Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Had one of those days...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:34 AM
Coopz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had one of those days...

Spend most of yesterday tinkering with a mate on setting up our truggies. Rebuild, clean, oil and charge the batteries up.
Get to the track at 8am, do 3 tanks worth of practice without a single issue (or crash).

Do a 5 minute warmup before the first qualifyer, again all feels perfect, 2 minutes from the start truggy fails to start, a dead plug is diagnosed. Reach for glowplug wrench, cannot find it, friend has it...^&&$# run over and violently remove it from him
run back, change plugs, truggy fires up, throw it onto track, do 2 laps, truggy grinds to a halt, forgot to refuel after the warmup...FFS!! Race over.

Quaifier 2, truggy fires up, just as the race starts truggy splurts and dies on the straight, werid, run back to pits, refire, rush back out, same thing, repeat first part, again it dies as soon as it picks up speed. Cannot fix issue, race ver, 0 laps.

Expert nitro guru at the track diagnoses a faulty carb during the lunch break, carb o-ring has somehow disintergrated causing an airleak, a replacement is sort and a rebuild begins, unfortunatly my race is first, cannot get engine back together in time, miss the start, 15 minute race, finaly join in with 1 minute to go, truggy still stalls.

Spend next 40 minutes trying to get the bloody thing tuned with 2 others helping and lending (sometimes useless) ideas and suggestions. Still cannot get truggy to rev properly, keeps dying, try 308 different high and low speed needle settings, various temp plugs, race starts and I'm still in the pits. After a while we finally get it sorta working, rush out onto track after 2 laps get cleaned up by a out of control Hellfire, damage front arm, truggy stalls, restart, stalls again... Call it a day..

Take it home, dust it off, start it up one more time, runs perfectly... *sigh*

Worse race weekend ever!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:41 AM
qaiz

Default RE: Had one of those days...

Ouch, that honestely sucks.

Well atleast it's running.

Dunno what else to say.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: Coopz

Reach for glowplug wrench, cannot find it, friend has it...^&&$# run over and violently remove it from him

Spend next 40 minutes trying to get the bloody thing tuned with 2 others helping and lending (sometimes useless) ideas and suggestions.
Lmfao.!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as those days remain the exception you're OK - will make the next good one seem better...

In my last few years of soccer the bad days started outnumbering the good.. So I got into RC...
Old 02-10-2008, 09:21 AM
hkenvy91

we all have those days!!and when it rains it pours
Old 02-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Vigilante212

Oh yea ive had days like this. its usully motor problems for me also. Ran an engine too lean in 1st qc fixed it for second and then broke the pull starter for the main lol. If it were a truggy at least I could have used a buddies box to restart it but it was in my savage. live and learn.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Farfa

Today was the worst day i ever had!

I was on the beach with my rc. The engine didnt work pretty good tring to tune it like 2 hours finally i made it work!
after 5 mins with bashing, the rc out of control and throttle full! and it was running to the sea i start run as fast as i could. Finally had made a jump and landed with the tires facing the sky i said fewwww! but the engine was still runnig with full throttle. i took up the rc with my hands and i touch the spur [:@][:@][:@] !!! i removed the fuel tube and i throw it away i was really angry with it! finally i bought a fail safe from someone who is a friend and sells rc stuff (he was there with me), and my finger ****ed up!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:09 AM
qaiz

Bad day for Nitro's I guess.

Boy am I glad I didnt run mine today.!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:13 PM
snoking16

without the sour the sweet wouldnt be as sweet...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Th3pwn3r
My Feedback: (1)

Lol, my day was kind of bad Saturday morning. I fire it up and I'm running slow but clean laps to let the engine warm a bit and then I take a slow hit from another truggy and I see a flame shoot out the side of my body and I'm like "Awww man, there goes my engine. " So I run out to it and it's still running phew! I take it, pull off the body and see my clutch bell is destroyed. 2 of the motor mount screws had vibrated out and my motor kicked and BOOF there goes the clutch bell. I should have used loc-tite. $27 dollars later I had my clutch bell and bearings back in and this time I loc-tite'd everything and I was running again
Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad luck dude !!

the O-ring crapping out is exactly whey me and my boys silicone the carbs to the motors... we have lost too many races because of o-rings leaking that these days we don't trust anything we haven't personaly sealed..........
Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Chopped02

The worst part of days like that is paying your entrance fee, running part of the qualifyer and not being able to get your fee back. [:'(]
Old 02-11-2008, 12:06 PM
qaiz

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo worst part of those days is that you cant drive your truck, or it dosent run properly. [:'(]

Screw the entrance fee, im in more of a tizzy if my truck dosent run properly.!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
madmax22

that sucks...... How much are entry fees???? well at least you got it out of the way it runs good now so yea! My mom says "at least it wont happen in a big race now that its out of the way"......
Old 02-11-2008, 11:29 PM
rcpowerhorse

that really is harsh coopz
Old 02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
spikeman

WOW [X(] not even me (the guy at the track that destroys his car within 10 minutes) has had that much bad luck. However I've seriosly never ran more than 2-3 tanks at the track without breaking and I've had 3 diffrent cars. However I've never driven my new truggy so I'll see if I can run more than 2-3 tanks without breaking. mabey even five
Old 02-12-2008, 01:08 AM
ecocav04

wow that sounds like my day but i got some laps in but they werent pretty because i couldnt get the thing to turn then 3 minutes into the main i land on the wing and it desinagtrates then the things starts turning and then i get taken out after i passed some one and then i was done
Old 02-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Coopz

ORIGINAL: madmax22

that sucks...... How much are entry fees???? well at least you got it out of the way it runs good now so yea! My mom says "at least it wont happen in a big race now that its out of the way"......

$10 to race at my track for members.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:46 AM
slayerphonics

That sucks man, 3 tanks something breaks.. sounds like a revo, I put 3 gallons on an 8ight before i broke something