Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

FS racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:43 PM
moonsoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS racing

Does anyone have a fs racing truggy.If so are they good and were do you get parts of it.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:07 AM
j_blaze

Default RE: FS racing

really bad stuff, don't do it.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:12 PM
moonsoon

Did you have one or hear they are no good. They look like a mugen to me or a vtx.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:02 PM
vnmsgt

Does not look bad to me. I like getting different stuff that is not the norm. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad, lots of fun though. Try it!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:01 AM
j_blaze

i got it on ebay for $189 and i got what i payed for, junk. the aluminum is very soft, diffs strip easy and i had countless problems with the engine. i learned a lot of wrenching with it and gradually upgraded it to a hyper 7 pbs. you can get a very descent race roller of a hyper, jammin, losi or even associated for around $200. the plastics on it were ok, but bent chassis, falling out screws (philips), bent shock towers and shafts and air leaks in engine made it a horrible experience. i would not take one for free, way too many problems.

**EDIT** i just saw you were looking at the truggy, i had the buggy. if the truggy has any resemblance to the buggy, stay clear away from it. i did have the vtx truggy and for 5 months it was indestructible, then it had problems every time out and i got tired of rebuilding it every week.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:13 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: moonsoon

Did you have one or hear they are no good. They look like a mugen to me or a vtx.
If you watch ebay closely sometimes you can find a Caster Racing K8T RTR on there pretty cheap, seen them go for about 200. I have the kit and it is almost identical to a mugen and a awesome truggy. You can get all your parts here [link]http://casterracingusa.com[/link] they have super fast shipping too!
Old 03-10-2008, 06:24 PM
moonsoon

Thanks guys I am getting it in 4 days and hope to have some good luck with it.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
vnmsgt

Thanks guys I am getting it in 4 days and hope to have some good luck with it.
Getting what? The FS or the Caster?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
madmax22

DONT DO IT!! NOT THE FS!!!!!!!!!!!!! get the caster I want one siince they are almost the same as the mugen but cheaper!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
vnmsgt

If you did get the FS, good luck with it. Post some pics when you get it. I would really like to see what it looks like up close. I love stuff nobody has!!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:16 PM
madmax22

lol i think I know why noone has it :P
Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: madmax22

lol i think I know why noone has it :P
Like no one had the monsoon awhile ago? Heard you say you wanted a caster now, but hardly no one has those either. Give something chance. Know why its hard for companies to get respect? Because when nobody has alot of them people think they are junk and most people that buy them are new and do not know how to work them so they have problems. Once some more experienced people get there hands on them they are not so bad because they know what to look for and prevent problems before they start.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 PM
moonsoon

I am getting the fs racing.The engine is coming off first and my RB WS7 II is going on it.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 PM
vnmsgt

Sounds Cool! Cannot wait to see come pics or video.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:38 PM
moonsoon

My FS racing truggy came in and I put the rb on it and tried it out, it works great.Some things on it look cheap but it is real strong and all the screws were thread locked(i found that out when i took the engine screws out and one broke)it needs a rear sway bar but the rest of the truck is solid.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 PM
madmax22

well good to hear that. I thought it would be a PITA...... sucks about the screw.... was it red thread lock?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:29 PM
vnmsgt

My FS racing truggy came in and I put the rb on it and tried it out, it works great.Some things on it look cheap but it is real strong and all the screws were thread locked(i found that out when i took the engine screws out and one broke)it needs a rear sway bar but the rest of the truck is solid.
Cool man! Post some pics of it. I would like to see it. So where can you get parts for it? Do they have there own main site?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:07 PM
moonsoon

The web site is www.fs-racingart.com and I emailed them about the parts on friday.Pictures will be soon.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't buy that. If I've never heard of it then its probably not a quality brand.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:46 PM
HighClassBasher

^^^ PROBABLY not a quality brand???? ...more like DEFINENTLY not a quality brand[:'(] Just LOOK at them, they look cheaper than Tyco/Nikko stuff[:'(]
Stay far away
Old 03-30-2008, 06:30 AM
vnmsgt

Come on guys. Give me a break. I guess nobody can just say that they LOOK cheap in there opinion anymore but have to say stay away when they have never seen one in person or driven one. YES the smaller cars do look cheap but so does everyones. The body can make a great car look like junk. Did you guys even take a look at the 1/8 scale cars on there site??? They look real good. I happen to like the redcat brand and have owned there 1/8 cars and they are great and all I can say is by judging by the pics these FS 1/8 buggies and truggies have better suspension on them and look pretty good. Give the guy a break who bought one!!! At least he had the balls to try something different then what everyone else had and sounds like he is happy with it. Hey MOONSOON forget what these guys say, if you like it thats all that counts. People say my Caster is junk, so what they said the same of my monsoon and I love both of them. Like my sig on the bottom says "Don't jump on the bandwagon, CRUSH IT!! LOL
Old 03-30-2008, 04:13 PM
moonsoon

Well I bought one and am very happy with it and will set a new track record with it as I did with the monsoon that I have.I race oval and have a jato that holds the track record as well for that class.My race season opens on saturday and I will post again about the fs truggy.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:50 PM
mtbkym01

Not knocking it, but it looks a lot like the HSP/Redcat truggy anyway (based off Kyosho). I guess if you own the monsoon already, you'd be best to comment on that.

Good luck with it
Old 03-30-2008, 06:00 PM
ericem

Looks fine to me.

http://fs-racingart.com/detail.php?pid=323

I wouldn't call it garbage I am sure it performs just fine. Suspension should be very tunable with the PBS system. Noticed it uses a Hyper 7 gas tank.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:06 PM
mtbkym01

Ah PBS, missed that when I had a quick look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.