Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

ebay and feedback!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
kweezinarts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay and feedback!?!

does anyone else hate the way feedback works on ebay?

it should work like this:

buyer bids/buys it now, buyer pays, SELLER LEAVES FEEDBACK, buyer gets item then buyer leaves feedback!

whats this BS where seller waits until buyer leaves positive feedback??? the only thing the seller should wait for is buyer payment! THATS IT!

p.s. i won ofna bump box on the 4th, paid on the 4th got box on the 9th and im STILL waiting for feedback even after a friendly email!
Old 05-16-2008, 12:24 AM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ebay and feedback!?!

Well, there could be difficulties where the buyer claims that he/she didn't receive the item even after confirmation says they did.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Styk97

i hate sellers that dont leave feedback... I am also going through that right now..
Old 05-16-2008, 09:48 AM
happywing

I buy and sell on eBay. I used to leave feedback as soon as I received payment until a few people tried to extort me for feedback. I was forced to wait for feedback from the buyer before I could post. I do post for every transaction.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
The Hedgehog

I had a deal go bad in which something broke in transit. For these reasons alone you cannot leave good feedback until the transaction is completed and the buyer is satisfied.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
dittch
Banned

The main reason this happens is simple, although most buyers/sellers won't admit it: If they get a bad rating, they can then give a negative rating to retaliate, even if they were in the wrong and the bad rating was justified. This is what creates the 'waiting game' of who is going to rate who first.

How often do you see a transaction where one person gave a neg because of a bad deal, and the other gave a positive because the admitted they screwed up...VERY RARE. Whether you're right or wrong, if you give a negative on ebay you are for sure going to get one in return.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:19 PM
RcRacer37E

Any time I sell, I put in listing, leave feed back for me once item arrives, I will then do the same for you. I will also be the first to leave feed back if Im the winning bidder. If seller doesnt leave feed back, hes marked as a nonfeed back seller and if I happen to win another item from that person, feed back will not be left unless its not what I bid on and won.
Check out ebays forum, lots of folks posting tips and stuff to help out.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
kweezinarts

its definitely not a perfect system nor do i have the answer to the problem and i totally agree that the neg. feedback in retaliation is bound to happen regardless the seller should have to leave feedback based on payment and the buyer on shipment and final product. the seller has more responsibility in the transaction to make the buyer happy but they also have more of a need to uphold their ratings...
Old 05-16-2008, 04:14 PM
SOILWORK

Ebay is going down the crapper. They have their feedback setup to protect sellers from negative feedback, but not buyers.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:17 PM
mechanicalguy

I agree with all of these posts, the feedback has really turned into a problem. A lot of times I will purchase something and it will arrive in an unsatisfactory manner, but in the end the seller still holds my feedback as a "ransom" after I have notified them. The worst was with Bighead Hobbies, where the SS screws they sold were crap and they took forever to send my other items. I didn't want the same to happen to other buyers so I felt obligated to leave an honest negative feedback. They immediately left a negative feedback for me but with lies, such as "poor communication" etc etc. Even after they screwed up my order, and I had paid them immediately.

I wish there was some sort of RC superstore - something like a Bestbuy or Circuit City.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:25 PM
IL2mSturmovik

HopMeUp will extort you into positive feedback, they tried to do that to a friend of mine, when they sold him something @ buyitnow, he paid immediately and they didnt even have teh item in stock and it took 2 weeks + to get it, when he left them negative feedback, they sent him all kinds of threats [:@]
Old 05-18-2008, 01:32 PM
mechanicalguy

Maybe there should be an ongoing forum here at RCU where members can talk about their buying and selling experiences and particularily advise against the ones that they have had bad service from. This hobby is expensive as it is, nobody wants to be ripped-off.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:34 AM
rc rock

i totally agree[8D]
Old 05-19-2008, 11:44 AM
kweezinarts

its almost as if ebay was reading this thread!!!

just left feedback for a transaction gone good ... and got a pop-up msg with [link=http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html]THIS LINK![/link]
Old 05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

HopMeUp will extort you into positive feedback, they tried to do that to a friend of mine, when they sold him something @ buyitnow, he paid immediately and they didnt even have teh item in stock and it took 2 weeks + to get it, when he left them negative feedback, they sent him all kinds of threats [:@]
Ain't buying it... Post your friend's 'threat' email if you want to prove it. Hopmeup is one of the biggest sellers on eBay and I have had good experiences with them. They may have threatened to ban your friend or banned your friend from buying from their store which is perfectly legit, but not 'threatened' anything else.

I am sitting at 100% positive after 300 auctions and 8 years. I work really hard for it, if someone ever nicks me without just cause I am going to be PISSED, PISSED, PISSED.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Sweet! Due to the new feedback procedure and retroactively applying feedback, my feedback jumped up 36 points about 2 hours ago.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 PM
pur3evil

Hmmm... I don't know... I've delt with some f'ed up buyers on eBay and elsewhere. IMHO, the new policy of no negative feedback for buyers is BS.

