this problem is to take the time to set-up the linkages properly and to get a good high end servo...NOT the o-ring trick...thats a Bandaid on a serious issue that can be easily solved.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:51 AM
haasjj

Check out the two links below and follow the instructions. Do you have a radio with end point adjustments also called ATV or travel adjustment, if not these won't help you but you will continue to burn out servo's. I did this and have not lost a single servo yet.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...e_Addendum.pdf

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...ndum_LoRes.pdf
Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 AM
vnmsgt

He is running a spektrum.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

Yea, you need to set your EPAs.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 AM
slayerphonics

Combination of problems most likely.. EPA and linkage setup... also make sure the carb is ligned up
Old 01-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

A good way to set them is with the engine off and not planning to drive it right away. Make sure your carb opens up all the way and when the carb is fully open that your servo is no longer pulling the linkage. Dial your brakes out all of the way so that your car rolls freely without pulling the throttle and dial the brakes back in as needed. I find that running drag brake is a very bad idea on the 8ight and will cause it to nose dive very badly.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:24 PM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

He is running a spektrum.

Thats why I asked because I didn't know and I don't know if the spektrum radios have EPA.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
vnmsgt

Just letting you know, thats all.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:01 PM
BIGAIRBEN

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO I WILL PUT ALL THE KNOWLAGE TO WORK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS GOT TO LOVE THIS HOBBY ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON [&:]
Old 05-12-2008, 04:19 AM
silversnake203

thank u haasjj i just learned a lot i blew out 2 servos already now im running 2 jr 9100 i had my end points adjusted a little on the low side to be safe also im running a ninja 28 and matching pipe car is very fast thanks man.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
cherokee180c

Make sure you leave the .7-1mm gap at both full throttle and at idle. You want to be able to pull that much additional distance mechanically after reaching your full throttle EPA adjustment to handle any flex that might occur while at full throttle. You also want to leave that much of a gap when you are at idle and the carb is on the idle screw. Also make sure you don't dial in too much travel on the brakes. Most people that I have adjusted their cars have maybe 20% over the travel needed on the brake side, which all goes into stressing the servos and flexing the tray and not into braking force. Once the brakes lock up under load, they are locked and no additional force is going add any braking. If you lock the brakes you have lost the stopping battle anyway as you will skid further than controlled braking. If you keep up by adjusting the gap back down as your brake pads wear, the brake side needs very little travel to fully lock up the brakes. I also installed the Ofna return springs on the posts to push the pads back out reliably. I am running two separate 8T's now for 2 months straight with no servo failures. The battery box o-ring issue is important in my mind as it allows the system to flex if needed. If you adjust everything right you will have no flex visible while statically operating the linkages, but hitting hard after a 10' jump may still flex the system.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:36 PM
INTEGRA

I dont use any O-rings...and tighten All the bolts on my tray and have yett to have a failure.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Wilki01

Well, my Truggy burned out it' s first servo on the 3'rd tank. The hobbyshop gave me another servo to use while I was waiting for Horizon to send a replacement servo. Well the temp servo jammed at full throttle a drove right into a concrete barrier. I was then told the linkage was installed incorrectly, hhmm funny this it's an RTR. I checked my manual a double checked the settings befor the crash. I really feel that Losi did a very poor job of building it. The quality control is very poor. The rest of the vehicle was very tough. It is being covered under warranty, but asd soon as I get it back I will get rid of it, I lost total trust in that settup, next one won't be a Losi product. Yes someone will say that I didn't set it up right, well I'll tell you that I went through it by the book, I even cut back the end points for both the throttle and brake, so obviously from reading on the net there is some problems. I purchase it in march and finally got to used it for a bit about 2 weeks ago, now I'm waiting for it. It's not a cheap machine, I was expecting to run at least a gallon through it oh well, it sure folded up nice. Thanks Team Losi and Horizon....
Old 05-13-2008, 03:01 AM
silversnake203

your not driving hard enough son lolololo.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Styk97

My throttle servo went last weekend.. I bought a JR 9100s, and have been working on the truck all week trying to get it set up just right.. The servo under full brake, should there be any kind of hum? and the servo also pulls the radio tray under full brake...
Old 05-13-2008, 01:47 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: Styk97

My throttle servo went last weekend.. I bought a JR 9100s, and have been working on the truck all week trying to get it set up just right.. The servo under full brake, should there be any kind of hum? and the servo also pulls the radio tray under full brake...
There will be a hum if there is a load on the servo,

If your flexing the radio tray to much you have to much brake, but it does flex it a little.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Styk97

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: Styk97

There will be a hum if there is a load on the servo,

If your flexing the radio tray to much you have to much brake, but it does flex it a little.

I am going to start from the beginning and do it. Right now I have my brake down to 56% but it is full brake.. I just have to find the time to mess with it.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:53 PM
thedr
Banned

ORIGINAL: Wilki01
Well, my Truggy burned out it' s first servo on the 3'rd tank. The hobbyshop gave me another servo to use while I was waiting for Horizon to send a replacement servo. Well the temp servo jammed at full throttle a drove right into a concrete barrier. I was then told the linkage was installed incorrectly, hhmm funny this it's an RTR. I checked my manual a double checked the settings befor the crash. I really feel that Losi did a very poor job of building it. The quality control is very poor. The rest of the vehicle was very tough. It is being covered under warranty, but asd soon as I get it back I will get rid of it, I lost total trust in that settup, next one won't be a Losi product. Yes someone will say that I didn't set it up right, well I'll tell you that I went through it by the book, I even cut back the end points for both the throttle and brake, so obviously from reading on the net there is some problems. I purchase it in march and finally got to used it for a bit about 2 weeks ago, now I'm waiting for it. It's not a cheap machine, I was expecting to run at least a gallon through it oh well, it sure folded up nice. Thanks Team Losi and Horizon....
I feel your pain, but I think a lot of folks overestimate the build quality on RTRs. What so many of us fail to recognize is that most often these cars and trucks are assembled overseas by underpaid workers that get paid by the piece. They may do things to spec, but that's not to say they do it perfectly. So I tend to never rely on the exacting work of a little old lady in China getting paid 50-cents a car to put mine togther, and instead take them totally apart and reassemble to my own exacting expectations. I've had my 8T over a year and am still on the original throttle servo.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 PM
rebelracer246

ya ive gotten in the habit of taring my trucks completly down and building it myself again that way i learn where stuff goes with out looking at the manual
Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 PM
rebelracer246

do you think this servo would be a good throttle servo or not?
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/440702.asp
Old 05-13-2008, 09:58 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

thats about the same torque as the stock 270throttle servos...
Old 05-14-2008, 02:52 AM
rebelracer246

but this one i know will last alot longer than the stock one
Old 05-15-2008, 10:17 PM
cherokee180c

Here is our next throttle servo, that is still sitting in my box because we have not had any failures yet. Not as fast as that Cirus though at .13 second, but much higher torque.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...sp?idProduct=2

Before you laugh too loud just know that I am using their 9gram $3.95 HXT servos in many planes and they are much better than Hitech HS-55's with no failures yet. Remember it may be Chinese, but everything is manufactured in China now anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.