Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

nitrage 70% 46 mph lol bad maths

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

nitrage 70% 46 mph lol bad maths

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:21 PM
joelgould111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitrage 70% 46 mph lol bad maths

i dont know what it is about this engine i get no smoke great performance
then i will take it out and there will be loads of smoke great peformance i think this engine is a bit weired qaiz said he had simular things with his his exact words were "ignore temps on that engine the temp changes with the wind one day red hot one day icy cold"

i think i will try get a nother temp sensor mine old one was the proexotic ones from ebay lasted me well till i left it in the rain lol was verry acurate every time
now i use a comercial catering one with a lazer it seems to get tempretures corect i tested by turning the oven to diftent tempretures and checking on the sensor but dempendin where about the glow plug i point the sensor i will get a difrent temp i might go back to my probe one lol
Old 02-26-2008, 02:27 PM
qaiz

That engine has a mind of its own. I gave up trying to tune the damn thing, I left it running to what seemed to me a lil' bit rich on optimum power.

Honestely, 1 day it ran perfect, like a dream, the next, it refused to heat up, even if I shut the damn carb it still refused to heat up.

Ignore the temps and drive that thing.!

Thats what I did, but I take no responsibility if your engine blows up

It started acting alright towards the end of its life, but then it died. All I say is good riddence to the damn thing. It has power, but I never managed to figure out how to tune it...

Good Luck Joel, you'll need it.

I have 1 coming in the mail, got it $60 shipped from a nut on another forum, Ill let you know if this thing is any better, I doubt it, but it dosent hurt to try....
Old 02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
joelgould111

you got a nother tamiya engine lol i think they are ported when you get it have a look at the sleve and take some pics im banned from my truck for a few days because i got an exam lol it has the litle veins things lol
Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 AM
rcpowerhorse

ORIGINAL: qaiz

That engine has a mind of its own. I gave up trying to tune the damn thing, I left it running to what seemed to me a lil' bit rich on optimum power.

Honestely, 1 day it ran perfect, like a dream, the next, it refused to heat up, even if I shut the damn carb it still refused to heat up.

Ignore the temps and drive that thing.!

Thats what I did, but I take no responsibility if your engine blows up

It started acting alright towards the end of its life, but then it died. All I say is good riddence to the damn thing. It has power, but I never managed to figure out how to tune it...

Good Luck Joel, you'll need it.

I have 1 coming in the mail, got it $60 shipped from a nut on another forum, Ill let you know if this thing is any better, I doubt it, but it dosent hurt to try....
os .30 vg right
Old 02-27-2008, 09:48 AM
qaiz

Nope, the stocker, not like the OS is any better, but atleast it dosent act stupid with the temps and tunes decentely...
Old 02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
joelgould111

are parts cheap over there in dubi i think thats how you spell it lol like over here the a arms for my nitrage are going to cost me 17pounds plus shiping thats allmost 4 times what they want on tamiya usa but they wont ship to the uk so my best hope is that shop but 17 pounds is a bump like the engine for 30 pounds over here that engine is worth 120pounds same as my picco