What are sellers to do when some a-hole buys something, uses it, breaks it, then leaves negative feedback for you saying it arrived broken? Reward him with positive feedback because he paid? Screw that.

I don't know how much selling I'll do on eBay if the buyers don't have to worry about negative feedback. I can see a lot of people feeling like they can act however they want to sellers.

-Howard
Old 05-20-2008, 03:08 AM
kweezinarts

its not as simple as that pur3evil. there are new protections for buyer and seller...

from ebay:

"Will sellers still have access to Buyer Requirements to manage their buyers?

Yes. In addition to the current Buyer Requirements, we are enhancing the Unpaid Item buyer requirement and adding new buyer requirements that will enable sellers to block buyers with multiple policy violations from bidding/ or buying their items.

The buyer requirements tool enables sellers to prevent or limit the buyers from bidding or buying their items if certain criteria have not been met. The criteria are:

* Buyer does not have a PayPal account
* Buyer has a recent Unpaid Item strike (new)
* Buyer is registered in a country where seller doesn't ship to
* Buyer has a recent eBay policy violations (new)
* Buyer who may have bid on several of my items and not paid for them
* Buyer who is not ID Verified (new – but not available on all eBay sites)

What criteria will eBay use to identify buyers who violate eBay Policy?

We will rely on the same criteria as today. Reports from sellers based on specific policy violations such as Unpaid Item, transaction interference, Feedback Abuse and Feedback Extortion.

What happens when a buyer uses negative Feedback as a threat to receive better service or additional goods/services from the seller?

If a buyer uses the threat of negative Feedback to demand more than what was promised in the item description (e.g. wants overnight delivery but only paid for standard delivery) the seller should immediately report the buyer to eBay.

If there is clear evidence of extortion eBay will take action typically on a first offense. If a buyer shows a pattern of malicious behavior, eBay will most likely suspend the buyer. If we suspend the buyer, any negative or neutral Feedback the buyer has left for sellers will be removed.

Sellers should only file these complaints when the buyer asks for more than what is promised in the listing. Filing a false claim may result in seller suspension."
Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Ain't buying it... Post your friend's 'threat' email if you want to prove it. Hopmeup is one of the biggest sellers on eBay and I have had good experiences with them. They may have threatened to ban your friend or banned your friend from buying from their store which is perfectly legit, but not 'threatened' anything else.

I am sitting at 100% positive after 300 auctions and 8 years. I work really hard for it, if someone ever nicks me without just cause I am going to be PISSED, PISSED, PISSED.

I will get him to send them (there were several, btw over a couple of days) again to me.
I have done quite a bit of business with them and had ok results, but his was WAY wrong, and then when he left negative feedback, he got several "threatening e-mails" that were COMPLETELY unprofessional, and VERY wrong.
Just look at how many "mutually withdrawn" ratings they have, and read someo of their negative ones.
NO way would I lie about someones business practices, but what they did is inexcusable.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:29 PM
pur3evil

ORIGINAL: kweezinarts
its not as simple as that pur3evil. there are new protections for buyer and seller...
Yeah... I read all that. I'll believe it when I see it.

Ever tried to get eBay to take action on something? My experience has been that they won't do much. I still have a negative feedback on my account left by a buyer who sent a fake check to another seller, and was obviously looking to rip someone off. Not to mention, eBay says "If there is clear evidence of extortion eBay will take action typically on a first offense." What constitutes "clear evidence?" What if there is no clear evidence, as is the case in a he said / she said type conflict? What if the hypothetical situation I posed above occurs, and I cannot prove that said item worked before shipping?

Feedback is your only recourse in many situations, and not allowing sellers the ability to leave a negative is bogus. That's my opinion, take it or leave it. BTW, I buy a lot more than I sell on eBay... I'm not a power seller. Just someone who sees both sides of the issue.

-Howard

Old 05-21-2008, 01:14 AM
kweezinarts

ORIGINAL: pur3evil

ORIGINAL: kweezinarts
Yeah... I read all that. I'll believe it when I see it.

Ever tried to get eBay to take action on something? My experience has been that they won't do much. I still have a negative feedback on my account left by a buyer who sent a fake check to another seller, and was obviously looking to rip someone off. Not to mention, eBay says "If there is clear evidence of extortion eBay will take action typically on a first offense." What constitutes "clear evidence?" What if there is no clear evidence, as is the case in a he said / she said type conflict? What if the hypothetical situation I posed above occurs, and I cannot prove that said item worked before shipping?

Feedback is your only recourse in many situations, and not allowing sellers the ability to leave a negative is bogus. That's my opinion, take it or leave it. BTW, I buy a lot more than I sell on eBay... I'm not a power seller. Just someone who sees both sides of the issue.

