Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Best Truggy..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Oasis TR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Truggy..

Just an opinion..But for the most part their are really no bad Truggys out right now..Even the Hellfire is not that bad..a bit over priced and needs some work done to it to get it race ready but it's still not like it was..And remember the best truggy on the market is still not going to give you talent..So when they have threads like this..lets be nice about our responses..I'll make sure to be nice as well..and if you say something is a POS at least say why..and dont say..a friends is so and so..
Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 AM
phattracker
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Best Truggy..

Totally agree with you Oasis TR. Money cant buy talent. Hard practice and discipline makes talent. TT ST-1 beats Kyoshoo ST-RR!!!??!?!? Sure, if the Driver of the TT ST-1 is well practiced and more comfortable with what is going in out there than the Driver of the ST-RR. IMO
Old 05-23-2008, 06:04 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

Just an opinion..But for the most part their are really no bad Truggys out right now..Even the Hellfire is not that bad..a bit over priced and needs some work done to it to get it race ready but it's still not like it was..And remember the best truggy on the market is still not going to give you talent..So when they have threads like this..lets be nice about our responses..I'll make sure to be nice as well..and if you say something is a POS at least say why..and dont say..a friends is so and so..
I agree but was suprised when I saw this thread and "Oasis" started it! Though no way he would ask that question
Old 05-23-2008, 06:40 AM
spikeitaudi

100% agree. And Oasis starting this thread was suprising to me as well as I know he didn't need help on selecting a Truggy.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:17 PM
twomanytoys

I have been racing My st1 and have no problem keeping up with the high dollar truggies. This season I have been in 4 races so far. Best was 3rd and worst was 5th. This is out of about 12-15 racers. I always get to the a main while tons of other guys with $1500-$2000 trucks sitting on the side. Its not all about the truck. I would say 75% driver and 25% truck. I have about 500 invested in my ST1 and it has worked out way better than I ever thought it would. I get guys asking questions about it all the time because I am the only one on my track that has one and pretty much the most consistant times. Sure I would like to get a 8T or something better. This is my first truggy, first season racing truggies and loving it. It can only make me a better driver for when I am ready for a new truggy.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Oasis TR

I agree guys..
Old 05-23-2008, 08:36 PM
twomanytoys

Besides who cares who has the best rc. This is supposed to be a hobby and its supposed to be fun. Its not a competition unless you are racing.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Actually I think the competition and racing are supposed to be fun too. Lets face it, 99% of us aren't going to make a living racing RC. I have the most fun when all the guys gather on the weekends for some racing. The competition is a helluva lotta fun.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 PM
hakmazter

What Cold Reboot said in his signature.....You should look at the Caster for sure.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:52 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: cold_reboot

Actually I think the competition and racing are supposed to be fun too. Lets face it, 99% of us aren't going to make a living racing RC. I have the most fun when all the guys gather on the weekends for some racing. The competition is a helluva lotta fun.
I wish it could always be that simple. That is the way I like it, just having fun even if racing but you always get people who have it in there head to take everything so serious and make it bad for some people. Oh well, just have to ignore them
Old 05-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: hakmazter

What Cold Reboot said in his signature.....You should look at the Caster for sure.
Have 3 of them..one tricker than yours....lol
Old 05-25-2008, 06:11 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

i always have the same response to any "BESTXXX" thread:

there is no best
DO SOme research see what fits your budget and tastes
and like you said OASIS talent doesn't come with money it comes with practice
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 PM
j_blaze

a well set up truggy can make you "look" like a better driver. i only started racing cause of my hyper st and how well i could get it around. now the cen is my choice for durability. seems to make it through a race day less harmed than the others i have driven.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Mufasa_719

its too bad every one has this thought process. I see so many "dont get that it sux get this I have it and its great" but you know what you never see....is that they have never driven one LOL but there are some that have but like newkid said research. not just ask whats the best one
Old 05-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: Mufasa_719

