Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

i want to race a hellfire..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

i want to race a hellfire..

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:00 AM
fox23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want to race a hellfire..

well i just got a hellfire and im wondering what everyone is doing to them to make them race worthy. i want it to be able to keep up with a matrix or hyper on the track. im thinking wing, servo's, airfilter and maybe exhaust? list off what your racing hellfire has.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Coopz

Default RE: i want to race a hellfire..

ORIGINAL: fox23

well i just got a hellfire and im wondering what everyone is doing to them to make them race worthy. i want it to be able to keep up with a matrix or hyper on the track. im thinking wing, servo's, airfilter and maybe exhaust? list off what your racing hellfire has.

None of those upgrades will make the Hellfire handle any better, handling is their biggest issue, they seem to push in the corners and get upset by ruts and bumps.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 AM
chedster

Dude dont listen to anyone, if you want to race go for it and have fun! I would check out the hellfire thread for hop-ups.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35...ellfire/tm.htm
Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 AM
fox23

okay cool. but it doesnt come with a wing so im def probly guna need one.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Oasis TR

I take it your using an RTR..If you are here's the mods you need to keep it together..
1. Rear suspension holders (front and rear)..Get either the SpeedTec ones (8mm) or the HPI ones (6mm) This is a must..the stock ones will bend!!
2. Shock Towers..I went with the Integy 5.5 ones but GH has them also..They are strong and much cheaper than the HPI SS ones. This is also a must the stock towers will bend.
3. Mugen captured hing pins. This is for the Hubs front and rear.
4. I changed the diff ring and pinion gear..I used HB hardened ones. I really never had any problems with the stock diffs..but I do know some guys have/did so I just eliminated a future problem area.
5. The aluminum shock caps..Keeps the shocks smooth and eliminates another problem area.
6. The HPI wider rear hex adapter..Helps with steering
7. Xray 8TR steering rack..it eliminates the more steering one way. And in a hard crash the stock (RTR) rack will bend. So this is a "must" also
You can get a Hellfire to not push so much, The Hellfire has gotten no mercy from the racing public, It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Tires and rims are Another very important turning tool for the hellfire. I do use 0 offset rims for most tracks but when it rutt's up I run 1/2 inch off set rims. The Hellfire really responds well to the LPR rims and tires (38 series in panther..3.7 for others). I left out the wing because you said this was going to be done..
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
fox23

cool thanks a lot man. are the "rear suspension holders" the diagonal bracket that goes from the chassis to the top of the shock tower?
Old 03-26-2008, 05:56 AM
stussman

Alot of issues with the rtr, with mine mainly the diffs, shock towers, shock caps and braces. It takes alot to get the right setup. If you got the ss its not too bad. The worst thing about the hf is its price compared to other truggys. You have it so enjoy it, it looks cool and i still love mine.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 AM
fox23

ya well i got it used with about 4 tanks through it after break in so i got a pretty good deal, because beleive me, in canada they are about $100 more then a cen matrix brand new.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: fox23

cool thanks a lot man. are the "rear suspension holders" the diagonal bracket that goes from the chassis to the top of the shock tower?
Nope..Those are the chassis braces.

This is the rear suspension mount you need 2, one for the front and one for the rear.

The rear hubs..

The Towers..