Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Old 08-01-2008, 02:53 PM
qaiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

ORIGINAL: Draxan

Hello. I got X2 too and i try to build it in weekend. Where You buy this Lightened Spur Gear ? Can You give me link to it pls ?
I picked mine up locally..

Just had a quick look on A Main, they dont seem to have it yet.

The stock one is fine..

Just something went wrong last race and it pretty much killed my stock one, and the light weight one was like $10 more, so I went with the light weight one...
Old 08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Atom

Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

quiz can you measure the rear shaft (from end to end) of your awesome X2 for me if it is not to much trouble and post
Thank You,
Mark
Old 08-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Atom

I meant qaiz
Old 08-01-2008, 05:42 PM
qaiz

Mark,

Front shaft is shorter ( Pretty Obvious LOL ). Rear one longer, CVD's.

Ill try and find some tape measure now . Keep posted.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:45 PM
qaiz

Rough Estimate :

Rear - 5.5 - 5.6 Inches.

Front - 4 Inches

Im driving it tomorrow, but will be doing a complete strip down after. Will get the exact dimensions up then.

Hope this helps .
Old 08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Atom

Thank you qaiz, and your truck looks good.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:11 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: Atom

Thank you qaiz, and your truck looks good.
No problems.

You meant the center drive shafts right LOL.?

The measurements I posted are for the center drive shaft..
Old 08-02-2008, 05:25 AM
phattracker
My Feedback: (1)

Qaiz!!! Change the subject title, make this the offical thread.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:49 AM
J24gordon

I agree with phattracker make it official,to much good info here for it not to be
Old 08-02-2008, 12:12 PM
qaiz

Lol alright, done.

Just had her on the track, the changes I made in the set-up were obviousely right LOL. It feels more planted, and still with the stock tyres now.!

Goes around corners better,

Only thing, something is squeaking LOL, I dont know what, but im gonna find it.! Its been driving me crazy all day, the minute I get on the throttle, something starts to squeak like crazy.! I stopped driving because of that damn squeak.!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:31 PM
rcpowerhorse

what happened to the nitrage??
Old 08-02-2008, 10:47 PM
benoit_desnoyers

Hello,

Can anyone know if in the kit of the X2-CRT, this part are in plastic or in CNC:

Front lower arm holder (B type)
Front upper arm holber (B type)

This part is in the front of the truggy...

Help me !!!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:37 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: benoit_desnoyers

Hello,

Can anyone know if in the kit of the X2-CRT, this part are in plastic or in CNC:

Front lower arm holder (B type)
Front upper arm holber (B type)

This part is in the front of the truggy...

Help me !!!
The Lower one is ( B Type ) CNC
The Upper one is ( B Type ) Plastic..

*Edit*

You'll have to dig around a bit for the CNC one.

If you look at my pics, I found the plastic one first, and then the CNC one.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:37 AM
J24gordon

Qaiz, do you know if the x1 a-arms will fit on the x2, or if any other parts are inter-changable, I have a ton of parts for my x1 and need to know if I need to buy a ton more lol
Old 08-03-2008, 08:41 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: J24gordon

Qaiz, do you know if the x1 a-arms will fit on the x2, or if any other parts are inter-changable, I have a ton of parts for my x1 and need to know if I need to buy a ton more lol
X1 Lower Arms are a perfect fit..

But they wont be as stiff, but dont worry, the X2 spare arms arent even out yet LOL.

The Upper ones are longer in the X2, but the X1's will fit, kinda.

Dont worry about breaking anything, ive not broken a thing.. Yet.!

There are quite a few interchangable parts from the X1, but I dont exactly know which ones. Ill need to get my hands on an X1 to find out.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:26 AM
J24gordon

Cool Thanks, I've been looking for parts for the x2 and not having much luck must be to new still, can't wait till tommorrow when it'll be here
Old 08-03-2008, 09:37 AM
qaiz

Cool Thanks, I've been looking for parts for the x2 and not having much luck must be to new still, can't wait till tommorrow when it'll be here
Good luck.! Keep me posted on how the build goes.!

