Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Picco .26 Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:18 PM
viper463

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco .26 Question

Does any body have a Picco .26 the one with the purple head. I'm getting a truggy from a guy and it has that engine in it and I'm wondering how well the run and how they tune? I've not had very good luck with picco's before but thats no reason not to give this one a chance. What other engine would be compairable to it as far as top end and also bottom end grunt? How long do Picco's usually last when used properly? What problems has anyone had with this engine?
http://www.ofna.com/eng-picco-26.html thats the link to the engine specs also this one is a bump box start engine not a pull start THANK GOD for that right...
Old 06-01-2008, 11:22 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Picco .26 Question

The biggest and most common problem with picco engines is that they need to be sealed. Other than that they are some of the best running engines you can get without going to and italian mill. Quality is very good and they will last a long time. If you want any info on Picco engines look for Supertib. He seems to be teh Picco guru on this site.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:26 PM
viper463

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

The biggest and most common problem with picco engines is that they need to be sealed. Other than that they are some of the best running engines you can get without going to and italian mill. Quality is very good and they will last a long time. If you want any info on Picco engines look for Supertib. He seems to be teh Picco guru on this site.

I thought Picco was a Italian engine.. Also to add to my questions above what jammin pipe would work best with this engine.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:03 AM
twomanytoys

Sorry dont know what I was thinking about. I had several picco engines. I was thinking Ofna/Picco in cali which are the american distributors of picco. They are italian manufactured mills.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:55 AM
viper463

Ah ok I got confused for a minute... So your saying this should be a pretty good mill? I actually plan on racing it in a truggy but I don't know what to expect because like I said I have had nothing but bad luck with the other picco's I've had. Is there any suggestions as to what glow plug to run on 30% with a picco? What are the big no no's with picco's?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:29 AM
twomanytoys

Just seal the entire engine and you should have no problems. Thats the biggest issue with them. I had 2 of them leak really bad and both were replaced by picco and the last one was great once I sealed it. Some say they are hard to tune but others say they are easy. I guess it all depends on your tuning abilities.