its too bad every one has this thought process. I see so many "dont get that it sux get this I have it and its great" but you know what you never see....is that they have never driven one LOL but there are some that have but like newkid said research. not just ask whats the best one
I totally agree with this..another thing that i see on this board is we have enthusiast's from all over the world (not that this is a bad thing..it's cool) giving recommendations on truggies..one thing to remember is European and Asian tracks are not the same as an American track, Most American tracks are super cross style tracks, huge jumps, they tend to get blown out so a longer chassis and a wider truggy works better than a shorter narrower truggy, so if you race on a small tight track a truggy like the Kyosho ST-R is going to work better than the ST-RR is. Not every truggy is for everyone..in other words everyone drives differently so what works for me may not work for you, I had a Losi and I was fast with it but I just did not feel comfortable with it, I have a Mugen prospec, nice truggy but it has a bit to much push for me, I also have a Kyosho ST-RR..I really like this truggy, tons of steering and it handles the fast stuff really well..for me it's as fast as the Losi but feels more locked in..Just so you guys know I dont hate any brand and i'm not a fan-boy of any brand..I still have a Hellfire..and a ton of parts for it, I have a few friends that work for HPI so I got hooked up with one..I dont have any breakage problems with it..but I'm not a huge fan of it either..The Hellfire gets the worst press and the most hate that i have ever seen..Just as Mufasa said..90% of the people slamming the Hellfire have never owned or driven one..I hear the same thing..my friend..someone at the track..I was told..yada yada..yada..I have friends that would break an anvil if ya put wheels on it..I have been running truggies for about 9 years now and I have owned at one time or another most of the truggies on the market..I am learning to not say anything about them because people tend to get offended..
Old 06-17-2008, 08:48 AM
DS

so xtm isnt a bad brand either, like there new truggy coming out the xst.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:12 AM
rebelracer246

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

a well set up truggy can make you "look" like a better driver. i only started racing cause of my hyper st and how well i could get it around. now the cen is my choice for durability. seems to make it through a race day less harmed than the others i have driven.
the cens are a joke they brake so easy expecaly on race day
Old 06-17-2008, 10:33 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Do they have really good brakes??
Old 06-17-2008, 10:44 AM
rebelracer246

im dont mean like that i was driving one and it broke the first jump i hit
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Oh so you mean it breaks easily, I see.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 AM
rebelracer246

lol ya i have and 8t and i havnt broke it yet so ya
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 AM
westphill24

Wow did you read any of the posts in this thread rebel. There talking about how people are always saying some rc sucks. I always run into stuff and I just started going to the track so Im always breaking something, does that mean my rc's suck?

The only real problem I have with the threads like this is how if anyone says anything about Losi, especially the eight, some Losi owners go crazy. Its a fact that it was and issue with setting up the servo correctly that other rc's didnt. Its ok to be happy with whatever you buy people just shouldnt be so defensive if people dont agree.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Oasis TR

I agree 100%
Old 06-17-2008, 11:21 AM
slayerphonics

The best truggy is the one you have fun driving.

I look at it this way, People put a lot of time and a lot of money into their RCs, eventually you can't help but feel that your possesions are in same way an extension of you. So people get offended when you come over and say the truck that they bought that they spent hours working on sucks and is garbage, people get offended. I don't blame them running around screaming that this car sucks or that one, is just rude. If you don't have anything nice to say, then just keep it to yourself.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:38 PM
darksoul242001

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

The best truggy is the one you have fun driving.

I look at it this way, People put a lot of time and a lot of money into their RCs, eventually you can't help but feel that your possesions are in same way an extension of you. So people get offended when you come over and say the truck that they bought that they spent hours working on sucks and is garbage, people get offended. I don't blame them running around screaming that this car sucks or that one, is just rude. If you don't have anything nice to say, then just keep it to yourself.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Any truck or car is capable of breaking in the track. It has to do with your driving style and what kind of stunts you are trying to perform. I've seen a lot of newbs at the track with their cars trying to go full throttle down the straight with no concept of what "brakes" are and end up kissing the back wall with a truck that ends up looking like a banana. Ha! Well there are also those who attempt the big jumps at full speed and end up launching the truck off the track or into the turn marshall's head.[sm=lol.gif] so by doing this anything will break. I've driven a CEN truck, Jammin CRT, Hellfire and they are all good. I currently own a Hyper st and I've driven it hard around the track and yes I've had it break due to a runaway but I have no complaints. I've got way to many cars from different manufacturers and there are some that I rather wrench and some that I dont like to wrench at all because they take so much time to take things appart. Its not that RCS suck but it depends on what you are going to do. If you want to make a TMAXX for example a race truck of course it can be done but its gonna be expensive so in that case why not get something that you can race out of the box? So get the truck you like and get out there and drive. Only then will you know what you can do with the truck you just bought! And if someone tells you that your car sucks and you beat them at a race then who really sucks now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.