Dont worry about the parts, its gonna be a LONG time until you break something .!

Plus you should already be familiar with jammin, you own the X1.!

What engine you planning to throw in that beast.?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 AM
J24gordon

I have a jpx .28 that's running strong, when it dies i have a o.s. 28 i'll put in it
Old 08-03-2008, 10:24 AM
qaiz

I have a jpx .28 that's running strong, when it dies i have a o.s. 28 i'll put in it
Thats alright, you can re-create my truggy

That OS 28 is a monster of an engine, lemme tell you that.

Looking at the JPX .21 Supertib Modded at the moment, I love the vids ive seen of that engine.! Thats pretty much my next engine...
Old 08-03-2008, 10:29 AM
J24gordon

I've been running the jpx all year and it's been running good. It will keep up with the o.s. no problem, i did have a moded one that broke the connecting rod but other then that it runs strong. My new jpx isn't moded but it sure is a runner. I got the o.s. as a backup about a month ago and it's still in the box. Looks like your set-ups working for you, so why not copy it lol
Old 08-03-2008, 01:40 PM
qaiz

I've been running the jpx all year and it's been running good. It will keep up with the o.s. no problem, i did have a moded one that broke the connecting rod but other then that it runs strong. My new jpx isn't moded but it sure is a runner. I got the o.s. as a backup about a month ago and it's still in the box. Looks like your set-ups working for you, so why not copy it lol
Damn, that sucks about the Con. I know those JPx's sure can go. It is gonna be my next motor 100%. The X2 dosnet need a nuclear powered 28 to get around the track.

When I had my JP B7T in there, it got around extremely well. But that engine's not right for a truggy, its extremely well suited for a buggy.

Lol PM me your email add, ill send you my setup sheet, its a PDF, cant post it on here.

Post pics when you get your X2.! Im tired of being the only one on here whose posting pics LOL.!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Townsley

is the x2 worth selling my old jammin x1? or would it make more sense to just buy upgrade parts for the jammin x1?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 PM
phattracker
My Feedback: (1)

I'm gonna wait and see about parts from the X2 fitting the X1. Namely the center diff assembly. Got a sweet X1, not a BCE, but got I got a fioroni chassis anyway. Hate to start all over but it would be fun. But, too costly for me.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:55 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: Townsley

is the x2 worth selling my old jammin x1? or would it make more sense to just buy upgrade parts for the jammin x1?
Well, thats your call. I cant say. Ive not owned an X1 CRT, but ive definately driven it, and the X2 is differient in about every way. It steers much more, it loves to go into corners with power. Ive never had this thing power push through a corner.! It goes around with an extremely ' planted ' feel. You dont get the feeling that its gonna loose traction and flip on a corner.

But if your thinking $$$ wise, look at the parts cost, if you were to upgrade your X1 to X2 specs, you'll need A LOTTA things LOL.

Chassis
Radio Tray
Complete Center Diff mount + Diff
Drive Shafts
Front + Rear spiral diffs
Fuel Tank
A Arms

Thats just to name a few. It be better $$$ wise going to an X2, and since you already own an X1, you should have a few parts lying around for it.

Its kinda an after thought, but the bearings that come with the X2 are pretty much the best bearings ive ever seen to come with a kit.!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 AM
benoit_desnoyers

About the body... if you compare it to the body of the original X1-CRT, the boby of the X2-CRT is more strong or not (the plastic) ?

I just buy it today... i will put my RB TM928 motor in it (i use it in my X1-CRT) but what is the best servos to buy at reasonnable price to put in the truck ? In the moment, i use 2x S3305 analog servo from Futaba in my X1-CRT. I use a Nomadio Reat to control it. Please, give my some suggestions [8D]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.