Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Track day question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 PM
95MoYj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track day question

Do u guys ever tune your trucks at home and then take them to the track? Or do u tune your trucks specifically for the track? I find it difficult to tune at the track only because its just me and your not allowed to stand on the track druing practice, only turn marshalls are allowed. When i tune my truck at home it never runs the same as it did while at the home, which makes me seem like a jack ***** when i sit at the table all day trying to get it to start again and then constantly pulling it off the track to get it tuned correctly.

Sorry just had to vent a little.

and a pic just so you didnt feel like you wasted your time reading my thread
Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 AM
phattracker
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Track day question

That is pretty normal. Just try to make very small adjustments. Try to visualize your elevation changes, humidity, ambient temp. All play roles in engine tuning, so if it is the same elevation, temp, humidity then try looking elsewhere in your set-up. Then again, maybe your car/truck is just shy. lol
Old 06-26-2008, 07:58 AM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: 95MoYj

Do u guys ever tune your trucks at home and then take them to the track? Or do u tune your trucks specifically for the track? I find it difficult to tune at the track only because its just me and your not allowed to stand on the track druing practice, only turn marshalls are allowed. When i tune my truck at home it never runs the same as it did while at the home, which makes me seem like a jack ***** when i sit at the table all day trying to get it to start again and then constantly pulling it off the track to get it tuned correctly.

Sorry just had to vent a little.

and a pic just so you didnt feel like you wasted your time reading my thread
Best thing you can do is to learn how to tune your truck while its still sitting on the bumpbox, I can get my engine tune very close to almost right on just by reving it on the box.

But I always tune at the track, because the track surface conditions play a role with the tune,

If you tune your truck on pavement, the tune will be diffrent on clay. Thats what i've found,
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Oasis TR

To be honest it should not take very long to get your Truggy tuned..I never mess with my "stuff" at home, track conditions really dont change that much for me anyways, I tend to run my motor a bit on the rich side..I guess it also helps if you know what you need to do under certain conditions..heres a chart that might help..

Old 06-26-2008, 02:50 PM
shankdog626

hmmm the altitude and humidity seems to be opposite of normal car tuning.

In high altitude the air is thinner thus would starve the motor of oxygen,
I think you'd want to richen then, wouldn't you?

And in high humidity it would make a nuetrally tuned car run fat or rich, no ?

I'm in the desert so when I go toward the ocean I usually end having to lean
out my settings in the heavier air there but it's wierd because it is always cooler too.

I just go with moderate smoke at both bottom and top end that way I don't burn
anything up.