-Howard

i understand not all buyers are genuine in their purchases on ebay but the seller chooses his payment methods (best is paypal) and shouldnt ship until payment clears in order to protect themselves. as long as all stipulations are stated in the auction that is your proof of how you want things to go and ebay has a record of that. i was just saying the way it is (was) favors the seller but now it seems more of an even "playing field"...
Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Some of the correspondence I found, unbelievable
And my friend corrected me, he said he found out 8 days after a "BUY IT NOW" that they didnt even have the item they had listed.

Note he says that he would investigate AFTER leaving negative feedback to my friend

> Hi, I am the owner of HopMeUp. I am researching this transaction with
> our staff. You have made some remarks about Tony that are untrue,
> unkind and disgraceful. Tony is an exceptional staff person and would
> not lie to anyone. Your comments need to be retracted. You deserve
> Negative Feedback. After I finish leaving your Negatives I will find
> out about what transpired
. What ever I find out, there can be no
> reason you left the comments you did. You are Blocked at eBay from
> the World's Largest eBay RC store and largest LST store. Dan
>
> -hopmeup

> The feedback withdrawl doesn't benefit me as much as you. My feedback
> is already back on page three or four. My offer would have given you
> 100% feedback again and deal with the fact that your feedback will be
> page 1 or
> 2 news for a long time. Your choice.
>
> -hopmeup

>
> No, I'm saying your feedback behavior is scary, especially after
> everything was ok on the phone. Very Bi-Polar.
>
> -hopmeup

> Dear hopmeup,
>
> Would this be the same phone call in which you earlier accused me of
> "scaring youre staff", you really need to make up youre mind.
> Everything is ok I cancelled my order spoke my peace and No I am not
> going to agree to withdraw the feedback I left, it was the truth.
> Unlike youre posts which were all lies and fabrications. I see the
> integrity of youre company through your choice to combat truth with
> lies. The feedbacks I left were truthful and based on principal, while
> the feedbacks you left were vindictive and spiteful. I will never be
> forced to give positive feedback where negative is deserved especially
> by a company that lacks morals. This was an epic mistake on your part,
> you will see it reflected in youre sales.
>
> Good day Sir,

> Dear hopmeup,
>
> Yes that does make him a liar, he made an assumption that later proved
> to be false, not entirely unlike the B.S. feedback you left in my profile.
> Thats ok that situation has been addressed. As I said before you've
> made a mistake of epic proportions. I have declined you're attempt to
> strong arm me into mutually withdrawing feedbacks so there is no need
> for you to continue to email(harass)me, and furthermore if you
> continue to do so I will take this case to ebay. I still have every
> email that was sent to me, so do yourself a favor and let it go. The
> spilled milk has been cleaned so stop crying about it and have some dignity.
> Enough said?

Old 05-22-2008, 07:26 PM
dethklok151

i am going through a bad one right now,but its getting better.i sold a buggy to large reseller.a friggin MONTH later he files with paypal that he didnt get it.by this time,i lost my confirmation number,fortunately my post office was able to cover my arse.but there was no forewarning of this action.i contacted him by phone before i was able to get my confirmation #,and i told him that i saw my motor on his site.i had a different carb on it ,so it was easy to tell.anyway,he just blew it off ,didnt try to research it or anything.so after i gave my # to pp,i reported to ebay that he was trying to fraud me.the next dat,today,he ended the dispute with pp.i have not received a message from ebay saying what they did,and pp didnt have to rule in my favor,so i am kind of left with the stress of potentially being robbed through crappy paypal.my pp account was jacked for a while,and ill bet that nothing happens to him.i ll have to buy the cheapest thing he sells and leave him negative feedback . robmemagic-rc.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:36 PM
kamakazi
My Feedback: (1)

I bought some software that was advertised to fix any windows problem and soup up my computer. When i got it, I was supposed to run it DOS. I aint seen DOS since the 80's. It was not compatible to any Windows program. I left an unsatisfactory feedback. They sent me several emails saying this was a good seller and my feedback would be detremental to his business. I told them it should be, he misled me and that piece of crap was worthless. So they asked me if I would consider not leaving any feedback at all if he didnt leave any. I agreed, so in essence I never bought anything from him and he never sold me anything.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:08 AM
kweezinarts

ORIGINAL: kamakazi

I bought some software that was advertised to fix any windows problem and soup up my computer. When i got it, I was supposed to run it DOS. I aint seen DOS since the 80's. It was not compatible to any Windows program. I left an unsatisfactory feedback. They sent me several emails saying this was a good seller and my feedback would be detremental to his business. I told them it should be, he misled me and that piece of crap was worthless. So they asked me if I would consider not leaving any feedback at all if he didnt leave any. I agreed, so in essence I never bought anything from him and he never sold me anything.
i feel ya but im sorry dude theres no software that fixes any/all windows problems...

all in all i guess only time will tell how the new feedback system will work, regardless i dont think ebay is going anywhere. since its conception ebay has definitely changed the world...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.